Predicted Finish (1 Viewer)

Winny the Bish

Been seeing a lot of doom and gloom around here after our pre-season win-less run so I just wanted to ask:

Where do people think City will finish in the table this year?

With the squad the way it is at the moment I'm going with a completely uninspiring 15th. No relegation battle but also no playoff race.

pusbccfc

Current squad 17th.

You just know what will happen though, Armstrong will be bagging for fun, then in six months time he leaves and we will be in the shit!

Astute

Third place for me.

TM has put the squad together like some of us thought he would. And Armstrong is a great signing. A Newcastle mate told me that they wanted to see him have a run in the team. But his best role is as striker so needed a brave manager. Bangs them in for fun. Come to our club to be playing each game. And if we are doing well we will get to keep him after the 6 months. They love to see their young players do well in a team that wins something. Great confidence boost.

Anyone can have a good show on YouTube. But how many are only 18 and have come through the England setup whilst gaining a bit of Prem experience for a big club? Him and Tudgay could well hit it off. And we will have to see whatever other strikers come in. And hopefully a GK as well. A spare one from a top club that comes to us for experience maybe.

I am quite happy about the rest of the first team. It will be good enough to be able to beat most opponents. The rest of it will come down to how many injuries / suspensions we get and how well the kids do as they step up. But most clubs have the same problem at our level.

If TM can manage to bring in a good striker to play with Armstrong and a GK and be lucky with injuries I fancy us for top 2. And yes I am sober.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Otis

Pushing top 6.

Hopefully, ending up in the top 6 with a bit of luck.

Fingers heavily crossed.

Just remember how much of a difference Grant Ward made. Just needs a couple of really good loan signings to make all the difference.

skybluelee

Genuinely think we will finish top 6. Everything about Mowbray oozes class and his approach to making signings has been measured and sensible given our financial position. I fully expect 3 more loanees of the best possible quality that a lg 1 team could reasonably be expected to make.

Our atarting XI then would take some stopping with a reasonable amount of squad depth as well.

The 45 year wait could well be over come May.

Hobo

TM hasn't finished bringing people in yet. I said he will need three transfer windows to build the side he wants.

Crawley have just signed two strikers perhaps that will allow another player to leave who knows. I like the fact TM is not rushing. I said 5 signings and three loans with his budget. That leaves him still 2 signing and two loans to make plus the option of a deal using Swanson. I am not counting Stokes as he was already here and on the budget.

I predict a 12th to 10th finish which would be good progress.

But depending on who he manages to get, a bit of luck with injuries and form, with the right people developing we may sneek an 8th to 6th finish. Which would be amazing.

Last edited:

matesx

Bookies have us 8th (on average)

about right for me 8th to 12th

stupot07

Current squad 14-15th, one or 2 additions 8-12th.

TM has said this is probably a 2 year project and looking at at the squad which still lacks goals (I don't care what someone's done at academy level), pace and penetration, and I still think our defence has 1-2 big mistakes per game in them and we lack squad depth, so at the minute I can't see us challenging top 6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

Sick Boy

About 10th.

Talk of promotion is a little optimistic and will end up putting unnecessary pressure on the players.

hill83

Impossible to say really. But if we finish in the top half I'll crack one out on cathedral lanes roof.

skybluetony176

Top half of the table. There's no chance our current squad won't be added to. Depending on the effectiveness of those additions hopefully pushing for a top six. TM highlighted before these friendlies where we needed to make additions and the friendlies have proved him right. Keep the faith.

rupert_bear

Top six, anything less not good enough for me, we have a better squad now without any more additions a number of young players have 12 months experience or more now Squad is a bit thin but I suspect most in this division are in the same boat

Otis

Top half of the table. There's no chance our current squad won't be added to. Depending on the effectiveness of those additions hopefully pushing for a top six. TM highlighted before these friendlies where we needed to make additions and the friendlies have proved him right. Keep the faith.

Agree.

Can understand why some are being cautious, but I have faith in Mowbray and I'm confident that the loans we will bring in will be of quality.

You have to remember the likes of Chesterfield and Fleetwood were challenging the top 6 for much of the season, Walsall and Oldham too.

Of course we can challenge for the top 6. We do still need a couple of really good loan signings though. Let's wait and see if we get them.

Skyblueweeman

10-17 I reckon. I have a feeling we're going to get thumped first game of the season. Wigan at home is probably the worst fixture we could've hoped for. Wigan away would've been better.

If we get thumped, the good will will quickly disappear.

Sorry to be negative...not my style, but...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

simonregis

For years we have had managers who were training to be managers but we now have a guy who knows what he is doing. Top 2 for me.

Avoiding any prolonged spells of injury for key players, I think top ten. Throw in a couple more strong loanees and we may push for the playoffs, although I doubt we'll be good enough or maintain any form for long enough periods to go up.

rupert_bear

I think Wigan and Millwall are the best fixtures to kick off with both expected to be strong challengers and any points from them a bonus

Clive Bleakin

They love to see their young players do well in a team that wins something.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

That explains why he left Newcastle then.

47 years and counting since a trophy...and they still claim to be a big club?

I think the Armstrong signing is great. The only concern I have is blooding an 18 year old in a Third Division campaign.

Newcastle have sent young strikers on loan at this level before (one example is Adam Campbell to Carlisle) and they have found it tough going.

I hope he has the desire on a Tuesday night at Fleetwood....

Clive Bleakin

I do agree though that playing Wigan and Millwall first up is not too bad.

The issue is that we should be physical against them - which they would not prefer - but I don't think we are built that way.

I can see us playing nice football but getting bullied by some bigger physical teams.

On that basis, I can't see us challenging for the play offs

Skyblueweeman

For years we have had managers who were training to be managers but we now have a guy who knows what he is doing. Top 2 for me.

I'm pretty sure Boothroyd, Dowie, Coleman etc all had decent experience when they joined. Only really SP could be regarded as a 'trainee' manager.

Users who are viewing this thread