Port Vale (Home) Match Thread (1 Viewer)

SkyBlue_Bear83

The Bigi one was from a few yards away but his arms were flailing and flying everywhere so couldn't have complained had it been penalised, can't remember if Bigi was in the box at the moment he handled it. Murphy looked a stonewaller pen and Port Vale could have had a pen when Ikpeazu went down in a tangle.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Block 20.

Funnily enough just seen a very harsh handball given against Hamilton on ssn in a similar incident but the arms were in a natural position & the ball smashed into the guy.

Bigi looked like he was fully stretched.

David O'Day

I thought there should have been 3 pens today, 2 to them, handball by Bigi & foul just inside the box far side (tunnel side)at the end by possibly Bigi?

Then murphy should have had one when he broke into the box was past the guy and he went through Murphys back, thought AA was a bit of dive for the one he claimed.

If the "foul" on Dickinson at the end was a pen then we might as well call football off

Otis

Block 20.

Funnily enough just seen a very harsh handball given against Hamilton on ssn in a similar incident but the arms were in a natural position & the ball smashed into the guy.

Bigi looked like he was fully stretched.
I'm in 20 too, but I couldn't see Bigi's arm extended.

shmmeee

The Bigi one was from a few yards away but his arms were flailing and flying everywhere so couldn't have complained had it been penalised, can't remember if Bigi was in the box at the moment he handled it. Murphy looked a stonewaller pen and Port Vale could have had a pen when Ikpeazu went down in a tangle.

That one was outside the area and blasted at him wasn't it?

If you've giving stuff like that, you've got to give about 3 pens to us and a bajillion free kicks.

Edit: read a few more posts, I'm not talking about the same one, not sure I saw that one.

Last edited:

shmmeee

Who are you planning on replacing Armstrong?

Our only consistent goal threat throughout the whole season.

Except he's not. I'd put Murphy in, or Tudgay, or Joe Cole. Let's face it our front 4 rotate anyway.

I think he's a young kid, away from home at Christmas, in a run of bad form and trying too hard. He needs to be taken out, given a rest, allowed to go home for a week or something, then bring him back in. We also need to have a plan B in case he goes/gets injured. If I was Mowbray I'd have dropped him today and told him to go home and see his family.

He's barely scored away and at home offers very little when he's not scoring.

SkyBlue_Bear83

That one was outside the area and blasted at him wasn't it?

If you've giving stuff like that, you've got to give about 3 pens to us and a bajillion free kicks.
Couldn't remember if it was in the box or not, I don't think it does mean you have to give a bjillion free kicks. If you're raising your arms and waving them around and it hits the arms then I think that should be handball.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Except he's not. I'd put Murphy in, or Tudgay, or Joe Cole. Let's face it our front 4 rotate anyway.

I think he's a young kid, away from home at Christmas, in a run of bad form and trying too hard. He needs to be taken out, given a rest, allowed to go home for a week or something, then bring him back in. We also need to have a plan B in case he goes/gets injured. If I was Mowbray I'd have dropped him today and told him to go home and see his family.

He's barely scored away and at home offers very little when he's not scoring.
Who else is a consistent goal threat then? the maximum amount of games Armstrong has gone without scoring this season is three consecutive games. Who else can boast such a record and has been a consistent goal threat this season. The answer is nobody.

Is he really on that bad run of form? 3 games without scoring is hardly a crisis, it was only the Doncaster match when he converted a half chance for us. 5 goals in his last 8 games

Grendel

You really wouldn't drop Armstrong - you dispense with the cole experiment and Bigiamara and bring back Madison and JOB and the chances return and so will goals.

stupot07

I thought there should have been 3 pens today, 2 to them, handball by Bigi & foul just inside the box far side (tunnel side)at the end by possibly Bigi?

Then murphy should have had one when he broke into the box was past the guy and he went through Murphys back, thought AA was a bit of dive for the one he claimed.

Yeah, that's what I thought.

thats said just seen the Murphy incident again and I'm not so sure now

Last edited:

skybluefred

Well we are promised a better couple of days but it's due to start again on wednesday, Wish I had had a snorkel for xmas lol.

Vital 3 points today with Walsall & the Gills winning.

Best wishes for the new year to you & your family--Play up Sky Blues.

Johnnythespider

None of theirs were penalties, all of ours were penalties. Here endeth the first lesson in how to be a sky blues fan

stupot07

But what about the Cole one?

On CWR they were saying that was the strongest claim of the lot.

I can't remember that one. Tbf cwr was also saying Murphy was their MOTM.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

covcity4life

Read this thread without signing in all day..wouldA thought we were losing 3 nil by the negativity

We won And we could even argue we unlucky not to win 3 in a row considering sheff utd disallowed goal and oldham foul goal

We may not be playing great but If this is our bad.patch results wise it.proba.bodes well

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

With regards to pen decisions, I was initially sat block 26 but there was 6 of us who were split up so we headed to the west stand to find 6 together. My brother was in line with the one early second half (possibly Murphy I was finishing a beer) and said it was stone wall. I was up by the vale fans. The handball looked to me as 'seen them given' bracket but had it beengivena pen for or against us I wouldn't be happy. His arms may have been slightly out but the ball was smashed at him from two yards. The bigi 'rugby' tackle wasn't a pen in anyway shape or form. Guy just fell over and bigi fell on top of him

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Otis

I can't remember that one. Tbf cwr was also saying Murphy was their MOTM.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)
Joe Cole jumped for the ball on the 6 yard box and their defender came in behind him and knocked him to the ground. It was only a few seconds later that Armstrong had his appeal.

And as for MOTM, Dele Adebola said he wasn't sure and it was difficult and then went for Murphy, but it was as an afterthought.

Murphy was dreadful first half, but then our best attacking threat in the second.

Anyway, the Cole one both Eakin and Adebola said it was a clear arm in the back and it knocked Cole over.

From my angle I just saw him go over and appeal.

Otis

Didn't look much in the Armstrong and Cole appeals to me, thought Murphy was a stonewall pen
Well yep, that's the one I thought was a clear penalty. Didn't think there was anything at all in the Armstrong one.

covcity4life

Just watched highlights and it didn't look so bad. That's highlights point inguess!!

But looked like cole looked alot more like we want him too? That 360 spin was sublime a d he turned a few defenders inside and out too. Think we should see alot more in january if he stays

Murphy looked like a beast 2nd half it seems. His runs are ridiculously satisfying.

And pure class from Maddison fir the goal. Next 2 years I thibk hell spend with cov. Let's hope they are enjoyable

Users who are viewing this thread