Match Thread Preston (3 Viewers)

Sky Blue Harry H

Going to watch the 'appetiser' Blues v Derby (draw or Blues win, with a few injuries/red cards please), Pitch condition will be interesting!!

Cov kid 55

Can we have a match like this again please

But with a goal like this

I went mental when that goal went in (and that’s very unusual for me!) Preston we’re horrible that day, they were winning 1-0 and the time wasting was appalling, ball boys, the crowd, their Manager was Simon Grayson, says it all. He’s managing Kendal Town now. We really deserved that draw. The next season, we were losing by one goal again, and John Fleck hit the bar in the last minute with a 30 yard screamer. Never seen us win there.

SkyblueTexan

Derby are 2-0 up on Birmingham. If we can beat Preston we could move 2 places up.

Brighton Sky Blue

Big up all, Nob ender in peace.

looking for us like a tough game tonight for us. If you sit back onus then we’ll huff and puff and struggle to break you down. If you come at us, we’ll win.
Been frustrating for us at Home since Jan this year, so will be watching through me fingers most of the game.
Good luck for the season. But not tonight 😬

@Barnsley do you want us to start a War of the Roses thread?

SkyblueTexan

3-0 to Derby now and just like that we’ve moved above Birmingham on goal difference.

Mcbean

Are we still convinced we are going ahead - the wife has mentioned getting ifollow - its her account

Brighton Sky Blue

I went mental when that goal went in (and that’s very unusual for me!) Preston we’re horrible that day, they were winning 1-0 and the time wasting was appalling, ball boys, the crowd, their Manager was Simon Grayson, says it all. He’s managing Kendal Town now. We really deserved that draw. The next season, we were losing by one goal again, and John Fleck hit the bar in the last minute with a 30 yard screamer. Never seen us win there.

Never won there in the league, only twice ever, once in a 1910 FA Cup tie (!) and the other more recently (a mere 20 years ago) in the League Cup

BornSlippySkyBlue

I have to say that I really look forward to all of our matches. Ifollow is nowhere near as good as being there but it still allows me to watch my team. In normal circumstances I would be at Deepdale tonight and would have spent £65-70 on diesel and tickets. The £10 for Ifollow then is a big saving. Now I'm in the lucky position of being able to afford the £10 without having to worry and I know others won't be that fortunate. However, if you are a City fan who can comfortably afford the fee, I don't know why you would choose not to watch. Some of the games haven't been great (Luton, Blues in particular). Even in these games I am on the edge of my seat, heart thumping, willing us to score or at least not concede. A neutral watching some of our games could quite rightly say they were lacking in quality. If you are committed, I think this gets over looked.
I think most of our games this season have been entertaining. Even the goal less games against Huddersfield and Stoke had some good football on offer. I just think that it has not been as cheap for a long time to watch our team live and it has never been so easy so why complain?
Spot on, can’t imagine not watching a City match if possible, and even the shit ones are better than anything else on the TV. It’s not like there’s much else to do at the moment, watching the footy has been one of the few things I actually look forward to at the moment.

Brighton Sky Blue

Spot on, can’t imagine not watching a City match if possible, and even the shit ones are better than anything else on the TV. It’s not like there’s much else to do at the moment, watching the footy has been one of the few things I actually look forward to at the moment.

Yep likewise will be pretty miserable as and when they go into a COVID-induced break

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I have to say that I really look forward to all of our matches. Ifollow is nowhere near as good as being there but it still allows me to watch my team. In normal circumstances I would be at Deepdale tonight and would have spent £65-70 on diesel and tickets. The £10 for Ifollow then is a big saving. Now I'm in the lucky position of being able to afford the £10 without having to worry and I know others won't be that fortunate. However, if you are a City fan who can comfortably afford the fee, I don't know why you would choose not to watch. Some of the games haven't been great (Luton, Blues in particular). Even in these games I am on the edge of my seat, heart thumping, willing us to score or at least not concede. A neutral watching some of our games could quite rightly say they were lacking in quality. If you are committed, I think this gets over looked.
I think most of our games this season have been entertaining. Even the goal less games against Huddersfield and Stoke had some good football on offer. I just think that it has not been as cheap for a long time to watch our team live and it has never been so easy so why complain?

I would pay £10 just to listen to Clive for an hour and a half.

AFCCOVENTRY

Derby showing if you play attacking football you can win games against teams down the bottom of the table. Robins needs to be more adventurous if we are going to win games.

Esoterica

Preston's overall home form has been poor but they've beaten Middlesbrough and Bristol City without conceding in their last 2 matches:
1609266214646.png

Not a lot going on goalwise in the first half at home for them, Scored 3 conceded 3 in 10 games:
1609266306625.png

Their Home half time scores:
1609266372486.png
vs our away HT scores:
1609266428374.png

All points to another turgid draw, so I'm going for 4-2, Godden Hattrick (2 pens) and an O'Hare lob.

Users who are viewing this thread