Preston demanding embargo (1 Viewer)

cc84cov

On all clubs who have cut paying players during the virus ? Wtf their demanding it and naming us in it cov live reporting.

Sorry if I’m late to the party on this not been on here much over past couple days.

Warwickhunt

I think PNE are not covered in roses? May have to go back a few years but i think they did something similar to get through a tough patch! I wil hunt to find it if I can.

steveo1987

Alex Neil didn’t name us the Cov Telegraph have worded it like that to whip up some anger
No surprise..Any negative CCFC news and Turner is all over it.Take a look at the thread on the other sports wasps forum and there's not a thing about the rugby PL and how desperate clubs are right now.Suggesting a PL rugby club could go out of business.Where's Bobby Bridge? Only does good news unlike Turner.

letsallsingtogether

No surprise..Any negative CCFC news and Turner is all over it.Take a look at the thread on the other sports wasps forum and there's not a thing about the rugby PL and how desperate clubs are right now.Suggesting a PL rugby club could go out of business.Where's Bobby Bridge? Only does good news unlike Turner.
What good news is there unless We get the chance of being promoted the whole fucking season was a complete waste of money for everyone.
Name me one good / positive thing.

SlowerThanPlatt

What good news is there unless We get the chance of being promoted the whole fucking season was a complete waste of money for everyone.

The point is that the article is published to mislead. Alex Neil has not demanded Coventry should be given a transfer embargo, in fact he said it a week before our players wages were deferred so it’s nothing to do with us at all

steveo1987

Bobby Bridge only does good news Wasps articles like the one with what Wasps were doing in the community in the lockdown. I had to run to the loo to vomit after reading it.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

The point is that the article is published to mislead. Alex Neil has not demanded Coventry should be given a transfer embargo, in fact he said it a week before our players wages were deferred so it’s nothing to do with us at all

Not really on top of this story but do you not think he's referring to clubs that have taken on the furlough scheme? After all our players have voluntarily DEFERRED their wages, not cut them. They will be due the balance in the future.

chiefdave

There's a simple test here. How many other local papers of EFL clubs have run articles saying Preston demand that club be placed in embargo?

chiefdave

Just read the original article, he's not even talking about L1 / L2, he's specifically talking about the Championship.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Why are people still reading that site?

It's part of the 'live' network and is largely full of shit.

'We've seen another stabbing.' (In Nottingham)

'New funfair arrives just down the road from Coventry.' (120 minute drive to London)

'PNE chairman demands sanctions for CCFC/MCFC/LTFC/LUFC etc etc delete as appropriate and fill the article for that local area.

Seeing the pattern?

It's why so much fake news is allowed to exist in the world. The level of gullible around really is amazing.

chiefdave

Why are people still reading that site?
Does the Telegraph actually employ any local news reporters anymore? Even the trainees seem to have disappeared. They always used to be pushing their stories on social media as the owners used to track the clicks they'd generated. Suspect they're running multiple papers form a central location now.

Nick

Administrator
Does the Telegraph actually employ any local news reporters anymore? Even the trainees seem to have disappeared. They always used to be pushing their stories on social media as the owners used to track the clicks they'd generated. Suspect they're running multiple papers form a central location now.
To be fair, ben who does the crime is decent!

AStonesThrow

To be fair, ben who does the crime is decent!
I know Ben, he married a lifelong friend of the family. Really nice guy on a personal level and imo the only decent journo working for the Telegraph. The amount of clickbait, rehashed stories, stories that have nothing to do with Coventry or the surrounding area, spelling mistakes and juvenile reporting styles is just abhorrent and I think we could run a better community news site between us on here

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I just had a quick Google of some of the reporters I remember from the last year or two and none of them seem to be there any more.

It's definitely centralised and they'll be a few people in each territory rehashing the stories to make it as local as possible.

I'm not sure what's worse though, Coventry Live or Free Radio - the latter is absolutely atrocious. I can't believe how many people wank over JD and Roisin.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I just had a quick Google of some of the reporters I remember from the last year or two and none of them seem to be there any more.

It's definitely centralised and they'll be a few people in each territory rehashing the stories to make it as local as possible.

Half the time it's a centralised story with 'find and replace' to make it local

TTG

So I did a bit of digging, turns out their office is in the canal basin so still in coventry. They are owned by a company called reach plc which is where the "live" tag comes from. Reach plc is a company formed by the mirror.

so I guess it makes sense that the mirror would own cet

superskyblue

The guy Tom Leach who used to work for the club seems to put out some pretty interesting and different content. He seems to have a bit of a fresh approach compared to his colleagues. Obviously he's still targeted on clicks but I've actually found some of his stuff pretty good.

tisza

Same Preston North end who are owned and financed by a billionaire tax exile?
Pot kettle black springs to mind

Adge

I'm not sure what's worse though, Coventry Live or Free Radio - the latter is absolutely atrocious. I can't believe how many people wank over JD and Roisin.
Are they not the 2 phonies who got people to ring in to competitions only for them not to be competitions and them ringing up a mate to look like somebody had won? Basically committing fraud, so how are these people still employed?
On a slightly different note I noticed that they were having a phone in on CWR about Highfield Rd (Dean Nelson told me) and was waiting for it to come on but obviously had missed it and had the wrong day. I listened for about half an hour to Vic Minnett? playing a game of snakes and ladders by answering questions to decide if you go “down in the snake pit”.
Constant jingles about “the sound of Cov” which I guess is some sort of rebrand to try and bring it into the current century.
Just shockingly bad all round. Does anyone actually listen to this tripe except possibly on a match day?

SlowerThanPlatt

Are they not the 2 phonies who got people to ring in to competitions only for them not to be competitions and them ringing up a mate to look like somebody had won? Basically committing fraud, so how are these people still employed?
On a slightly different note I noticed that they were having a phone in on CWR about Highfield Rd (Dean Nelson told me) and was waiting for it to come on but obviously had missed it and had the wrong day. I listened for about half an hour to Vic Minnett? playing a game of snakes and ladders by answering questions to decide if you go “down in the snake pit”.
Constant jingles about “the sound of Cov” which I guess is some sort of rebrand to try and bring it into the current century.
Just shockingly bad all round. Does anyone actually listen to this tripe except possibly on a match day?

How do you know that someone they know is winning?

Grendel

Is Dalziel still the announcer at home games?

Users who are viewing this thread