Proposed press release (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

Shmmee is my paragraph trashing them or ok?

Honestly I’d either leave it out or justify your complaints. Just saying “they’re biased and they don’t represent us” isn’t very weighty.

But it’s your rodeo, if that’s the feeling of the group I’ll still put my name to it.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

There’s some safety in numbers so I think it’s all or nothing

I mainly put them there to say wow look how many. I have a gramma guy polishing it up and thank you for your comments

305 people have viewed this thread so a number of people have not chosen to say they agree so that’s interesting
To be honest if the trust can quote 2700 members this can use 7500

Sky Blue Pete

Honestly I’d either leave it out or justify your complaints. Just saying “they’re biased and they don’t represent us” isn’t very weighty.

But it’s your rodeo, if that’s the feeling of the group I’ll still put my name to it.
See I really like that shmmee thank you.

So do you mean not referring to the indemnity clause suggests they have bias for instance??

shmmeee

See I really like that shmmee thank you.

So do you mean not referring to the indemnity clause suggests they have bias for instance??

Yeah just something that adds weight to it and doesn’t come across as just whining and can be written off as “whiny SBT just hate the Trust”.

Maybe something about how they’ve burned bridges with the club and can’t claim to have spoken to all sides.

I’m the wrong person to say this because it’s not my complaint. Just trying to critique.

edit: I’d also be careful about trashing a group then trying to engage with them and get on the board as has been suggested. Just seems muddled tactically.

Sky Blue Pete

Yeah just something that adds weight to it and doesn’t come across as just whining and can be written off as “whiny SBT just hate the Trust”.

Maybe something about how they’ve burned bridges with the club and can’t claim to have spoken to all sides.

I’m the wrong person to say this because it’s not my complaint. Just trying to critique.
Yep ok

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Can you possibly word it that whilst their work against SISU is commendable, and carried out in public - their alleged meetings with Wasps are kept secret.

they’ve alienated a huge number of fans due to complete lack of acknowledgement of the indemnity clause that is seen as the sticking point in a deal.

call on them to engage with the fans, and set out their plan, and why they won’t acknowledge the clause

Grendel

We don’t need any names it then looks like a weird petition and not a formal group

shmmeee

Can you possibly word it that whilst their work against SISU is commendable, and carried out in public - their alleged meetings with Wasps are kept secret.

they’ve alienated a huge number of fans due to complete lack of acknowledgement of the indemnity clause that is seen as the sticking point in a deal.

call on them to engage with the fans, and set out their plan, and why they won’t acknowledge the clause

See that’s much better. Specific and asking for action rather than just calling them names.

Sky Blue Pete

My own thought is it’s gone too far and joy tim and the club are never going to listen to them but I may be wrong I often am

edit: I’d also be careful about trashing a group then trying to engage with them and get on the board as has been suggested. Just seems muddled tactically.

Grendel

My own thought is it’s gone too far and joy tim and the club are never going to listen to them but I may be wrong I often am

They are never going to listen to them and the nonsense around the EFL makes it worse

jordan210

Yep, although it may be useful to keep a list of usernames to return with, if someone tries to play the numbers down.

Maybe its worth a post/thread from Pete and its literally like/post to put your name to it the letter.

If not. put my name down :)

OldBedrocker

Please add my name too.
One quick note: the part about SISU dropping legal action over the sale should it not say “all action against WASPS” rather than all action as that was the commitment?

TTG

We most certainly need a number of people saying they agree, so it shows, oh shit all co v fans don't think like the trust and this is what we want. I think anything below 1000 there isn't any point

SlowerThanPlatt

We most certainly need a number of people saying they agree, so it shows, oh shit all co v fans don't think like the trust and this is what we want. I think anything below 1000 there isn't any point

Perhaps you can send it to your mate on the board once it’s published

Reactions: TTG

mmttww

In case they've not been mentioned in here already, you'd do as well to send this to:

The Athletic
Tifo Football
Copa 90
The Blizzard

as well as local and national media sources already mentioned. Better standard of journalism.

TTG

In case they've not been mentioned in here already, you'd do as well to send this to:

The Athletic
Tifo Football
Copa 90
The Blizzard

as well as local and national media sources already mentioned. Better standard of journalism.
For any tifo football watchers:

this post originally appeared on the athletic.

mmttww

Also, a press release will normally have a 'Note for Editors' section at the end which sets out key data e.g. size of organisation, number of customers etc. A section at the end of this that lists no. of registered users, unique visitors per month etc. would probably be as valuable as listing individual names. It's not a petition - it's a statement. If the statement is posted on here, folks have a chance to make suggestions and you can demonstrate you've got the support of a decent number of posters, you've probably done more than most other organisations that have stuck their oar in on the subject!

Sky Blue Pete

The Athletic
Tifo Football
Copa 90
The Blizzard

What are they?

Sky Blue Pete

Also, a press release will normally have a 'Note for Editors' section at the end which sets out key data e.g. size of organisation, number of customers etc. A section at the end of this that lists no. of registered users, unique visitors per month etc. would probably be as valuable as listing individual names. It's not a petition - it's a statement. If the statement is posted on here, folks have a chance to make suggestions and you can demonstrate you've got the support of a decent number of posters, you've probably done more than most other organisations that have stuck their oar in on the subject!
They’ll be a survey very very soon

PurpleBin

Press release on behalf of the Sky Blues Talk on line forum. A forum of 7500 members of which xxxxxxx responded to a members survey and xxxxxxx% confirmed they fully support the statement made on their behalf

We, the representatives of Sky Blues Talk, the oldest and one of the largest online Coventry City FC fan communities, would like to express our disappointment and frustration with all parties involved with Coventry City playing outside of the city that bears their name.

We call upon Wasps RFC to drop any requests the club, or its owners, indemnify them against costs and losses incurred in the state aid case currently being considered by the European Commission. Should the commission decide the Ricoh sale was unlawful this will have been through no fault of CCFC and the size of any likely financial settlement would in reality bankrupt the club we all love so much.

Equally, we call upon Sisu as owners of CCFC to recommit to halting all legal action surrounding the sale of the Ricoh as agreed prior to talks regarding playing home games at the Ricoh for the 19-20 season. The continued legal action is a roadblock to repairing the relationships required to find CCFC a home in Coventry, both temporarily at the Ricoh and if needed in any new stadium which will require support of the city

We need to be back playing our home games in Coventry. Staying away is playing Russian roulette with our future and our existence

We acknowledge that our fan base have different opinions on whether to travel to St Andrews this season and hold no grudge against any fan attending or not attending.

We would like to praise Mark Robins and the squad for continuing the hard job of rebuilding the playing side of the club and turning us into an attractive winning developing team deserving of far more match day support than has happened in Birmingham.

Finally, we plead with the media to help pursue a resolution to the current impasse, enabling us to move back to Coventry without delay

Pusb

Sky Blue Pete on behalf of the Sky Blues Talk Online Community

Nick
Shmmee
Grendel
Torchomatic
Rob9872
stay_up_skyblues
ajsccfc
Liquid Gold
chiefdave
usskyblue
NorthernWisdom
SkyBlueCRJ
Dean1961
hill83
Briles
Pete In Portugal
Saddlebrains
King of the Lesbians
fiftyphead
eastwoodsdustman
Gynnsthetonic
edgy
ccfcfollower
SkyBlueDom26
Macca1987
mr_monkey
The coventrian
ccfcmad1
Cranfield Sky Blue
Bertola
AVWskyblue
GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee
Monners
Snouty72
robbiekeane
MusicDating
bradwellskyblues
Paul Anthony
Skyblueweeman
Irish Sky Blue
SBbucks
RegTheDonk
fernandopartridge
SkyBlueCharlie9
B-Ban-Boogie
MTK
covmark
Otis
robbiethemole
Warwickhunt
HuckerbyDublinWhelan
CCFC72
GaryJones
PurpleBin
Colin Steins Smile
Jcap
OffenhamSkyBlue
ohitsaidwalker king power
Fergusons_Beard
theferret
Flying Fokker
riyadhskyblue
stupot07
Skybluefaz
ccfctommy
COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

I'm in. Great work Pete. Thank you.

Liquid Gold

I really think their needs to be a line showing dissatisfaction with how the trust has gone about things, let's be honest the reason this has come about is because they haven't done their job.

Also is this the oldest fan forum? GMK older but not around, what about Kev Monks' place?

I think the usernames need to be dropped, it should either be a unified statement or real names. The usernames look silly. I'd sign off as 'The Sky Blues Talk Community' or something of that nature.

olderskyblue

Add my name to it

Users who are viewing this thread