Protest Tuesday (1 Viewer)

letsallsingtogether

Thought it was at 7.00pm.
If it is earlier then we maybe struggling to get attendees Will make it myself if need be.

IMPORTANT! The council meeting starts @ 2pm so protests should be before then...i.e. from 1pm

They'll all be gone by 6!

Rob S

Had a call from BBC Midlands Today. They would have a crew available from 1pm and it would make sense to them for lunch bulletin, councillors going in to meeting etc.

They would also be happy to do more at 6pm to get aftermath / see if meeting is still going etc. So...

It could be worth trying to get fans to come from 1pm and have a vigil-style protest for the whole day inc. attendance at public gallery until we are kicked out.

They did say they would want to interview either myself or Cossy but as this is more of a grassroots protest it might be better if we put forward a range of people.

Possibility to meet & work out tactics at trust meeting on Monday?

chiefdave

I think if this is going to happen someone on the ground locally needs to get on the case and get all the details firmed up. To me it is absolutely essential to have a decent group of supporters from Cov RFC and Wasps there. I expect someone who lives locally could sort things with Cov RFC fairly easily but has anyone reached out to Wasps supporters to see what numbers they are likely to be attending in?

Rob S

I think if this is going to happen someone on the ground locally needs to get on the case and get all the details firmed up. To me it is absolutely essential to have a decent group of supporters from Cov RFC and Wasps there. I expect someone who lives locally could sort things with Cov RFC fairly easily but has anyone reached out to Wasps supporters to see what numbers they are likely to be attending in?
Totally agree. I think the beer hour is upon us now but regroup over the w/end to see where we go?

ohitsaidwalker king power

Im going to try to get there LAST- just have issues around picking my Son up.. given the estranged situation I find myself in.. you know how it is... but if I can I will.

*Edit just read the 2PM start... maybe Ill take a half day off....

Last edited:

Rob S

So just bumping this thread up to see what people are feeling about a protest on Tuesday.

As I said earlier, I think this works better as a general fans protest rather than having any organised group behind it and as LAST & BHSB kicked it off it is there's really. I'm happy to direct any media to them if we go ahead.

Rusty Trombone

So just bumping this thread up to see what people are feeling about a protest on Tuesday.

As I said earlier, I think this works better as a general fans protest rather than having any organised group behind it and as LAST & BHSB kicked it off it is there's really. I'm happy to direct any media to them if we go ahead.

Is Joy going, or is she still not bothered?

quinn1971

Is Joy going, or is she still not bothered?

Wouldnt bother, it's a done deal, bit worrying when the people who will be voting haven't been told what they're voting on, I'm sure it's all perfectly legit and above board, I'm sure our council wouldn't do anything to harm the club

Rusty Trombone

Wouldnt bother, it's a done deal, bit worrying when the people who will be voting haven't been told what they're voting on, I'm sure it's all perfectly legit and above board, I'm sure our council wouldn't do anything to harm the club 

What harm can it do to the club?

Otis

As I have said, from the council's perspective, if they believe the deal beneifts all parties then of course they will vote yes. Wasps fans won't even enter their thinking, same as with Northampton with us. I'm sure their chairman at Sixifelds didn't think about City fans for more than a fleeing second, if at all.

That doesn't make it right of course, I'm not saying that. As politicians, if CCC think this deal benefits Coventry they will vote yes.

Would also hasten to add, if the deal proposed vote did happened to be leaked out in all its full glory and the deal appeared to favour Coventry City and us as Sky Blues fans were asked to vote on the proposal, I would estimate a very large majority in favour of the deal.

Again, not saying that would be right and proper of course and I am sure many would vote yes with a heavy heart and with thoughts and sympathies towards Wasps fans, but the vote would be yes if it favoured the City.

That's just the way it is and fans are quite tribal and dare I say, selfish.

Same when you get people calling for more prisons to be built ...... as long as it isn't on their soil. They will nearly always put themselves first.

With the Sixfields thing we were all unanimous on not wanting our club removed from its home. If this deal now favoured the City then it would be a different matter entirely, for if people believed it to benefit the Sky Blues they would on the whole support it.

Going to Northampton was something we didn't at all want, a deal that somehow secured our future at the Rioch, nearly everyone does want. That's why you have to be very careful about protesting.
It's the world we live in sadly.

Last edited:

letsallsingtogether

As I have said, from the council's perspective, if they believe the deal beneifts all parties then of course they will vote yes. Wasps fans won't even enter their thinking, same as with Northampton with us. I'm sure their chairman at Sixifelds didn't think about City fans for more than a fleeing second, if at all.

I agree with all of that but we need to show that we are watching closely and want all the facts before they do anything.

If after they know the details of the agreement Sisu still aren't bothered, and are still adamant that a new ground is the only way forward then I suppose the council will have no choice but to also move on.

Otis

And, also, put it this way.

Let's say for a moment that the vast Wasps fans wanted this move to the Ricoh. Do we really believe for a second they would care one jot if it meant us being kicked out of our home?

I think it's really decent that some on here would be totally against the move even if it benefitted Cov City and Cov rugby, as long as Wasps fans were against it, but there are not too many who would think like that and join them if the crunch came to the crunch.

Would Wasps fans care about us at all if a deal totally benefitted them?

Sad, but true.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Well people on thursday night I had an idea of what I was protesting for,and you all know how I love a good protest. However numerous things came to light on friday and saturday that now I am no longer sure what the aim is,it seems the only issue now is Wasps moving,and we don't know if thats a fact do we? Going to the Trust meeting on Monday,waiting for the leak that is bound to come from mondays councillors briefing and will make my mind up.

By the way Rob S if I do go I neither want or need any personal media attention.

Otis

Well people on thursday night I had an idea of what I was protesting for,and you all know how I love a good protest. However numerous things came to light on friday and saturday that now I am no longer sure what the aim is,it seems the only issue now is Wasps moving,and we don't know if thats a fact do we? Going to the Trust meeting on Monday,waiting for the leak that is bound to come from mondays councillors briefing and will make my mind up.

By the way Rob S if I do go I neither want or need any personal media attention.

The goalposts do keep quite slightly moving don't they on this.

Also find it odd that Wasps would want to come and play here when nearly all their fans say they won't come and watch. You also have to remember how much further away we are talking here compared to us and Northampton.

Seems to me that they would have to build a up a complete new fan base.

Rusty Trombone

if you don't mind being second best in your own ground to a rugby team then yes your right, it's great news, let's get the champagne out

Its not great news, it's not harmful, it would be business as usual. We will have an agreement to play, and we will play. We have to accept that if the club is not prepared to pay for exclusivity then we won't get it.

We are second best to gaming conventions at the moment.

quinn1971

Its not great news, it's not harmful, it would be business as usual. We will have an agreement to play, and we will play. We have to accept that if the club is not prepared to pay for exclusivity then we won't get it.

We are second best to gaming conventions at the moment.

guess it cant be any worse than being second best to northampton, pitch will be in great shape with the egg chasers ripping it up , maybe with wasps playing there the 20,000 missing fans from the gillingham game might turn up again, your right it is good news

Otis

guess it cant be any worse than being second best to northampton, pitch will be in great shape with the egg chasers ripping it up , maybe with wasps playing there the 20,000 missing fans from the gillingham game might turn up again, your right it is good news 

But don't Swansea and Ospreys share a stadium, with Swansea being able to play lovely, flowing football? Is their pitch 'ripped up?'

It looks like it won't be good news for us, this deal, but what I think he is just saying is it will be business as normal.

I don't want Wasps here, but if it means we stay at the Ricoh rather than play ay Sixfields, I will take that every single day of the week.

RoboCCFC90

I would love to be at the protest and will do my best to get there work permitting, will be sure of it later today!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dongonzalos

That doesn't make it right of course, I'm not saying that. As politicians, if CCC think this deal benefits Coventry they will vote yes.

Would also hasten to add, if the deal proposed vote did happened to be leaked out in all its full glory and the deal appeared to favour Coventry City and us as Sky Blues fans were asked to vote on the proposal, I would estimate a very large majority in favour of the deal.

Again, not saying that would be right and proper of course and I am sure many would vote yes with a heavy heart and with thoughts and sympathies towards Wasps fans, but the vote would be yes if it favoured the City.

That's just the way it is and fans are quite tribal and dare I say, selfish.

Same when you get people calling for more prisons to be built ...... as long as it isn't on their soil. They will nearly always put themselves first.

With the Sixfields thing we were all unanimous on not wanting our club removed from its home. If this deal now favoured the City then it would be a different matter entirely, for if people believed it to benefit the Sky Blues they would on the whole support it.

Going to Northampton was something we didn't at all want, a deal that somehow secured our future at the Rioch, nearly everyone does want. That's why you have to be very careful about protesting.
It's the world we live in sadly.

The facts of life
Like I say you can't blame Northampton because the FL allowed our owners to do something crazy. That financially was good for them.
Same here with ACL

Grendel

The facts of life
Like I say you can't blame Northampton because the FL allowed our owners to do something crazy. That financially was good for them.
Same here with ACL

Likewise anyone who does not object to the move cannot ever complain if our club is moved 100 miles away or more.

Of course you can blame ACL (ultimately the council - it's them voting on it) as consideration of community and sport in the local area is part of their obligations. To suggest otherwise is nonsense.

Otis

It increases the likelihood of us disappearing somewhere else in the future.

It may well do, NW, it may well do.

I'm sure the fact we are now home is guiding people's thoughts too. I think most people will accept any security, however short term that may be.

Most fans do not want a new stadium, they want us at the Ricoh. If we got a 10 year deal at the Ricoh people would take that.

Not saying it's right, not saying it's wrong, just saying that's the way it will be.

Otis

It may well do, NW, it may well do.

I'm sure the fact we are now home is guiding people's thoughts too. I think most people will accept any security, however short term that may be.

Most fans do not want a new stadium, they want us at the Ricoh. If we got a 10 year deal at the Ricoh people would take that.

Not saying it's right, not saying it's wrong, just saying that's the way it will be.

I would also just add, that people would accept say a 10 year deal here, because the other option as it stands is for CCFC to move out in 4 years time and we all pretty much agree that there will be no new stadium, so we would have to go off and ground share anyway.

All this of course is based on our owners own words. They say 'new stadium,' we don't believe it.

Users who are viewing this thread