PS5 (2 Viewers)

SkyBlueDom26

Still can’t find the bastard anywhere to preorder, anybody else found one?

ajsccfc

Nope nothing, they're cutting it close if they're going to have another round of preordering before release now

Alkhen

That's too big to put in living room equipment stands etc. What are they thinking?

From the breakdown vid from Sony they have made it huge so it stays cool and quiet.massive issue with ps4 but does seem mad that it's going to take up so much space.

I'm hoping there will be some re-sculpted aftermarket panels to switch out the white parts. There are already loads available in different colours but I recon there will soon be some more minimal slimmer ones

ajsccfc

Apparently Very have popped up with stock now and then and people are getting it through Game's expensive bundles but Sony have said that it won't be available on shop shelves due to Covid so I'm expecting orders to open up online on release day now.

Skybluefaz

Apparently Very have popped up with stock now and then and people are getting it through Game's expensive bundles but Sony have said that it won't be available on shop shelves due to Covid so I'm expecting orders to open up online on release day now.
I read that Game were potentially going to have units to order online on launch day. I'm getting the right itch now. Thought I wouldn't be bothered about not getting one on launch day but I definitely am now.

Evo1883

My daughter wants one for Christmas, have had to let her down gently. Going to get her an Xbox instead.
I mean they are all good choices... I only played playstation for so long because its what all my mates were on... Make sure you only get her the console all her friends are on...

Covstu

Dawned on me a few days ago that although I have one on pre order I dont have a game! Assassins creed arrived yesterday so it’s sitting there teasing me for a friggin week!

ajsccfc

Game, Amazon, Tesco, Very, John Lewis and Currys all confirmed that they will have stock available on Thursday to order for delivery or click and collect

chiefdave

Nothing at all suspicious seeing people on social media tracking their PS5 deliveries only to see the status change to missing a few minutes after being passed to delivery drivers. Seems particular common at Yodel.

hill83

Not jealous at all. You're just a fucking sheep. I'm going to play snes like a true fucking gamer.

Just played the Astro Bot game. Essentially a tech demo for the controller. The new controller is an absolute game changer. I can’t even explain it.

TomRad85

I've only got the mini. I was always Sega growing up. Snes had some brilliant stuff going on though no doubt.
I'm a retro lover, its my one geeky vice. Won't go through exactly what I have right now.
I must say this upcoming generation is the least excited I've ever been for a new gen though. I'll probably get a Series X but meehhh.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

ajsccfc

I've done the hakchi mod on my mini snes so it's now a treasure trove of all the best games from that console plus even a few N64 games that emulate nicely. I know you can do it all on a PC for nowt but it's not the same for me

TomRad85

I've done the hakchi mod on my mini snes so it's now a treasure trove of all the best games from that console plus even a few N64 games that emulate nicely. I know you can do it all on a PC for nowt but it's not the same for me
Nice work. And completely agree its not the same on a PC.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Covstu

Got mine yesterday albeit I only set it up last night. It’s a huge machine, totally dwarfs the PS4 but a lot quieter. Just started AC Valhalla it’s cracking so far.

Alkhen

Got mine yesterday albeit I only set it up last night. It’s a huge machine, totally dwarfs the PS4 but a lot quieter. Just started AC Valhalla it’s cracking so far.

Got mine last week. Well pissed off definitely not whisper quiet. Horrible buzzing noise when I'm playing games but stops in menus. It's not the fan, apparently there is a known issue with capacitor hum. Sounds like someone shaving, doing my nut in.

Apart from that I'm loving it. So quick. Changing how I play. Can genuinely just dip into stuff. Straight into a game in a few seconds.

Skybluefaz

Got mine last week. Well pissed off definitely not whisper quiet. Horrible buzzing noise when I'm playing games but stops in menus. It's not the fan, apparently there is a known issue with capacitor hum. Sounds like someone shaving, doing my nut in.

Apart from that I'm loving it. So quick. Changing how I play. Can genuinely just dip into stuff. Straight into a game in a few seconds.
I keep kicking it down the road. Partly cos it's so hard to get hold of still. May still wait until summer tbh until they properly add next gen update to Cyberpunk.

Alkhen

I keep kicking it down the road. Partly cos it's so hard to get hold of still. May still wait until summer tbh until they properly add next gen update to Cyberpunk.

I'd wait till they iron out some of the teething problems.

I recon Sony will follow suit with MS and add sound dampening goop to the components that are prone to buzzing. No idea why it wasn't picked up in testing.

YJEFADN.png

ajsccfc

I've been lucky so far as mine is completely silent, and they've finally patched the annoying thing where it would automatically try to install from the PS4 disc that you need to have inserted to play the PS5 version. Getting an oddity now where I've deleted a few games but the icons still sit on the main menu but without colour like they're ghost games, no way to remove them and they don't move down the list. Bit of a pain

Alkhen

I've been lucky so far as mine is completely silent, and they've finally patched the annoying thing where it would automatically try to install from the PS4 disc that you need to have inserted to play the PS5 version. Getting an oddity now where I've deleted a few games but the icons still sit on the main menu but without colour like they're ghost games, no way to remove them and they don't move down the list. Bit of a pain

man im jealous, the promise of quiet gaming was one of the main driving factors to jump on early. My PS4 was ridiculously loud and had horrible coil whine.

I really dont know what to do. apparently its a really common issue but I suppose due to console shortages the outcry isnt that high yet. I dont know if I should send it back, feel like it could take ages to sort or not get sorted at all.

Maybe I should wait and give them a bit more time to work out a proper fix if they get loads of complaints

ajsccfc

If it helps, of the few people I've seen have issues they seem to have been replaced really quickly, not sure if they hold some in reserve for the existing consumer base rather than get them all out on shelves.

Users who are viewing this thread