Prehistoric Robins and his favourites! (2 Viewers)

kdrinkell

Robins should never been allowed 'back' through the door

thekidfromstrettoncamp

I don't think Colchester threatened our goal once. Not excusing what was another poor display by us.
I did not see us threaten theirs nether there were at least 2 times where Haynes crossed the ball and there was only 1 in the box your not going to score like that our strikers don't think like strikers should.

Clearly the system isn't working and until Robins changes that then I can't see how things will turn around before January. Without doubt time to drop McNulty and try something else. Given the embarrassment of centre backs we've got 3-5-2/5-3-2 seems the most natural change in system with Biamou partnered up from by somebody who's sole role is to get shots on goal. Crying out for somebody to assist Doyle and Kelly in the middle of the park too. If Andreu hadn't got injured I'm convinced that things would be a bit better than they are now.

Hobo

In the lowest division i've seen us in, playing the worst football i've ever seen us play and seems to be getting worse every week?! Wasn't this season supposed to be fun?!

"Wasn't this season meant to be fun?"
Was that your press release or the clubs?

Speng

It’s very worrying that robins was a striker and doesn’t seen to be worried that we are not scoring goals ,
When They went down to 10 he should have gambled ,
Seems to very stubborn on the pont situation to me, he knows we all want him to have game time , surly hes gonna give us more options than Bev ?
Our strikers are absolutely awful ,
Not gonna win many more games with these clowns up front ....

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Further to us not threatening their goal match stats 9 shots by us 10 by them we got 0 on target they got 3.again I question what goes on at Ryton in the week . On the Ponti situation at about 80 minutes he looked as though he was ready to come on only to put his top back on.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Further to us not threatening their goal match stats 9 shots by us 10 by them we got 0 on target they got 3.again I question what goes on at Ryton in the week . On the Ponti situation at about 80 minutes he looked as though he was ready to come on only to put his top back on.
Because if he came on and played shit he might have to leave him in the team, because the manager has every confidence in him to turn it around.

Well that's the Managers excuse for playing McNulty , apparently !!!

Warwickhunt

I think the players are good enough but the system isn't working at all, we need to sort out the huge gap in the middle.
He bought the player to do that role and he got injured for the rest of the season ! It's typically CCFC bad karma as usual

Warwickhunt

I l question the stats in the first place I do not see where Colchester has 10 shots at goal and 3 on target. Nill by city on target what a load of bollox

Sky Blue Harry H

Nearly anything that we 'create' comes from Grimmer's forays down the right wing ball into the box, or Nazon/Jones beating a man. Haynes looks like he will add to that. It is nearly all from out wide, rarely down the middle. We do not, however, have the aerial threat at centre forward to capitalise. We could do with a centre forward who could hold up the ball for the team to get around - but not sure we have that. I would stick with Biamou (who does win headers) to get on the end of the crosses that are coming in. We have to play Haynes wide left- with Stoles behind him (especially if Jones is out) as at least his natural inclination is to take players on - and Nazon aside, nobody else does. Haven't given up on any of our players, although Shipley's crosses were mainly food and drink for the keeper, and he was disappointing for me.

Nick

Administrator
It really worries me how he says he has thrown everything at the opposition. Was he not watching yesterday? Did he not realise they had a man sent off?

stupot07

It really worries me how he says he has thrown everything at the opposition. Was he not watching yesterday? Did he not realise they had a man sent off?
Why not throw willis or rod McDonald up for the last 5 if we were going yo pepper crosses in.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

ceetee

Because that increases the chance of the opposition stealing a goal from a breakaway I guess

stevefloyd

Andreu missing is definitely costing us atm, unless we manage to sign some free player from somewhere its gonna be a case of mix and match for the foreseeable future, who knows what if any money is left to strengthen, probably need 1 or 2 sold in the transfer window because it dont look like we are getting in enough through the turnstiles. Who knows what 1 player could do for us in terms of linking things up between midfield and strikers, we could do with someone whos good at poker

ceetee

I know Stevenson seems to have gone backwards since his multi million sale to Brentford, but surely he has the ability to play as the linking midfielder especially if he is given as much time as McNulty has been given

Adge

I know Stevenson seems to have gone backwards since his multi million sale to Brentford, but surely he has the ability to play as the linking midfielder especially if he is given as much time as McNulty has been given
Stevenson has had 18 months-2 years and hasn't done it. McNulty (isn't doing it) and has had 10-12 games.
I'm just hoping we can get to Jan and be in touch and readdress things then. Andreau was the key player but unfortunately got injured.

Nick

Administrator

It doesn't matter who it is, Stevenson when he played was still sat back at DM.

hinckley cov

People keep saying Andreu would of been the key player but no one knows if he would of been any better than the rest,,

steve82

Felt we missed Biamou's link up play yesterday, and typically the first time all season we get behind the fullbacks and cross a few early balls in the box for our 5"7' strikers to attack.

Too much square pegs in round holes to stick with his system. His ability to adjust is gonna be costly to us or him if this continues much longer.

Nick

Administrator
Felt we missed Biamou's link up play yesterday, and typically the first time all season we get behind the fullbacks and cross a few early balls in the box for our 5"7' strikers to attack.

Too much square pegs in round holes to stick with his system. His ability to adjust is gonna be costly to us or him if this continues much longer.

Exactly, all of our pressure was from balls being whipped in. Especially when he brings on Shipley who then instantly takes all set pieces.

What's the point when they have 2 massive defenders and we have Beavon and McNulty?

I don't think we won a single header (attacking) yesterday did we?

Why did he not think "All of this pressure is coming with crosses going into the box, we should really take a man off at the back now they have taken off a striker to get somebody up front to get onto the end of them or cause a nuisance".

Instead, he stood and watched with his hands in his pockets while everybody else thought that.

Robins can moan about people on Twitter and social media all he likes, maybe he can get on there at half time asking for ideas on what to do.

steve82

Exactly, all of our pressure was from balls being whipped in. Especially when he brings on Shipley who then instantly takes all set pieces.

What's the point when they have 2 massive defenders and we have Beavon and McNulty?

I don't think we won a single header (attacking) yesterday did we?

Why did he not think "All of this pressure is coming with crosses going into the box, we should really take a man off at the back now they have taken off a striker to get somebody up front to get onto the end of them or cause a nuisance".

Instead, he stood and watched with his hands in his pockets while everybody else thought that.

Robins can moan about people on Twitter and social media all he likes, maybe he can get on there at half time asking for ideas on what to do.

Things are becoming more and more questionable under Robins unfortunately. Firstly the team selection of playing two attacking full backs and having no height in the box when Biamou and me have been crying out for these balls for him to attack, so he plays Grimmer and Haynes and puts McNulty, Beavon and Nazon somewhere up top ( on a white board at least) to get on these balls. McNulty found one once early on that the keeper gathered easily.

Second Shipley on for JJ instead of Vincenti? Vincenti has 2 assists and a goal to his name already this season and would add height to any attack. Why not bring him on who's very experienced in trying to find openings especially in a stuttering attack that in all honesty hasn't really done it all season.

Third decision, has to be the reluctance to use Ponticelli, why? I wasn't one calling for him to be given a go so much but yesterday was a good time to try him out which McNultys confidence looking shot largely down to Robins himself by fitting him in anywhere into a system that don't suit him to avoid dropping him.

Is Robins refusal to use ponticelli a admission we're not putting the ball in the right areas for a rookie striker to feed off so is rightfully protecting him at this stage of his development. I think so I highlighted this was a issue for me before Yeovil game, and still our approach play hasn't changed to suit the players he continues to select.

MR really has to change the system he is so stuck with, or it could be curtains for him with people quickly turning after over 7 hours with no goal, and a "league goal of the month" contender.

skyblueinBaku

Text a sub? :emoji_laughing:

Nick

Administrator
It was obvious after 5 minutes we had nothing up front to make the ball stick. Every single goal kick / free kick that came from us went straight back at us.

Shipley's strength seems to be getting a cross on, which is great when you have players in the box who's strength is getting onto crosses and making a nuisance.

Bringing Ponticelli on will rarely make much difference, as he is the type who wants to play off the last man and make runs in and then finish one on one. I said against FGR the runs he was making and nobody looked up to pick him out.

dongonzalos

We need to keep Robins. We have had far far too many manger changes over the years.
He has made a big mistake with McNulty.
However as a team and a squad generally he has moved us up a notch.
Especially defensively.
I think he knows he needs s new striker and I am hoping he will do it in January.

Users who are viewing this thread