Proposed press release (1 Viewer)

Jcap

I’m definitely in. Also like the idea of a statement distancing ourselves from the Trust.

ohitsaidwalker king power

I'm less regular in terms of posting these days....so unclear on my legitimacy, apologies I'm somewhat lost in the tragedy of it all, but am happy to support any legal, well considered attempt to bring our club back to our city...where we all belong.

Fergusons_Beard

Definitely in.

Really pleased the more sane voices on this excellent forum will be representing my view.

Really pleased that we may be able to have alternative, creditable, fan opinion in the ongoing City debate.

NOPM, The Trust, The PBS Group have had their turn & made a complete mess of it.

Now it’s our turn!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OffenhamSkyBlue

Definitely in.

Really pleased the more sane voices on this excellent forum will be representing my view.

Really pleased that we may be able to have alternative, creditable, fan opinion in the ongoing City debate.

NOPM, The Trust, The PBS Group have had their turn & made a complete mess of it.

Now it’s our turn!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Hopefully NOT to make a complete mess of it!

Reactions: TTG

Flying Fokker

Why don’t you put a poll together. Give it a single choice (if you need 2 then use a slightly different word but the same choice). The outcome being that only people who agree with a joint statement will contribute.

Grendel

Grendel

I would if possible try and tag a poll asking to support the measure on a match thread if that’s possible

There are consistently around 400 sign ins to those threads. Therefore you have a much higher response chance.

Even on a cleansed data base (which this definitely is not) you would hope to get a 5% response rate on targeted campaigns as a maximum. I would hope that on a match thread poll you’d get a very high proportion of those views responding.

People have to understand that there are some real potential pitfalls to this. It needs a reasonable response and the forum has to be sold as a credible voice which it hasn’t before.

By offering the poll to online subscribers it is instantly more democratic than the trust as it does in theory allow everyone with an account to have an opinion.

I would say the primary objective is kind of overlooked here, it needs to be to position the forum and it’s members as a credible voice in the media and that it’s opinions are representative of a significant element of the fan base.

No one has heard of this forum as it has no media attention. 90% of fans belong to no group. So they need to recognise it as credible the same as many sadly do with the trust and even more tragically the PSB group

What it needs is that ultimately it can communicate a message on issues and tbe media acknowledge and include them in discussions

Once it becomes a credible voice the message becomes accepted as a consideration. That’s why there’s no need to consider views if we oppose them.

Once that’s achieved other possibilities open up

Grendel

Would we have to clean up a lot of the arguments and casual swearing and dodgy opinions if this place did get media attention?
Like you see when some dork on love island gets found out on twitter from back in 2011.

Asking for a friend.

It’s a good point.

I have thought if I put myself into some position to be elected on a trust board have I said anything dodgy on social media.

Had a look - I think I’m ok.

hill83

It’s a good point.

I have thought if I put myself into some position to be elected on a trust board have I said anything dodgy on social media.

Had a look - I think I’m ok.

Pretty sure I'd be ok opinion wise, I'm a lovely chap, but I do like saying c**t now and again you c**t.

hill83

Happy to put my real name to it. Should the point be made that Coventry council should be the ones to indemnify Wasps if anyone?

"CCFC forum want Coventry taxpayers to pay for Joys new handbag while students get away with it again, you won't believe what happened next"

Reactions: TTG

Grendel

Pretty sure I'd be ok opinion wise, I'm a lovely chap, but I do like saying c**t now and again you c**t.

To be honest unless people have made racist homophobic abuse etc it is not too much of an issue as it would in a normal environment as football forums have swearing

If it was ever raised say to me there is plenty that can be dished out the other way.

Neil doesn’t swear but he’s an oaf who makes laughable tweets that can embarrass him

Johnson has so much baggage. He hasn’t even took his dumb site the JHW down and has called Robins a puppet for Joy

Brown was seemingly a supporter of the EDL and his colleagues stood by him

Ellis is a shocking example and his friends at the trust closed ranks

Even Linnell hasn’t blocked the stupid parody accounts

So yeah someone could say to me a lot of things I’ve said that don’t look clever but I’ve not been hauled to a parliamentary select committee in a sex abuse scandal which oddly was never covered by the local media given the Coventry connection.

shmmeee

Would we have to clean up a lot of the arguments and casual swearing and dodgy opinions if this place did get media attention?
Like you see when some dork on love island gets found out on twitter from back in 2011.

Asking for a friend.

Nah. I doubt anyone cares. Maybe Pete as he seems to be spokesman, but he’s pretty chill anyway. MMJ was fine with his fund raiser.

PurpleBin

I'd really like to see a reasonable Q&A set up with Tim Fisher again. The last one I saw like this at the Albany was utter carnage. Badly organised and quite rightly, Tim was getting more and more irritated by the lack of structure and moronic shouting. Fair enough, hes not a popular figure but having a properly done Q&A which is self policed when people start shouting nonsense would be brilliant.

Questions submitted to the group. Then pitched to Tim properly.
No questions about some tickets or whatever it was that went missing in Wales.
No moronic shouting but if there is then it's policed by the other members.

If we could get a regular, respectable dialogue with Tim and/or other board members we'd be half way there already.

chiefdave

For all his faults Fisher does always seem prepared to face up and talk to supporters. Think you're absolutely right, submitting questions in advance and having it run properly would make a huge difference. Stops ridiculous questions about stupid stuff like badges.

What's the chap who used to do breakfasts on CWR up to? Get him in to do the questioning, he wouldn't let Fisher off the hook.

shmmeee

Can’t one of us do the questions? I’ve got no faith in anyone in the media to know what they’re on about. Follow up questions are so important.

PurpleBin

For all his faults Fisher does always seem prepared to face up and talk to supporters. Think you're absolutely right, submitting questions in advance and having it run properly would make a huge difference. Stops ridiculous questions about stupid stuff like badges.

What's the chap who used to do breakfasts on CWR up to? Get him in to do the questioning, he wouldn't let Fisher off the hook.

Badges that was it...I couldn't believe what I was hearing!

That's what I mean. I honestly believe Tim would meet us using some sort of structure as above and questions pre-vetted by the group. Could we have a sub forum here for people who wanted to be involved with the group?

Also, does it have to be "This group is the forum" Can't it be "they are a like minded group of City fans who openly engage with each other on the forum" That may get rid of any of the negativity that people might throw at the forum as others mentioned?

PurpleBin

Can’t one of us do the questions? I’ve got no faith in anyone in the media to know what they’re on about. Follow up questions are so important.

Absolutely. Important it's not someone who will just take whatever without probing further but also needs to be someone who won't act up and become confrontational....! If the group can get a relationship with him and Boddy for example then we'd be well on our way.

shmmeee

Absolutely. Important it's not someone who will just take whatever without probing further but also needs to be someone who won't act up and become confrontational....! If the group can get a relationship with him and Boddy for example then we'd be well on our way.

Totally. Too much aggression and snark on all sides. Needs someone who is polite and asks questions in a friendly manner but still knows what questions to ask. Even a non answer still tells us something with the right question.

shmmeee

Just brainstorming other ideas of people we can talk to. Wasps are probably the hardest to get to. Councillors have surgeries we can attend, I think public meetings as well you can ask questions? Also political opponents usually keen to show they’re better than the incumbent.

CWR have the phone in obviously as well, I think the CT sometimes do fan questions don’t they? Sure I’ve seen a live chat thing before. Or just post here and wait for them to nick it ;)

Any other forums we can get questions to people?

Grendel

A Q and A session with Fisher is utterly pointless - forget it

Users who are viewing this thread