Priority is a new keeper (1 Viewer)

AFCCOVENTRY

Another mistake today from Wilson and Marosi has been very poor this season. Wilson has been the better of the 2 and he’s done better than I thought he would. They’re both L1 keepers and we need a solid number 1 so we don’t give away silly points next season.

Evo1883

We do need a new keeper ..no pressure on Wilson there either today

cov donkey kick

We need a championship standard keeper sell one of Wilson ,marosi ,think Stockdale for a season would be the awnser and not heavy on budget.

fatso

Ideally 2 new keepers would be nice.
I doubt it would happen though.
It's time for sisu to step up and back MR, we need to revamp the squad, but if it happens, the play offs are a real possibility.

AOM

Sounds like Robins was hinting on looking for a new keeper over the summer just now on CWR

PVA

I really don't know how Wilson is staying in ahead of Marosi. He's made at least double the amount of errors. Ultimately neither are probably good enough. Should go for the L1 GK of the season as our number 1 next year.

Because Wilson has one of the best save % in the league and Marosi has one of the worst.

Both have been poor.

I said in the summer we needed a new keeper and got pelters for saying Marosi wouldn't be good enough at this level. There were bigger priorities in the summer, but not this year, we'll definitely have a new no1 next season.

D

Deleted member 11652

Because Wilson has one of the best save % in the league and Marosi has one of the worst.

Both have been poor.

I said in the summer we needed a new keeper and got pelters for saying Marosi wouldn't be good enough at this level. There were bigger priorities in the summer, but not this year, we'll definitely have a new no1 next season.

Your track record with keepers isn’t the best mate

TomS91

Both have been poor.

I'll take you word on that. Marosi doesn't gift nearly as many goals though. I know who I'd rather have in goal.

pusbccfc

We don't need two new keepers. Wilson is a number 2 for a reason.

It's very rare keepers are out for a long stint. We need one experienced keeper and then Wilson can sit on the bench for the season.

chiefdave

Problem is they're both under contract aren't they?

Wonder what Marosi's wages are? if he hasn't had too much of a bump in the Championship we might get a L1 side who are interested in him.

Wilson we might be stuck with but not the end of the world if he's a backup that isn't called upon.

PVA

I'll take you word on that. Marosi doesn't gift nearly as many goals though. I know who I'd rather have in goal.

Wilson has something like 6th best save % in the league and Marosi 2nd or 3rd worst (last time I checked anyway).

It's not a particularly great stat, but the difference between the two is stark.

They've both made lots of errors, but Wilson is making more saves.

Evo1883

Wilson has something like 6th best save % in the league and Marosi 2nd or 3rd worst (last time I checked anyway).

It's not a particularly great stat, but the difference between the two is stark.

They've both made lots of errors, but Wilson is making more saves.

Stats don't really tell the full picture do they to be honest, especially with keepers

The way which we concede varies goal to goal ..the chance of a keeper saving it also varies and we faced alot of shots early in the season , we had a rough start as we tried to play expansive football

PVA

Your track record with keepers isn’t the best mate

Everyone: Burge is conference level, worst keeper ever
Me: he's not that bad. Fine at this level (league one)
Burge: starting keeper for team 3rd in League One
You: hahah you got that one wrong

Pretty weak argument you've got there

Also you really need to let your obsession with Burge go. Move on. Everyone else has.

D

Deleted member 11652

Everyone: Burge is conference level, worst keeper ever
Me: he's not that bad. Fine at this level (league one)
Burge: starting keeper for team 3rd in League One
You: hahah you got that one wrong

Good one mate.

Also you really need to let your obsession with Burge go. Move on. Everyone else has.

I liked Burge thought he was alright. Miles ahead of Wilson

Users who are viewing this thread