Press conference (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
It wasn’t all that bad Saturday, we have looked at the positives on the DVD and we were back to how we play, controlling the game and had opportunities.Unfortunately we didn’t take them and they got a last minute pen.
We need to be winning games and can’t be looking at draws now

Don't think I agree, we didn't get any real decent chances apart from the offside ones.

Nick

Administrator
Sometimes maybe we push a bit too hard at home but we just need to be winning games now.
Maybe we’ll be more cagey away tomorrow night and hopefully nick a result.

"Nick a result" sounds as if they want to sit back and then try and get a lucky winner.

I'd much prefer "hopefully we will hammer them tomorrow night"

Nick

Administrator
The season is miles from over and lots of points to play for.
We need to forget what’s happened in the past.

It shouldn't be forgotten, it should be learnt from.

tom88

It shouldn't be forgotten, it should be learnt from.

Agree!

And the comments I have seen from posters about loan players not caring I don't agree with

At the end of the day they are professional footballers.

I can understand it to some degree about not caring if we were mid table and going no where but these players have a chance to get a promotion on their CV and a chance to play in front of the cameras in front of 70,000+ fans at Wembley!

Its a boy hood dream for any young boy! If that is not a motivation for anyone of them players, then I am sorry they should not be playing

dongonzalos

Agree!

And the comments I have seen from posters about loan players not caring I don't agree with

At the end of the day they are professional footballers.

I can understand it to some degree about not caring if we were mid table and going no where but these players have a chance to get a promotion on their CV and a chance to play in front of the cameras in front of 70,000+ fans at Wembley!

Its a boy hood dream for any young boy! If that is not a motivation for anyone of them players, then I am sorry they should not be playing

They care this is a big chance to shine

AFCCOVENTRY

Interesting that Mogga is saying since Kent departing the 'clique' the attacking players had in training and in games has gone.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Don't think I agree, we didn't get any real decent chances apart from the offside ones.

I think we saw a bit of the creativity on Saturday that we have been missing for so long. We were a passing team that ripped defences apart by playing intelligent through balls. The movement, passing, and interchange was strong.

Whist the final product wasn't quite there, I could see the difference Lameiras bought to the team on Saturday, he did some really good passes and was unfairly rated in my opinion. We just haven't seen anywhere near as much creativeness recently, or in fact I think since nearer to the start of the season.

I thought we played better against Rochdale than we did Fleetwood and Barnsley.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Interesting that Mogga is saying since Kent departing the 'clique' the attacking players had in training and in games has gone.

It's interesting, but I just don't buy it.

The addition of Kent (and Murphy) haemorrhaged our passing game that was so fluent between the modest trio of Lameiras, Maddison, and JOB. They were always working hard for each other, and had a lot of intelligence which was used to cut through defences.

The clique they had was ultimately the strong one, which was then substituted for blind pace, which actually barely ever came off, and I don't think we were as good a team since.

These comments would indicate that Mowbray's looking for a scapegoat, and it sounds desperate. Not good.

Nick

Administrator
I think we saw a bit of the creativity on Saturday that we have been missing for so long. We were a passing team that ripped defences apart by playing intelligent through balls. The movement, passing, and interchange was strong.

Whist the final product wasn't quite there, I could see the difference Lameiras bought to the team on Saturday, he did some really good passes and was unfairly rated in my opinion. We just haven't seen anywhere near as much creativeness recently, or in fact I think since nearer to the start of the season.

I thought we played better against Rochdale than we did Fleetwood and Barnsley.

The defence splitting passes were mainly from Lamieres like you say. Like that one to Armstrong in the first half.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

"There was a little gang of talented footballers who used to eat together and do extra training together and they drove each other on.
We haven’t got that three-pronged attack now.
The balance between artists and soldiers is proving a little bit difficult at the moment but I’m sure that win is just around the corner.”

Nick

Administrator
"There was a little gang of talented footballers who used to eat together and do extra training together and they drove each other on.
We haven’t got that three-pronged attack now.
The balance between artists and soldiers is proving a little bit difficult at the moment but I’m sure that win is just around the corner.”

Only Kent has gone hasn't he? Is Murphy, Armstrong and Maddison not 3 pronged?

chiefdave

Worrying comments from TM. Sounds like things aren't happy in the camp. One players going shouldn't have that much impact.

Stokes' comments are simply to those Mowbray made after the match. Its worrying if they believe they are performing and just need a touch of luck. They're been terrible and if they don't realise that are they doing anything to change it?

Nick

Administrator
Worrying comments from TM. Sounds like things aren't happy in the camp. One players going shouldn't have that much impact.

Stokes' comments are simply to those Mowbray made after the match. Its worrying if they believe they are performing and just need a touch of luck. They're been terrible and if they don't realise that are they doing anything to change it?

I am more worried they are hoping they can "nick" a win, just shows their confidence.

skybluegod

I am more worried they are hoping they can "nick" a win, just shows their confidence.

So it's the players being realistic that you are complaining about? I honestly believe a hard-fought scrappy win is what we need to get back on track. Not a 6-0 thrashing.

rupert_bear

Kent going ? We had and still have the chance to replace him and for some reason chose not to. I am not saying we miss Kent the player but his blinding pace on the right stretched opposing defenders and gave our midfield outlets to pass to and i'm sorry TM still needs to explain why new comers Hunt, Rose, Henderson, Lorenzen and Bigiriamma have hardly featured despite our woeful performances lately.

Nick

Administrator
So it's the players being realistic that you are complaining about? I honestly believe a hard-fought scrappy win is what we need to get back on track. Not a 6-0 thrashing.

I'd much prefer their mindset to be that they want to hammer every team, rather than nick a win. If in their mind they need to be lucky to win a game then it isn't the best.

It is like boxers, they have to think they are going to go into the ring and knock the other bloke out. If they are going in worrying they might get knocked out themselves it will make a difference.

Otis

Don't agree at all about controlling the game either. I thought Rochdale controlled the game for the most part.

stupot07

Don't agree at all about controlling the game either. I thought Rochdale controlled the game for the most part.

Yeah agree with that, Rochdale did control the game largely. We only really had 3 decent chances - Cole chance, and the 2 offsides. Armstrong did have his thunderbolt but that was a very good hit from 25 yards rather than a decent created chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

fernandopartridge

It's interesting, but I just don't buy it.

The addition of Kent (and Murphy) haemorrhaged our passing game that was so fluent between the modest trio of Lameiras, Maddison, and JOB. They were always working hard for each other, and had a lot of intelligence which was used to cut through defences.

The clique they had was ultimately the strong one, which was then substituted for blind pace, which actually barely ever came off, and I don't think we were as good a team since.

These comments would indicate that Mowbray's looking for a scapegoat, and it sounds desperate. Not good.

You talk bollocks.

ashbyjan

Most worrying is that both TM and Stokes felt that was an OK performance and a win is just around the corner - sorry but the recent performances have been woeful. Even the 6-0 against Bury, whilst on the face of it a good result, wasn't that good a performance. The spark, the energy, the desire has seemingly disappeared - there were several occasions on Saturday where a player was in a position to cross and there was either just AA in the box or if it was Armstrong looking to cross absolutely no one - the midfield were standing on the halfway line watching instead of busting a gut trying to get into the area and support. Something has to change - and I don't mean the manager - whether thats a shake up of on field personnel or system something has to change or this season will simply fizzle out. Individually and collectively the players need to look at themselves and start giving a damn and remembering what achieved the success pre Xmas - hard work and teamwork

steve82

Murphy-- Maddison--Cole
------Armstrong------
Worked at Crewe don't mean it will work every week, as it clearly don't.

JimmyHillsbeard

That's right, but could you imagine beating Wigan and Millwall now?

Once Maddison returned, it could have carried on. He however dropped Lameiras (and JOB).

I would have liked to see those three again.

But you're building a house of sand and fog to suggest that those three games were the default for the rest of the season (they include a pretty sketchy home win against Crewe by the way) and that the introduction of our second top scorer and (iirc) our top assist maker ruined the balance of the team.

CCFC88

Lameiras - Maddison - O'Brien
Armstrong

This worked. He really didn't need to change it.

Our form qith these 3 was short lived, due to injury granted, however I think teams would work out how to stop that just as they have worked out how to stop

Murphy-- Maddison--Cole
------Armstrong------

The problem has come in not changing the formation and personnel enough, when was the last time you were genuinely shocked by a team selection? Well thats how the opposing managers must feel, they will have their scouts at our previous 2/3 games and will set up a team to do a job accordingly

They must be rubbing their hands together when theyve seen a blueprint to stopping us in the previous games they have scouted and we havent changed our setup at all for the next match.

Users who are viewing this thread