Pressley suing CCFC (1 Viewer)

Astute

I think it was also broken to suit the football club and to stay in this division.

It is amazing how Pressley was a hero and needed a longer contract, then he was a baddy, now he is a goody again? He was absolutely shocking, it was pointed out at the time he got his new contract too.

I wanted him gone. He is a poor manager. But he had a contract saying he would get 18 months pay within a week. SISU should pay up. They drew up the contract he signed. It is about they paid up for once instead of dragging our clubs name through the courts yet again.

ccfcway

All this crap about this being a big issue for sisu. It's a far bigger issue for Pressley.If he takes the club to court no other club will touch him with a barge pole.

It took several months for Man Utd to pay Moyes after a protracted argument in which the managers association were very critical of the club. I guess no manager ever wants to work there again.

and i guess no-one touched Moyes with a bargepole due to him threatening Man Utd ?

Godiva

I wanted him gone. He is a poor manager. But he had a contract saying he would get 18 months pay within a week. SISU should pay up. They drew up the contract he signed. It is about they paid up for once instead of dragging our clubs name through the courts yet again.

And you can't imagine any situation - any clause - that could be interpreted differently by the two parties?

duffer

I would agree in a common employment status but with football it is obviously a very different culture (alot more short term). He could still be employed by CCFC but on Garden leave despite the fact that he is not 'doing the job', there are probably a myriad of different scenarios here which we probably will never know the real 'facts'. This situation it is a case of SISU trying their luck and seeing if he will look to a quick settlement in the end but thats our guess!

I would love to see his contract or a footballers for that to see how they are structured!

Mostly like ours, but with a lot more zeros at the end of some of the numbers? :)

Grendel

and i guess no-one touched Moyes with a bargepole due to him threatening Man Utd ?

He didn't threaten them with court action did he?

Also he isn't a jumped up nobody with no managerial credentials.

A desperate argument even by your own standards.

Grendel

This won't go to court.

ccfcway

He didn't threaten them with court action did he?

Also he isn't a jumped up nobody with no managerial credentials.

A desperate argument even by your own standards.

how do you know that ?. He asked for x amount of money, Man Utd said no, and there was then a protracted arguement ?. If he didn't threaten them with anything, why would they have negotiated ?

* This line is reserved for your insult which comes at the end of everyone of your posts as you cant help yourself

Grendel

how do you know that ?. He asked for x amount of money, Man Utd said no, and there was then a protracted arguement ?. If he didn't threaten them with anything, why would they have negotiated ?

* This line is reserved for your insult which comes at the end of everyone of your posts as you cant help yourself

Hardly an insult.

He put a case through the league managers association and the settlement was made via that.

I guess you are the type who believe things like elvis was on the moon if you read it.

It's bullshit

martcov

And you can't imagine any situation - any clause - that could be interpreted differently by the two parties?

In the case of SISU you would expect the unexpected to Happen on pay day.... As Higgs and ACL found out ( Higgs hadn't covered every Single eventuality and ACL didn't realise that CCFC Ltd was a redundant property company plus the Story of the missing golden share ). More fool SP.... Watch out Tony Mowbray!

Grendel

In the case of SISU you would expect the unexpected to Happen on pay day.... As Higgs and ACL found out ( Higgs hadn't covered every Single eventuality and ACL didn't realise that CCFC Ltd was a redundant property company plus the Story of the missing golden share ). More fool SP.... Watch out Tony Mowbray!

We're sisu in charge when strachan was manager?

Hobo

It is easy just to say Typical SISU why can't you honour the contract you gave him? I believe they should!

But let's be honest, practically every football manager who has ever been sacked ends up in protracted negotiations to get their contracts paid up. It is not unusual unfortunately.

CCFCKirky

I don't blame Pressley one bit! If your owed money from a contract then you deserve that money, SISU should just pay up and move on! But knowing SISU they will hire out their own courtroom yet again and waste more money on pointless lawyers fees from a scenario that could easily have been avoided

Grendel

I don't blame Pressley one bit! If your owed money from a contract then you deserve that money, SISU should just pay up and move on! But knowing SISU they will hire out their own courtroom yet again and waste more money on pointless lawyers fees from a scenario that could easily have been avoided

Same as every other club that sacks a manager then?

Noggin

This won't go to court.

Pressley wins by default in 8 days time, either sisu give in, sisu convince pressley with a deal, sisu do nothing in which case pressley can apply to wind up the club, or sisu apply to the court, it makes court reasonably likely imo, at lease sisu contrasting it with the court because I don't see why Presley would do a deal before that point when he will win by default without it, if sisu apply to the court then Pressley will at least have some reason to deal, he has none atm.

It's possible sisu are leaving it till the last minute to pay in order to make more money from the interest, seems like a false economy though when they will be needing to convince mowbray to stay in the summer.

martcov

We're sisu in charge when strachan was manager?

No. Nor were They in charge when Richardson sued ( threatened - ended up as a Deal ) for unfair dismissal claiming he wasn't informed properly - although he was at the Board Meeting where They voted him out. I think it was for 300000.

Grendel

Pressley wins by default in 8 days time, either sisu give in, sisu convince pressley with a deal, sisu do nothing in which case pressley can apply to wind up the club, or sisu apply to the court, it makes court reasonably likely imo, at lease sisu contrasting it with the court because I don't see why Presley would do a deal before that point when he will win by default without it, if sisu apply to the court then Pressley will at least have some reason to deal, he has none atm.

It's possible sisu are leaving it till the last minute to pay in order to make more money from the interest, seems like a false economy though when they will be needing to convince mowbray to stay in the summer.

Yeah I am sure the article is 100% accurate.

Noggin

Same as every other club that sacks a manager then?

managers issuing statutory demands and coming within a week of being able to apply for a winding up order isn't something that is common in the slightest lets not pretend this is normal, it's not.

Grendel

managers issuing statutory demands and coming within a week of being able to apply for a winding up order isn't something that is common in the slightest lets not pretend this is normal, it's not.

I am sure it isn't -- so we know that this has happened do we?

Noggin

Yeah I am sure the article is 100% accurate.

The article has to be completely and utterly wrong for what I said not to be valid. If Pressley has issued a statutory demand he will win by default without sisu applying to the court (or paying up or making pressley agree to drop it) meaning sisu applying to the court is a reasonably likely (perhaps very likely) scenario.

Grendel

The article has to be completely and utterly wrong for what I said not to be valid. If Pressley has issued a statutory demand he will win by default without sisu applying to the court (or paying up or making pressley agree to drop it) meaning sisu applying to the court is a reasonably likely (perhaps very likely) scenario.

Lets revisit this in a week shall we -- then I am sure Council Poole and Gilbert will have more headlines to shock and alarm people like you -- and make people like me laugh that people like you believe any tripe that they print.

Noggin

I am sure it isn't -- so we know that this has happened do we?

I'm confident that the telegraph do their due diligence before printing something like that, so yeah we do pretty much know for sure this has happened. This isn't the sort of thing you print without being sure, it's not speculation or rumour, It's an outright statement of fact that Presley's lawyers have taken legal action on the 10th of March.

Noggin

Lets revisit this in a week shall we -- then I am sure Council Poole and Gilbert will have more headlines to shock and alarm people like you -- and make people like me laugh that people like you believe any tripe that they print.

I'm not shocked and alarmed, I don't think this will led to the club being wound up, the most likely scenario imo is sisu paying what they owe at the last moment, the second most likely is them applying to the court to contest it and then hoping they can settle with pressley for less (which he would do if not completely sure), 3rd most likely it goes to court and sisu lose at that point we'd need to be shocked and alarmed if they dont then quickly pay up.

Nick

Administrator
I'm confident that the telegraph do their due diligence before printing something like that, so yeah we do pretty much know for sure this has happened. This isn't the sort of thing you print without being sure, it's not speculation or rumour, It's an outright statement of fact that Presley's lawyers have taken legal action on the 10th of March.

So does that mean the telegraph have never been wrong?

Noggin

So does that mean the telegraph have never been wrong?

I think they are frequently mistaken, I don't however think they would print an allegation like this without being sure. They are accusing someone of issuing legal proceedings against an extremely litigious group, you get that stuff right or you get in trouble fast, you don't print that if you don't know especially as it's printed as fact, there is no according to sources, or the telegraph understands that qualifiers.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I don't really follow the sackings of other clubs managers so don't know if its common or not for sacked managers to go down this route. We know there are often disagreements about pay offs, probably happens but there papers don't come out with the sensationalist winding up/liquidation that will never happen.

Pressley should be paid whatever his contract states, but its not a problem that is exclusive to CCFC.

oucho

Shame the club didn't sack Fisher at the same time and deny him his contractually entitled severance package, if he has one. See how he likes getting screwed over.

Gint11

It baffles me in this day and age where managers get 5 games to keep their job that clubs still offer managers 3/5 year contracts! There was only 1 manager ever to avoid sack and that was Fergie. Now he's retired there all at risk!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Astute

Sticking up for SISU again Grendel?

This is more serious than you are trying to make out. It is a football debt. Football debts come first. SISU will have to pay. Otherwise they could lose the golden share....that is if Appleton has managed to find it yet ;)

torchomatic

Still can't see what the fuss is about. This genuinely does happen all the time in football. He will get his money.

Takes the spotlight off the last two victories though so good news for some on this thread.

Nick

Administrator
Still can't see what the fuss is about. This genuinely does happen all the time in football. He will get his money.

Takes the spotlight off the last two victories though so good news for some on this thread.

Yeah the telegraph news has brought some people back on here, the 2 wins didn't seem to.

torchomatic

Yes, odd that, Nick. :thinking about:

Astute

Yes it does happen. Not all the time but it does happen. I am like many others if not all of us that have had enough of litigation. They were happy to take the money from Robins leaving. They should pay the money to SP for their stupidity on giving him a 4 year contract. There was already big signs that he was not worth a contract extension. But it looks like they saw pound signs.

So what is wrong with not wanting any more litigation at our club? Not done us any good so far has it.

Godiva

Yes it does happen. Not all the time but it does happen. I am like many others if not all of us that have had enough of litigation. They were happy to take the money from Robins leaving. They should pay the money to SP for their stupidity on giving him a 4 year contract. There was already big signs that he was not worth a contract extension. But it looks like they saw pound signs.

So what is wrong with not wanting any more litigation at our club? Not done us any good so far has it.

It's not the club suing SP - it's the other way around. And maybe - just maybe - the club has a good case?
Innocent until proven guilty and all that.

boatang

Wonder what will TM will be making of all this?
He will know how usual all this is, and whether this is the kind of place he would want to be working at.

Users who are viewing this thread