Match Thread Preston (1 Viewer)

clint van damme

Not sure how, we seem to have collected freak injuries for the most part. Though Walker’s does look like it came from being overplayed

Walker had Covid. I think people are underplaying the potential affect of that.

Nick

Administrator
Not sure how, we seem to have collected freak injuries for the most part. Though Walker’s does look like it came from being overplayed

As I put in the other thread, we aren't really managing players and match fitness are we?

Look at Da Costa.

The options seem to be sit on the bench and get 5 minutes at the end of a game or nothing for some players.

Cov kid 55

I think Walker has shown enough that when fit he will score goals, but only if we create chances. I don’t think he plays the lone striker role that well, and if we can get them both fit at the same time, it will be interesting to see how he and Godden can play together. I think we’ll struggle for goals until that happens.

Brighton Sky Blue

As I put in the other thread, we aren't really managing players and match fitness are we?

Look at Da Costa.

The options seem to be sit on the bench and get 5 minutes at the end of a game or nothing for some players.

Giles was left out for a month and now looks lacking in match fitness as well

SBT

Walker had Covid. I think people are underplaying the potential affect of that.

It never got mentioned as something that affected his game. Think it makes more sense that he just got knackered from having no proper backup. (Although did Shipley have it too?! His fitness issues are bizarre atm)

Anyway, ‘sack the physio’ is an....interesting strategy. Not sure that’s really how sports science works but maybe there’s some experts on here.

cc84cov

It never got mentioned as something that affected his game. Think it makes more sense that he just got knackered from having no proper backup. (Although did Shipley have it too?! His fitness issues are bizarre atm)

Anyway, ‘sack the physio’ is an....interesting strategy. Not sure that’s really how sports science works but maybe there’s some experts on here.
Itdoesn’t need to be mentioned it’s that obvious mate

SBT

Itdoesn’t need to be mentioned it’s that obvious mate

Unless he was asymptomatic, in which case it wouldn’t have made any impact at all.

Managers usually mention when players are playing through an injury, don’t they?

Macca

Godden is clearly not fit and unfortunately he's not good enough and this level to perform when he's not at his peak.
Wouldn't surprise me if he starts on the bench against Milwall.

I think that’s the biggest concern in that we are resting our hopes on a player albeit decent that just about makes Championship grade

Users who are viewing this thread