Prehistoric Robins and his favourites! (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
We need to keep Robins. We have had far far too many manger changes over the years.
He has made a big mistake with McNulty.
However as a team and a squad generally he has moved us up a notch.
Especially defensively.
I think he knows he needs s new striker and I am hoping he will do it in January.
Here we go again. No comments on the game yesterday, the system or anything like that?

It's like you are oblivious to threads before you post, then just copy and paste.

steve82

We started to tail off under TM at this point if the season too.

Think it's fare to say performances levels have dropped despite the resilient defensive performances we put in.

So close to being a good side yet a million miles away from MR seeming being able to change it.

I'm not saying he's got to go, I want him to stay.... but he has to change his philosophy to what suits the players signed and how to get the best out of them from what scouting they did to want to bring them here.

torchomatic

One way of playing, no clue how to change the pattern of play and blatantly has his favourites. McNulty should never pull a shirt on for us again, absolute disgrace, how he stayed on for 90 minutes is beyond me! Shipley for Jones left me scrathing my head when we have Vincenti sitting there?! Clearly doesn't like Pontecelli, or he he just being stubborn? Another weekend ruined by the football!

6 hours and counting.....

I think we will do ok. Get promoted in May - think we will play Exeter. Vincenti will leave (Macclesfield?), McNulty will come good, get around 28 goals but will probably be sold to a Championship club such as Reading. Then again....probably all rubbish. Ignore me.

D

Deleted member 2477

Has the clock started ticking again ?
Strange how you only hear from these posters when we lose

ccfcway

A great example of the fact that MR knows considerably more on how to manage a football team and get success than any of the people on here

Mucca Mad Boys

A great example of the fact that MR knows considerably more on how to manage a football team and get success than any of the people on here

McNumpty isn’t fit to wear the shirt... I’ve never like the phrase ‘not fit to wear the shirt’.

Threads like this go a long way in showing how football fans are generally too emotional to make a well reasoned analysis on the game.

Nick

Administrator
McNumpty isn’t fit to wear the shirt... I’ve never like the phrase ‘not fit to wear the shirt’.

Threads like this go a long way in showing how football fans are generally too emotional to make a well reasoned analysis on the game.

It also shows hindsight is great, obviously McNulty wasn't a shit player at that time but the system and the other players he was being put up front with didn't suit him.

Mucca Mad Boys

It also shows hindsight is great, obviously McNulty wasn't a shit player at that time but the system and the other players he was being put up front with didn't suit him.

It’s also jumping the gun very quickly. Fans are too reactionary in their outlook on results and performances. A game that sticks out in my mind is Chesterfield away, many slated McNulty and I noted that whilst he should’ve scored, he played well and looked like someone who’d turn around his fortunes. No one expected he’d score 28, but I never doubted he’d score goals for us. It really is a case of trusting the process. Likewise with Chaplin, he’s shown he has good finishing in his toolbox (from offside goals), and it’s a matter of time until he gets into a groove.

I remember dismissing Callum Wilson before his breakthrough season, he was set to be released by MR and had a bad preseason game where SP wanted to ‘rip up his contract’. He got off to a good start that season and now is a capped England goalscorer. I also was disgusted Leicester spent £1,000,000 on a non-league player from Fleetwood, a certain Jaime Vardy. That’s when I decided not to play armchair manager.

Nick

Administrator
It’s also jumping the gun very quickly. Fans are too reactionary in their outlook on results and performances. A game that sticks out in my mind is Chesterfield away, many slated McNulty and I noted that whilst he should’ve scored, he played well and looked like someone who’d turn around his fortunes. No one expected he’d score 28, but I never doubted he’d score goals for us. It really is a case of trusting the process. Likewise with Chaplin, he’s shown he has good finishing in his toolbox (from offside goals), and it’s a matter of time until he gets into a groove.

I remember dismissing Callum Wilson before his breakthrough season, he was set to be released by MR and had a bad preseason game where SP wanted to ‘rip up his contract’. He got off to a good start that season and now is a capped England goalscorer. I also was disgusted Leicester spent £1,000,000 on a non-league player from Fleetwood, a certain Jaime Vardy. That’s when I decided not to play armchair manager.

Most people are pointing out that Chaplin isn't suited to the role he is playing rather than saying that he is shit. It's the same as Kelly last season, he played 20 yards further up the pitch and he was a different player to the one we saw pretty much at Right Back.

The process that got McNulty scoring was that he sacked Nazon off and changed the system so that he was up front with Biamou who did all of the dirty work to make space and to provide the 2nd balls for McNulty.

It's not jumping the gun to point things out and post observations is it?

Mucca Mad Boys

Most people are pointing out that Chaplin isn't suited to the role he is playing rather than saying that he is shit.

The process that got McNulty scoring was that he sacked Nazon off and changed the system so that he was up front with Biamou who did all of the dirty work to make space and to provide the 2nd balls for McNulty.

It's not jumping the gun to point things out and post observations is it?

Considering he’s scored two in the last 6 league games, I don’t think he’s doing too badly. We play badly and people resort to the typical ‘is Chaplin worth 500k’ and other nonsense. In 50+ game seasons, we have bad games. As a recently promoted team who are 10th, we’re doing well with a v young team that will only improve.

Nick

Administrator
Considering he’s scored two in the last 6 league games, I don’t think he’s doing too badly. We play badly and people resort to the typical ‘is Chaplin worth 500k’ and other nonsense. In 50+ game seasons, we have bad games. As a recently promoted team who are 10th, we’re doing well with a v young team that will only improve.

So people go to watch the matches and discuss what they see?

It's too hard to judge Chaplin as a striker while he is pretty much playing in midfield.

Not really sure what points you are trying to make? It still doesn't mean people can't make observations.

stevefloyd

Also didnt Robins say that Chaplin had never played so many games on the bounce before? Give him time he will start scoring....thats for when this gets bumped

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

I went to Chesterfield and remember thinking exactly the same about McNulty at that point. Im glad he ultimately came good but i can see why people were getting impatient at the start he made.

Nick's made a very valid point about switching his partner up front too, fingers crossed JCH and chaplin can click soon.

Nick

Administrator
I went to Chesterfield and remember thinking exactly the same about McNulty at that point. Im glad he ultimately came good but i can see why people were getting impatient at the start he made.

Nick's made a very valid point about switching his partner up front too, fingers crossed JCH and chaplin can click soon.

Chaplin just needs to be closer to JCH for the second ball. Even if he doesn't win the header he should be gambling to try and get onto the ball.

steve82

Ironically a similar situation to last year, changed the system and played the players in a system that suited...... the was a constant upturn in performances and goals scored, his man he said would get 20 goals did when he played him with Biamou further up the pitch not asking him to drop searching and linking just like Chaplin is now

Now it wasn’t all just down to that, McNulty’s confidence rocketed too when the team clicked in the system that suited them all.

So please bye bye 4231.... hello 442!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I think Burge should get forward more. He's always hanging around the goal area.

ccfcway

It's just you are always happy with any performance and like to argue with anyone who isn't.

again, what are you on about. Draw or lose and i'm never happy, just understand that we cant win every game and want to be positive as we are on the up, not the other way round....

covcity4life

again, what are you on about. Draw or lose and i'm never happy, just understand that we cant win every game and want to be positive as we are on the up, not the other way round....
But that's trolling . You got angry with people who We r unhappy with 2 cup displays. Then when I mentioned if we lose to Burton that's 3 losses in a row you rubbished it. There seems to be no situation where you are happy for a cov fan to be critical of a performance. And that's all it is btw analysis and reaction. If someone is going OTT saying players and robin's should be sacked off back of a bad result then everyone would rightly roll their eyes at that. You roll eyes over anything.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

But that's trolling . You got angry with people who We r unhappy with 2 cup displays. Then when I mentioned if we lose to Burton that's 3 losses in a row you rubbished it. There seems to be no situation where you are happy for a cov fan to be critical of a performance. And that's all it is btw analysis and reaction. If someone is going OTT saying players and robin's should be sacked off back of a bad result then everyone would rightly roll their eyes at that. You roll eyes over anything.

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread