Port Vale (Home) Match Thread (1 Viewer)

D

Deleted member 2477

Team news ?

ccfc92

Not encouraging, that.

Thought he only had a slight injury, but now it seems he's being rested for some reason. Might be on his way, lads.

Maybe, but TM did say it was 50/50 he'd play. I think he'd rather rest him today than losing him for longer.

Otis

Yeh this is probably mowbrays plan I reckon. I know it's not necessarily best for us in the short term if we have a better player on the bench, but Mowbray has only got these great loan players in because he has a really good reputation. If his deal with Liverpool for Kent was that he would be in the starting line up where possible I understand him starting him ahead of lameiras until he goes in Jan. As frustrating as that may be for us, it's him looking after these lads that let's him bring them in in the first place

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Well yep and it could be crucial to our bringing other talented Premier League players on loan.

Clubs are going to look and see that Mowbray is a bloke who is going to pick their kids and play them. If TM kept these loan players on the bench then they wouldn't be getting game time and this is exactly what the host club DON'T want.

Now, when Kent goes back PL managers are going to trust Mowbray with any kids they let us have.

Otis

Could be Fleck on his way for sure. Okay, it's reading between the lines, but supposed interest, he's out of contract in the summer, it's the Jan window in 6 days and he's not playing again.

Not a giant leap to make is it!

mechaishida

Could be Fleck on his way for sure. Okay, it's reading between the lines, but supposed interest, he's out of contract in the summer, it's the Jan window in 6 days and he's not playing again.

Not a giant leap to make is it!

Exactly my thoughts, tbh. Doesn't bode well, so this must be why Rose was signed.

I have an inkling that TM is thinking of putting Cole in Fleck's position, should the latter actually leave.

Otis

One game fitter, So Cole set to one notch higher has to be a good thing.

Sent from my LG-D405 using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 2477

Another team made around cole. Obrien was the best player last week and has made way for cole. Hes lost the plot

Otis

Cole again?

#CCFC XI: Charles-Cook (GK), Phillips, Ricketts (C), Martin, Stokes, Vincelot, Bigirimana, Lameiras, Murphy, Cole, Armstrong. #PUSB
Don't know if anyone else has picked up on this but when Clive Eakin is missing CWR are crap with team news. It's like Stuart Linnell doesn't think what team we put out is important.

Always get the news first on CWR, but that's 3 times I've had to get it off SBT when Eakin is missing.

Wouldn't be surprised if he didn't release the team news until 20 to 3.

Last edited:

mechaishida

Another team made around cole. Obrien was the best player last week and has made way for cole. Hes lost the plot

We'll see, personally I think it's a very attack-minded, positive first 11. Maddison as a game-changer on the bench, Kent to come on and unsettle the defence.

Otis

He may be carrying an injury.

Always feel it is unfair when fans criticise the manager without knowing all the facts.

Could be a virus/unwell/ carrying a knock.

Of course he could be dropped, but we can't just necessarily assume he has been dropped.

Also, it is 2 games in 3 days, so that too is a factor.

Sent from my LG-D405 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

skybluejelly

I have a bloke behind me talking crap and it's still 25 minutes until kick off .. He has an opinion on everything most of it wrong .. Let's see how long I last before I tell him to shut up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis

I have a bloke behind me talking crap and it's still 25 minutes until kick off .. He has an opinion on everything most of it wrong .. Let's see how long I last before I tell him to shut up

Oh please don't! It's a free country and I don't mean half of it and sometimes my mouth just runs away with me.

H

Huckerby

What's he saying? Up for a giggle

H

Huckerby

Lost the plot? Behave. Hope we batter them and you eat your words

stupot07

No fleck, a big loss again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Users who are viewing this thread