Match Thread Preston (4 Viewers)

Johnnythespider

I'm in an optimistic mood tonight, 2-1 Godden first half and Hamer to chip the keeper from the half way line second half, like the look of their stadium, if cloud cuckoo land ever gets built i wouldn't mind it being a copy.

Frostie

Interestingly looks like they've changed shape to match us although more of a 3-5-2.

Think that might help us actually.

Evo1883

See Robins has pandered to the “why is Giles not playing” because he canny fooking defend
Yea, Robins came on here and Facebook and took it to heart
giphy.gif

Great_Expectations

Glad Giles is starting he’s one of the few attacking outlets we have, which is especially needed if we start defensive mode as we have recently.

Confident we get something from this, and I hope we get ourselves out of first gear and cause them some issues. Even if we revert to sitting deep, as long as it’s with a clear intent to counter, and that’s carried out effectively that’s fine. Just sitting deep and hoping for the best isnt. Especially if we revert to long ball and expect Godden to hold it out.

Godden looked surprisingly sharp last game, at least in terms of moving defenders around, so hopefully he gets support from COH and Allen and they exploit that.

If it isn’t going as planned I’d like to revert to two up from again; Biamou and Godden can work well together.

Optimistic 2-1, Godden, Ostigard.

harvey098

See Robins has pandered to the “why is Giles not playing” because he canny fooking defend

He's actually been really good defensively IMO. Think this is one of those fallacy's where people think it has to be an either / or whether a player is good defensively or going forward.

If anything he's a much more one dimensional dribbler than McCallum but his speed allows it to be effective.

Nick

Administrator
Cwr with facts that contradict each other early doors

Coventry have never won here.

They last won here 3-1.

Esoterica

Giles needs to attack the box more tonight, his crosses would have to be out of this world with Godden, O'Hare and Allen to aim at.

Covkid1968#

Come on you Sky Blues..... let’s get rid of this PNE monkey off our back.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

First time in about four games I've not sugested swapping McCallum for Giles because we'd need mccallum's defensive capabilities more so as was to be expected this is the game MR does it.

Why not use the more attacking player in games against sides that seem slightly weaker? Can see us being under a b it of pressure for spells tonight.

Still going for a Preston win - it's Preston, it's away and the weather's shit. On a side note, why do I always associate games at Deepdale with terrible weather?

Users who are viewing this thread