Pre Season 22/23 (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Harry H

Scary how quickly this will come around. Hope Ben Sheaf can recover in time for the start of the season; have we had an update on the nature of his injury?

Edit: I've just doubted myself now - am I mixing him up with Josh Eccles (who I know also picked up a nasty injury)

Somebody put me out of my misery - did Ben Sheaf end the season with an injury?!?

CovLad94

Scary how quickly this will come around. Hope Ben Sheaf can recover in time for the start of the season; have we had an update on the nature of his injury?

Edit: I've just doubted myself now - am I mixing him up with Josh Eccles (who I know also picked up a nasty injury)

Somebody put me out of my misery - did Ben Sheaf end the season with an injury?!?
He (Sheaf) tore ankle ligaments, was out for the stoke game

WGABSOOS

Has that been confirmed? I'm guessing if so it'd be down to ensuring the pitch remains in optimal condition, as the games don't even start until 28th July.
Well they need to prep the stadium and they only come back from spain on weekend of the 10th. The first game is also away so definitely won't be a home friendly

Legia Sky Blue

We don’t need to learn the same lesson that opponents’ calibre or results have ZERO effect on our season. Dare say a few will get all wrapped up in it though. Again.

Not a chance. Once we lose to one of the teams in a league below us, which on previous experience of pre seasons been and gone, we inevitably will, the doom and gloom merchants will be out in force

Sky Blue Harry H

Yes that is correct. Need to start well away or could be playing catch up with pre season optimism disappearing quickly

Last 4 away games of the season Birmingham W 4-2. Fulham W3-1, WBA D0-0, Stoke D1-1

Not the end of the earth if we start the season with 2 away games!

Mucca Mad Boys

Our away form upheld our top half position in the end

Our away form was the 8th best in the division and it was actually our home form that lagged behind. Our home form in 20/21 season was marginally better despite our blistering start.

We dropped a lot of silly points at home and if that’s tidied up, I’m confident we can improve on last seasons result.

Esoterica

Third season in a row where our away form has been dire until December and then massively picked up after New Year. Need to find a way of making sure that doesn’t happen again this year if we want to push on.
What would you put that down to?

Legia Sky Blue

What would you put that down to?

Is it just coincidental? It is undeniable though that our away form has followed the same pattern over the last 3 seasons, with even our promotion season not producing an away win until Christmas time. Hopefully MR can find the solution and have us firing away from home much earlier next season.

Last edited:

rob9872

I think our early season away from is a combination of young team, new players, confidence, adapting to how teams set up, not having as much of the ball as we're used to and generally learning on the job. I guess that's true for many sides not just us, hence could in part explain our good start at home. We need to adapt and I think less changes and a more settled side we could kick on earlier this time. The issue would be strength in depth again and if we rely on players for lots of games without back up, we will suffer later on in the season when injuries and suspensions kick in, even without the inevitable loss of form in some.

Users who are viewing this thread