Pressley suing CCFC (2 Viewers)

Evo1883

It is strange how things changed .
before he signed the contract we had played 6 won 2 drew 3 lost 1
then after he signed it he went on to win 5 in 25 , drawin 9 losing 11

Did he change after the new contract , did his attitude towards players etc change , we cant just blame the reda injury

Kingokings204

A contract is a contract you pay what you signed but we know sisu don't do that.

It's not SP fault he signed a 4 year deal and legal action is just threats made against the club and points deductions against sisu chucking lawyers at it.

There is a compromize but it's just usual sisu tactics of not paying yet another legal contract. Scum bags.

I don't want SP to get 18 months wages but if that's what it says then that's what it says.

ajsccfc

He'll get his money, we'll get a piece on the official site along the lines of 'Hey you know that thing we should have done in the first place? We done it, high five' and we'll all sit there wondering why it even became a thing.

shmmeee

So when Fisher said Pressley's pay off was "in the budget" was it next to £0? Hope this doesn't eat into Mowbrays promotion pot next season :D

albatross

No it isn't - the club took Mowbray on since the report so I'm pretty sure he is getting paid.

This in not about Mowbray being paid, like you I am sure he is , this is about the money within the club to pay the current wage bill and pay SP. Last year we lost money and clearly the club cannot trade without the owner funding the losses. This is a big chunk of cash to find (I would expect 700K +) it has to come from somewhere , if the club don't have it , then it is either Admin , SISU pays or some stage payment agreements.

Agreeing a settlement often takes time, true but this is an immediate action so it would suggest that either the parties are miles apart or SISU are simply not looking like paying at the moment

The irony. Pressley brings future transfer embargo or points deduction. And we were doing so well..this week

Ur right mate, oh the irony! Club face another winding up order but it wont happen. A negotiated settlement will be the end result which will be less than his contractual entitlement. The alternative would be a long slog through the legal system with the club paying all the costs. Dejavu!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Noggin

Is there any other career where you get sacked for being useless at your job and get paid 18 months salary?

I thought it was usual that even if you did get a payout you only got it until you were back in employment so unless nobody else will give him a job we shouldn't be on the hook for 18 months of paying him should we?

It's a small percentage of jobs where there is such a large payout when you fail, but then it's also a small percentage of jobs where you are so vulnerable to being sacked, where the job security is so dependent on other peoples performances and attitudes, where the results are so dependent on the resources you are provided.

This getting paid off when you fail applies to all the players just as much as the manager but likely with a much higher salary and the player has much less chance of "being sacked".

While I'm sure we'd all love to manage a football club the managers position is one of the least ridiculous in terms of over the top benefits and pay in football.

We absolutely should pay him and this is just going to make it harder to get TM to sign in the summer. Here Tony 3 year contract sign here please, oh ignore the fact we sacked the previous manager a few months into a 4 year contract and didn't honor what he was owed. That won't happen to you, promise, we always operate in good faith.

torchomatic

This happens all the time though doesn't it? And, as mentioned earlier, has happened to us before.

Nothing like a storm in a teacup to distract from our on-the-field turnaround, is there?

Terry Gibson's perm

I imagine with Haynes's form dropping right off there is one less player to sell so I guess that it will soon be Maddison's turn to take that well trodden path as something has to fund this pay off, or maybe Tim could go without his salary?

Nick

Administrator
I imagine with Haynes's form dropping right off there is one less player to sell so I guess that it will soon be Maddison's turn to take that well trodden path as something has to fund this pay off, or maybe Tim could go without his salary?

I thought Maddison was going in January? People were already angry with SISU about it.

torchomatic

Yes, it's a shame that we lost Haynes and Maddison during the transfer window. Must be the reason we've haven't seen them in the team.

Did Pressley take them to Huddersfield with him?

I thought Maddison was going in January? People were already angry with SISU about it.

Terry Gibson's perm

Yes, it's a shame that we lost Haynes and Maddison during the transfer window. Must be the reason we've haven't seen them in the team.

Did Pressley take them to Huddersfield with him?

I wish he would have wouldn't have had his dreadful management for as long as we did! Haynes I think will struggle to make it long term and Maddison I haven't seen enough to really comment.

torchomatic

Now, Maddison genuinely looks good. Haynes genuinely doesn't.

I wish he would have wouldn't have had his dreadful management for as long as we did! Haynes I think will struggle to make it long term and Maddison I haven't seen enough to really comment.

ccfcway

speaking outside the courtroom, SP said he was delighted how the case went. Despite it being thrown out after 2 minutes, his barristers really put in a shift and couldnt fault their effort. SP feels he is very close to being able to turn todays loss into a win next time. He thought he dominated proceeding for the majority of the case and was unlucky to come away with the wrong verdict. SP has decided to let his barristers work elsewhere and will turn his attention to some new recruits in the coming days, who have the DNA he is looking for to be able to fight the cause.

Last edited:

Sky Blue Kid

Very strange how some people try to "Paper over the cracks" eh Torchy? You'd have been going for the jugular if it had been CCC. SISU have proven time and again they aren't worth a w**k. SP was/is a s**t manager, but his contract should be honoured, but knowing the owners they'll wriggle and squirm to try and get out of it.

torchomatic

Well done. You managed not to swear in that one. See #19.

Very strange how some people try to "Paper over the cracks" eh Torchy? You'd have been going for the jugular if it had been CCC. SISU have proven time and again they aren't worth a w**k. SP was/is a s**t manager, but his contract should be honoured, but knowing the owners they'll wriggle and squirm to try and get out of it.

Nick

Administrator
It is football though isn't it, people can be absolutely shit and still get paid off which I don't personally agree with but it is how it works so by law he is due it isn't he?

LB87ccfc

Are we really surprised our wonderful owners have refused to pay up considering they do not like to pay for fuck all, I mean comon look at their track record....

Gosford Green

New manager, team looks confident good draw against Bradford and 2 away wins on the trot, we might even pull away from the drop zone for a relaxed end of season run in.

The glass was getting nearly half full, SISU pour the optimism away again.

Nick

Administrator
New manager, team looks confident good draw against Bradford and 2 away wins on the trot, we might even pull away from the drop zone for a relaxed end of season run in.

The glass was getting nearly half full, SISU pour the optimism away again.

Depends if people actually let it, people look for excuses as much as they can don't they?

"we want cheap prices"
"we want results"
"we want to get goals"

Oh actually, we get them but to be honest I don't like an article in the telegraph.

Sky Blue Kid

Torchomatic....."Fuck me, you're all babies, aren't you?"...................................You were saying Torchy?

chiefdave

I'm not sure, I've always thought thats how it should work but I'm not sure if it does. Doesn't seem right that SP could get another managers position and then effectively pick up 2 wages.

Couple of jobs where he gets sacked after 6 months and he could be picked up 3 or 4 wages as a result of being bad at his job!

torchomatic

Fair enough, you got me there. What about the rest of your drivel?

Torchomatic....."Fuck me, you're all babies, aren't you?"...................................You were saying Torchy?

Bill Glazier

Before 7 July? No,after7 July:thinking about:

Yep, it's that will-we-still-exist-in-4 months time again. Come on Sisu, why don't you have a go at running the club properly? Just try it for one season - no litigation with anyone anywhere, invest in the team, sensible negotiations with Wasps, rebuild relations with the fans, stop pretending you're going to build a stadium everybody knows will never be built. It really isn't that difficult. You might surprise yourselves.

Sky Blue Kid

@ Torchy....How many more would you like me to post for you? posts that show you're not Whiter than white in the swearing stakes. There's an old saying pal. Never cast the first stone, the next one might kill you!

rupert_bear

One thing for certain Waggott won't want this to end up in the courts, questions will be asked and answers demanded. We may find out who signed the players. I am also certain SPs lawyer will throw all sorts of shit at them, including hauling back the minus 10 points, the transfer embargoes for not obeying the law of the land and submitting the accounts, moving to Northampton for a season, were all the players signed by Steven Pressley, selling his star players from under him and perhaps the most damning the awarding of a 4 year contract to a rookie manager less than 6 months into the job, I suspect only Mourinho and Wenger has one longer. I sincerely hope Pressley takes them all the way and lets see the smile wiped off the faces of those who "batter people" in court.

Last edited:

fernandopartridge

One thing for certain Waggott won't want this to end up in the courts, questions will be asked and answers demanded. We may find out who signed the players, I would think only. I am also certain SPs lawyer will throw all sorts of shit at them, including hauling back the minus 10 points, the transfer embargoes for not obeying the law of the land and submitting the accounts, moving to Northampton for a season, were all the players signed by Steven Pressley, selling his star players from under him and perhaps the most daning the awarding of a 4 year contract extension less than 6 months into the job to a rookie manager less than 6 months into the job, I suspect only Mourinho and Wenger has one longer. I sincerely hope Pressley takes them all the way and lets see the smile wiped off the faces of those who "batter people" in court.

It'll be an employment tribunal won't it?

torchomatic

Still can't see what the fuss is about. Happens at loads of clubs, we're not unique in that aspect. Hopefully, SISU will just give him his money and we can concentrate on Mowbray and on the pitch positivity.

rupert_bear

So those who awarded Steven Pressley this 4 year contract extension and probably having to fork out a few hundred thousand aren't accountable, that money has probably cost us the chance of a decent player or two to help us out of the shit, which we are still in by the way.

Sky Blue Kid

@ fernandopartridge.....Verses 7, 8. - But when they continued asking him; he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin, let him first cast a stone at her................If you want to nit pick, make sure you're right. Btw, does it matter where the hearing is, he's owed the contracted money and should be paid, end of.

Users who are viewing this thread