Match Thread QPR (A) Match Thread - 28th August - 3PM Kickoff (4 Viewers)

steveo1987

First half was excellent and should have had 2 possibly 3...Everyone played well with Mattsen and Salter linking well with the threat on the left. Can't understand the changes with the front two as we totally lost our shape and nothing fell for us.. Not so disappointed but we really can't squander games like this.

cc84cov

For me Hamar just isnt the same as last seaon. Hes lost that extra bit of quality he showed
He’s been ok past few games he over does things too much at times tho their defence loved how we just give them it all in the air

RegTheDonk

Disappointed, thought we played well enough to get a point but they're a decent side. I like young Ian's drive, he seems to be able to get forward quickly, but his crosses were poor. Really need him to work on that with no real alternative at the moment.

I'm happy though as, on the face of it, we don't look like we'll have to worry about a relegation scrap this year. Glass half full for a change.

Grendel

He’s been ok past few games he over does things too much at times tho their defence loved how we just give them it all in the air

He’s found a natural level which is good enough but not the levels of early last season - he was not great in the first goal when you look at it - allowed the cross far too easily

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

He's started the season well, he isn't standing out any more as other players have also started well.

I think that's accurate.

He was a cut above last season, at least at the beginning, but the squad is adapting to the league better now, certainly more so than I thought they would after one season.

Don't want to get carried away, and I still would have liked to have more signings as we lack a bit of depth, but the signs so far are generally positive and I think he is perhaps a casualty of that. Get a goal and I reckon he'll be more of a beast again though.

Rodders1

Bit gutted with the result. Feel robbins changed the game with the 2 subs as we were in control until then. Cruise didn’t get something 1st half. Dykes the difference in the end. But we are a decent side.

Cov kid 55

QPR forum saying we bossed the game with, luckily, no end product. Also two poor Cov substitutions changed the game….

Sky Blue Harry H

Watching Posh v Baggies (Baggies don't look as polished as I thought they might - Fulham for the title based on this)

fatso

For me Hamar just isnt the same as last seaon. Hes lost that extra bit of quality he showed
He's struggling to find an "out ball" Gyokeres is being tightly marked and Waghorn has zero pace and cant work the Chanel efficiently enough. Ohare has all the talent, but cant finish, Walker and Godden are very good strikers in their own way, but I cant see either being the ideal partner for Gyokeres, that's the conundrum MR is facing, who the fuck partners Gyoketes? The possible answer could be Bright, but he may never play for us. It's a big problem.

shmmeee

Yes, to be fair they were talking about the first half, and I guess you’d have to ask the QPR fan who posted it.

CWR reported at half time we’d had 1/3 of the possession.

We played on the break (effectively) first half and barely got out of our half before it was 2-0 second half. At no point did we “boss the game” like we have the last three.

CCFC54321

He's struggling to find an "out ball" Gyokeres is being tightly marked and Waghorn has zero pace and cant work the Chanel efficiently enough. Ohare has all the talent, but cant finish, Walker and Godden are very good strikers in their own way, but I cant see either being the ideal partner for Gyokeres, that's the conundrum MR is facing, who the fuck partners Gyoketes? The possible answer could be Bright, but he may never play for us. It's a big problem.

The ‘perception’ of Walker is he doesn’t work hard enough off the ball. He isn’t someone I’d consider bringing on in a tight game away from home when you need your forwards to defend from the front.

For me, and a lot of others I speak to is the jury’s out on Walker as championship forward. One game I think he’s got something about him one week I’m not so sure.

Not really worked out as well as Robins would have hoped having dished out £750,000 for him?

slowpoke

Frustrating result yesterday, we battered them first half and started well second half but not converting our superiority into goals cost us again we are well worth our nine points but when you look at how we achieved them with last ditch winners even the Blackpool winner was last kick of the first half there’s element of fortune there. It needs sorting.

Gyorkeres was immense again first half and thought Waghorne had his best game so far but I’m not convinced the Gyo/Waggy partnership as a strike force works that’s MRs quest to find out of which one out of Waggy/Godden/Walker does. Not knocking bringing on Godden & Walker unfortunately before it had time to gel into the game QPR scored then JCS went off injured so we had to re-shuffle a bit and service to our front two was impaired.
Godden understandably looked a bit ring rusty and is going to need a couple of games to get match fit same with Walker.

But there’s still positives from yesterday we can and did outplay a top championship team for an hour and should have come in at half time 2 or 3 up. another positive was goalkeeper Simon Moore some saves and handling corners etc were magnificent.

Negatives well apart from the obvious getting beat, corners, I lost count how many we had but apart from one the McFadz miss the quality wasn’t good enough and were too easily defended.

Before yesterday I said I would be happy with four points from our next three games still would but we have start converting our superiors into goals.

Gint11

The game went the way we probably all thought it would. They’d start slow, we’d start well, have umpteen chances and not take one and then go on to lose..

disappointed not to get anything from it but it’s a tough fixture but I feel differently to usual. We are 7th going into the international break and we are, in the main, dominating games.

Just been on their forum and it’s “Coventry have improved, they bossed it first half” “we should have been 2/3 down at half time.

We’re just too wasteful at the minute but hopefully with a fit forward line that changes. Making chances is important first step, sticking them away next.

Great start to the season for us…..

Users who are viewing this thread