Press conference (2 Viewers)

steve82

Yep. I was very critical of Kent, because he seemingly didn't contribute anything, but now I have come round to the thinking that his running directly at players, at pace, did indeed create spaces for others around him and caused a bit of panic in defences.

Well on CWR six o'clock show they played a short segment of different chances.
Three to be precise, all supplied through balls from Lameiras.
Was that just a lucky fluke.

We all knew Kent didn't always have the final ball to be the good player he could be but the ability he has to run and scare most defenders and flash a ball across the box is enough for any team to respect. No defender is gonna enjoy a player of his pace steaming at you on the off chance he could put the perfect final ball in. We lack anyone doing this.
Why did we not follow up the interest in the pacy Elson Hooi? Be interesting to see why.

Reuben lameires has shown he can deliver them killer balls early on in the season and in the games against fleetwood and Rochdale. He needs more game time as I think he's a confidence player who would flourish with more games.

No one in particular Otis.
Just my opinion that he is actually effective in creating chances.
I also don't buy he's particularly lightweight as he tracks back and puts his foot in to break up play.
I think he's worthy of starting regularly and on the left where he started the season.
I know it's not necessarily you're or others opinion but it is mine and I was surprised from that little segment that the danger created was his work.
Think the lad Is far too easily dismissed as a player.

I thought his performance away at Sheff Utd was as good a winger's display I've seen for the City in a long time.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Yep. I was very critical of Kent, because he seemingly didn't contribute anything, but now I have come round to the thinking that his running directly at players, at pace, did indeed create spaces for others around him and caused a bit of panic in defences.

Same, we have a habit on here of when a player isn't playing he seems to get better through absence.

However I think he did put us on the front foot, and the opposition defences were scared of him and off the back foot. Still no end product but just thinking it must be a psychological and mental advantage for the team to be able to put the opposition defence on the backfoot so quickly into the match

The fact that Murphy went to crap when Kent left doesnt help as when murphy is at his best he can also do those things.

stupot07

No one in particular Otis.
Just my opinion that he is actually effective in creating chances.
I also don't buy he's particularly lightweight as he tracks back and puts his foot in to break up play.
I think he's worthy of starting regularly and on the left where he started the season.
I know it's not necessarily you're or others opinion but it is mine and I was surprised from that little segment that the danger created was his work.
Think the lad Is far too easily dismissed as a player.

Seconded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

stupot07

It would interesting to see our form since he left.

Whilst I agree we miss him as an option, the slump has been since mid Nov, and Kent didn't leave until January, so he was part of that slump too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Covstu

I think there is a place for Lamieras also, I agree he is too lightweight when playing with Maddison so I would opt to keep Lam playing over Maddison to build for next season rather than keep improving someone who is going to walk at the end of the year. Maddison can come on when there are tired legs but again he hasn't been a shining star that everyone is saying he is either!

Otis

I think there is a place for Lamieras also, I agree he is too lightweight when playing with Maddison so I would opt to keep Lam playing over Maddison to build for next season rather than keep improving someone who is going to walk at the end of the year. Maddison can come on when there are tired legs but again he hasn't been a shining star that everyone is saying he is either!
I would rather play Lameiras than Maddison at the moment.

Much more likely to create chances for others than Maddison, who quite often just goes for solo glory.

steve82

Completely agree with this. Lameires is our player for next season and looks useful when he plays. With a run of games I think he would improve massively too, Maddison's form has taken a hit, and I've always preferred Maddison coming on in the 75-80 min to draw players into playing him. He's a better impact sub in my book. Lameires is more a team player too . He can play the no 10 role and can out play wide better if you'd compared the two so gives you greater flexibility.
Give him a run of games TM please

ClarkeZ

Regardless of people's opinions on Kent, he clearly brought some energy to the team which is sadly lacking now. Very little positives from the last three games in my opinion and we seem to stand off teams now which isn't playing to our key player strengths
I agree with the idea, but while Kent is gone we have another who gives just as much energy and passion but is currently playing for Scunthorpe.

Well on CWR six o'clock show they played a short segment of different chances.
Three to be precise, all supplied through balls from Lameiras.
Was that just a lucky fluke.
Definitely not. Early in the season he was a big part of excellent football that took us to the top 3. I don't understand why so many people dislike him so much, especially when the other options are clearly, obviously not working.

ClarkeZ

This, this, this.
I said this on Saturday, get him game time, hes a good player and brings a touch of flair and accurate passing to the game. Maddison has been as poor as most players recently so the change is far from unwarranted. I'm desperate to see Lameiras playing more, hes wildly underrated by our fans, at least those around me on Saturday who seems so upset he started the game and more so every time he made any mistakes.

Nick

Administrator
In fairness to Lameiras, he at least showed a bit of fight on Saturday too when he got kicked. He ran straight back and had a go at their player.

He probably won't do much with 35 minutes here, 14 minutes there.

Some of his passes go astray, but some of those are because he plays clever balls people don't expect.

There was that one to Armstrong that split the defence.

Users who are viewing this thread