Protest Tuesday (3 Viewers)

Otis

I really don't think we need to pander to those few who think this might be a good idea. For the good of two famous old sporting clubs it has to be no, and it has to be a no now.

I know you are very diplomatic by nature Otis, but sometimes people are just plain wrong and they have to be told.

I am just saying we need everyone onboard just for tomorrow, just for this one day. Some seem in favour of the deal. Just getting a postponement will give the time for all the sides to get together. Fisher sounded a bit desperate tonight.

I am not saying don't tell them to say no Ferret, I am just saying just not tomorrow. Just get everyone singing from exactly the same hymnsheet.

It's a one off tomorrow. Just get everyone to take a step back and have a re-think. Even for those in favour it wouldn't cause any grief to just ask for a postponement.

I think if there is a vote tomorrow it will be a yes, so best thing to do is to get the vote suspended.

NorthernWisdom

I think if there is a vote tomorrow it will be a yes, so best thing to do is to get the vote suspended.

tbgh, even if it was a yes... it'd show the consideration the custodians of our city *really* had for it.

Might be no bad thing to see if they're built of sterner principles than a hedge fund or cut from the same cloth...

Otis

I'll happily turn up at the council house tomorrow to lobby local councillors.

Hope others feel the same way.

Joy said 'won't interfere' but it didn't come across from Fisher's body language tonight from what he said.

dongonzalos

I'll happily turn up at the council house tomorrow to lobby local councillors.

Hope others feel the same way.

Joy said 'won't interfere' but it didn't come across from Fisher's body language tonight from what he said.

Would feel a lot stronger about it, if I knew for certain our owners were serious about buying ACL and were getting forced out the picture. Which they are not telling us that, that is the case.

Last edited:

Otis

Would feel a lot stronger about it, if I knew for certain our owners were serious about buying ACL and were getting forced out the picture. Which they are not telling us that, that is the case.

So in that case a postponement would be the way forwards.

Put it this way, does the vote have to be tomorrow? Surely it can wait 7 days or a couple of weeks.

Whether people are for the buyout, against the buyout, or not sure, the one thing we could unite and agree on would be that it would do no harm to have the vote postponed for a few days.

letsallsingtogether

So Ladies and gents 1.00 meet tomorrow outside the council house bring your brollie just in case......

dongonzalos

So in that case a postponement would be the way forwards.

Put it this way, does the vote have to be tomorrow? Surely it can wait 7 days or a couple of weeks.

Whether people are for the buyout, against the buyout, or not sure, the one thing we could unite and agree on would be that it would do no harm to have the vote postponed for a few days.

I would agree with that if SISU had come out and said.
We are outraged that we are not to be included and be given the opportunity to make a counter bid.
They just said doesn't bother us we are building a new stadium.
The council have no choice if they turn down this opportunity and SISU are genuine. The council will get ripped to shreds.
Regarding the whole franchise element when Wasp's fans protest group come up to the Ricoh they have my full support, is that in the horizon?

letsallsingtogether

Good because I am doing it in my own name.....
Just want to know what is happening?
First they get rid of our swimming Club by closing down the baths now they are after our Football and Rugby clubs who are next The blaze and the bees. Most cuncils are pushing sport to the fore our are pushing it out.
Totally ashamed of any City fan who does this - you are not protesting this in my name.

NorthernWisdom

Good because I am doing it in my own name.....
Just want to know what is happening?
First they get rid of our swimming Club by closing down the baths now they are after our Football and Rugby clubs who are next The blaze and the bees. Most cuncils are pushing sport to the fore our are pushing it out.

It's the type of film Lars Von Trier would make.

Without the sex:facepalm:

Users who are viewing this thread