Pressley suing CCFC (3 Viewers)

The irony. Pressley brings future transfer embargo or points deduction. And we were doing so well..this week

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

pusbccfc

Is there any other career where you get sacked for being useless at your job and get paid 18 months salary?

I thought it was usual that even if you did get a payout you only got it until you were back in employment so unless nobody else will give him a job we shouldn't be on the hook for 18 months of paying him should we?

When SISU signed Pressley up, they probably put it in the contract that if he was to get sacked he'd be paid X amount. It is a way of getting him to sign.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Is there any other career where you get sacked for being useless at your job and get paid 18 months salary?

I thought it was usual that even if you did get a payout you only got it until you were back in employment so unless nobody else will give him a job we shouldn't be on the hook for 18 months of paying him should we?

I'm not sure, I've always thought thats how it should work but I'm not sure if it does. Doesn't seem right that SP could get another managers position and then effectively pick up 2 wages.

dongonzalos

Bloody hell what agreement is there to reach?
The agreement is already written down and signed by both parties. One party is now reneging on it.
If I were his lawyers I would agree nothing get the full amount owed. Plus legal costs from SISU. Plus more on top for the inconvenience. Then SISU might start honouring the contracts they sign.

Terry Gibson's perm

This Alex Smith needs to keep his nose out as well he is from the Scottish LMA which has nothing to do with English football, Pressley may not have been ready to go but most sensible people were more than ready to see the back of him and for me had well over stayed his welcome, the structure doesn't matter the first teams results do and he is not an attractive manager for somebody and if he is I am sure he will be back in work in the summer so doesn't need an 18 month pay off but they have agreed it.

Last edited:

LJC_CCFC

Serves the club right for giving him a new FOUR year contract after that feast of football that was Coventry 1-0 Gillingham.

Someone should bump the thread from that game, would be an interesting read.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Right lets all be fair to the man, whether you rate him as a manager or not he should be paid what he is owed. Contracts work both ways.

If any of us were made redundant from a job, you would be expecting the money you were owed! You'd all be straight down the pub and whining if your employer said he wasn't going to pay you a penny of what you were owed!

SkyblueBazza

They just love controversy don't they?
This "reach a settlement" approach means that yet again they project the image that regardless of the agreement - when it suits them they will not honour the agreement...so its pointless trying to agree to anything...which makes it more hassle than its worth to have any dealings with them in any capacity.

PUSB

wingy

Yep it will give Alan Poole something else to simper about, in his next installment of Alan's waffle, where he sits in what looks very similar to a prison cell with his buddy Andy Turner, and tells us all how hard done by Pressley was.

If they were ever audible moff

Terry Gibson's perm

So we managed about 48 hours without having to worry about off the field stuff.

I always wonder what a manager who has just been sacked for being terrible thinks when the team starts winning?

Chipfat

SW is getting away with this again,, he has to be held accountable for these decisions, an illusionist that says he cares but in reality most if not all decision made are hurting the club... He needs to go and take TF with him,, if you are SP you take this as far as you can get every penny owed and let the world know what it was like to work with these owners..

Sisu should pay up and go.. TM will not hang around if the club end up with points deducted or embargo's flying around,,, 2 steps forward 3 back with these owners....

Longford

Bankers ? CEOs of large PLCs ?

gally9

I just dont understand this company at all.. a contract literally isnt worth shit in there eyes

wingy

They really are clueless aren't they
They seem to have signed up to more onerous terms than those of Coleman, Boothroyd etc, admittedly not to the same value
He should be eternally grateful to his mate Alan Poole for planting that Huddersfield article in the CT

Memories and Careers In football are short
I think they owe him his money for all the shit he saved them while we were at sixfields JMO

albatross

at the end of the day SP signed a contract in good faith , at the time his stock was rising, and the incentive for the club was that they had him locked in for 4 years or a decent compensation payout should he elect to go and CCFC were rising through the leagues. It seemed to be the one bit of long term planning that SISU did.

As we know things didn't pan out for either party, SP was determined to continue but the club had other ideas and he seemed genuinely upset at losing the job. Irrespective of what anyone thinks this is not performance related pay , the severance package would have been agreed up front so for SISU to appear to renege is a pretty poor show and given SISU's record i am not surprised that he has felt the need to test it in court.

The one worrying thing is that he may end up forcing another admin if there is not enough cash in the club to settle this and keep it running , i would suspect that a cash injection from SISU would be required , which as the auditors said at the time of the last accounts unless SISU fund the losses then the club cannot trade. At that time SISU agreed to fund the losses but back then they were not expecting to have to run the club and payout SP.

This could decide if TM sees a future with CCFC if there is even less money to rebuild

I suppose this will be another excuse, its somebody else gov...

Worrying times

skybluetony176

That clearly means SP is going to be appointed the new boss in the summer. SISU have resorted to form and are clearly trying to distress him to pick him up on the cheap ;)

skybluesam66

TM the CEO said at the time that this was in the financial forecasts - so if he lied to get the accounts signed off..... Tim watch out for the boys in blue!!!

mrtrench

Yes, every career where you agree a contract with those terms. If any of my clients want me out they have to honour my contract. I'm not senior enough for them to want to tie me in for 3 years but I imagine it happens for CEOs et al.

Grendel

at the end of the day SP signed a contract in good faith , at the time his stock was rising, and the incentive for the club was that they had him locked in for 4 years or a decent compensation payout should he elect to go and CCFC were rising through the leagues. It seemed to be the one bit of long term planning that SISU did.

As we know things didn't pan out for either party, SP was determined to continue but the club had other ideas and he seemed genuinely upset at losing the job. Irrespective of what anyone thinks this is not performance related pay , the severance package would have been agreed up front so for SISU to appear to renege is a pretty poor show and given SISU's record i am not surprised that he has felt the need to test it in court.

The one worrying thing is that he may end up forcing another admin if there is not enough cash in the club to settle this and keep it running , i would suspect that a cash injection from SISU would be required , which as the auditors said at the time of the last accounts unless SISU fund the losses then the club cannot trade. At that time SISU agreed to fund the losses but back then they were not expecting to have to run the club and payout SP.

This could decide if TM sees a future with CCFC if there is even less money to rebuild

I suppose this will be another excuse, its somebody else gov...

Worrying times

No it isn't - the club took Mowbray on since the report so I'm pretty sure he is getting paid.

Agreeing a settlement often takes some time to resolve. Strachan when he tried to sue I'm sure hadn't been paid months after the event. Oddly fans seemed a lot less sympathetic to him and most wanted the club to tell him to shove off.

Users who are viewing this thread