PS5 (1 Viewer)

ajsccfc

Just started Spider-Man, very impressed looks great and plays well. Only issue is that you need to learn 4000 moves in the game which is a tad annoying

I find this with some games, Spiderman was definitely one. If I stop playing it for any amount of time there's too much to re-learn for me to get back into it

hill83

Do you all plan on getting the most from the technology by purchasing a 144hz monitor?

Bought this when I got mine

Says 100hz on there but it does 120. I got it for £589.

Won’t get a better price for 120hz but the lighting on it isn’t the best but I bought it purely for gaming. It’s basically an upper mid range tv and somehow they’ve slapped 120hz in it at a relatively low price.

Only game I’ve played at 120 is Cold War and the jump from 60 to 120 is bigger than the jump from 30 to 60 for me. It’s incredible.

Last edited:

Evo1883

Bought this when I got mine

Says 100hz on there but it does 120. I got it for £589.

Won’t get a better price for 120hz but the lighting on it isn’t the best but I bought it purely for gaming. It’s basically an upper mid range tv and somehow they’ve slapped 120hz in it at a relatively low price.

Only game I’ve played at 120 is Cold War and the jump from 60 to 120 is bigger than the jump from 30 to 60 for me. It’s incredible.
Yea it's what you want definitely..smooth fluid movement and better target tracking on higher hz

You truly feel the difference going back to 60 hz

hill83

Decided I don't like the feel of the PS5 controller in the hand. Like the feedback and adaptive triggers. Just much prefer the feel of the PS4 controller.

Yeah, I only really play warzone at the moment, and as good as the haptic feedback and triggers are and I'm sure will be for future PS5 games, I also prefer the old pad right now.

Skybluefaz

Yeah, I only really play warzone at the moment, and as good as the haptic feedback and triggers are and I'm sure will be for future PS5 games, I also prefer the old pad right now.
It's only really Fifa online where I feel like it hampers me a bit. The thumb sticks feel like they might slip out of my control and the buttons and general feel I've mentioned. You can get things that go on top of the thumb sticks. Might give them a try.

Frostie

That's a game I'm looking forward to playing. Never got round to it on ps4 but from what I've read that's a good thing with all the improvements they've made since launch, plus now the improved FPS to boot.

I'm sure you've probably seen mate but Days Gone is free on PS Plus this month. Highly recommend it.

Alkhen

Forgot to get back about my buzzing PS5. I got it back from Sony within 2 weeks but the problem is definitely not fully fixed. its a little less loud. Im going to wait for a bit untill the repair teams have more experience before trying again. such a pain in the arse :(

Alkhen

I also don't like the plastic they've made the buttons out of. Had an issue with the square button sticking.

I like the controller for most but hate the options button, its too small and hard to press. sports games like Pes where you hammer it to skip replays is really uncomfortable

Alkhen

not an obvious choice but one game id suggest people with a PS5 pick up is No Mans Sky.

was pretty broken when it came out a few years back on PS4 but the makers have released so man updates it is practically a new game. there is a dedicated PS5 upgrade for free which adds all the usual PS5 extras like haptic trigger and better graphics but crucially it massivly reduces loading times which really broke the Ps4 version for me.

They have also added multiplayer, permadeath modes but best of all they have Creative mode which is perfect for the No Mans Sky gameplay as you have everything the game has to offer instantly alvailable and you can just explore without stress. Great fun. Also it only takes up 12Gb on the SSD 👍

I picked up a secondhand PS4 copy in game for a tenner and used the free PS5 update. Bargain

Covstu

not an obvious choice but one game id suggest people with a PS5 pick up is No Mans Sky.

was pretty broken when it came out a few years back on PS4 but the makers have released so man updates it is practically a new game. there is a dedicated PS5 upgrade for free which adds all the usual PS5 extras like haptic trigger and better graphics but crucially it massivly reduces loading times which really broke the Ps4 version for me.

They have also added multiplayer, permadeath modes but best of all they have Creative mode which is perfect for the No Mans Sky gameplay as you have everything the game has to offer instantly alvailable and you can just explore without stress. Great fun. Also it only takes up 12Gb on the SSD 👍

I picked up a secondhand PS4 copy in game for a tenner and used the free PS5 update. Bargain
It was a game I was really looking forward too, going to be similar to Frontier type game but it was very dull and nothing to do. It lost me at that stage

Covstu

Forgot to get back about my buzzing PS5. I got it back from Sony within 2 weeks but the problem is definitely not fully fixed. its a little less loud. Im going to wait for a bit untill the repair teams have more experience before trying again. such a pain in the arse :(
Mine is quiet but it can get glitchy now and again But having said that I am playing cyberpunk which is very glitchy!

Alkhen

It was a game I was really looking forward too, going to be similar to Frontier type game but it was very dull and nothing to do. It lost me at that stage

Yeah had the same experience when I got it at launch but it has been well supported and patched to add so much more. The sandbox mode alone is definitely worth a tenner especially with the PS5 perks

Evo1883

Will be on the hunt for a ps5 over the best 3 or 4 weeks .

Sold my PC today as I just don't game enough anymore .

Users who are viewing this thread