Poll: Who should be next manager of Coventry City? (2 Viewers)

Who should be next manager of CCFC

• Total voters

1nilandwe...

Thank you. A word of advice though, don't read the forums here. And don't send anybody you love here either.
This place is haunted. Haunted!!!!!
Wretched souls stalk the threads. Dead topics resurrect without warning and spout vitriol and bile. Stay away kind stranger! Stay away!

Barney2477

Fairly certain it will be Brian Laws. Heard him talking prior to the Forest game yesterday and he said he was mulling over an offer over the weekend and would make a decision tomorrow. He never said Coventry but I can't think of too many other jobs he would want or be in for.

Ccfcisparks

Fairly certain it will be Brian Laws. Heard him talking prior to the Forest game yesterday and he said he was mulling over an offer over the weekend and would make a decision tomorrow. He never said Coventry but I can't think of too many other jobs he would want or be in for.

Well done for making the most daft suggestion that has been posted on this forum.

Barney2477

Well done for making the most daft suggestion that has been posted on this forum.

Why is it a daft suggestion pray tell? He has a record of getting a club out of league one on a budget which is exactly what is needed i'd say. Those that think Ince, Wise or Davies is coming without being promised serious money, which isn't there, are dreaming. Why do you think an absolute nobody was the last manager? Coventry are in Division 3 and need a manager who can get them out of it.

stupot07

Why is it a daft suggestion pray tell? He has a record of getting a club out of league one on a budget which is exactly what is needed i'd say. Those that think Ince, Wise or Davies is coming without being promised serious money, which isn't there, are dreaming. Why do you think an absolute nobody was the last manager? Coventry are in Division 3 and need a manager who can get them out of it.

It says on wiki that he's promoted out of league 2 twice with scunthorpe but nothing about league one

Barney2477

It says on wiki that he's promoted out of league 2 twice with scunthorpe but nothing about league one

Sorry, yes you are right. He was offered the Wednesday job the year Scunny were promoted. That said, he last them either top or very near the top of league one that year. He had built a very good side as well, Sharp and Keogh to name two. Did alright at Wednesday, again on a very tight budget. I think he would be a very solid appointment.

Ccfcisparks

Sorry, yes you are right. He was offered the Wednesday job the year Scunny were promoted. That said, he last them either top or very near the top of league one that year. He had built a very good side as well, Sharp and Keogh to name two. Did alright at Wednesday, again on a very tight budget. I think he would be a very solid appointment.

Had a horrendous time at Burnley, Win ratio's are no where near as good as the supposed "Final 3"

Barney2477

I think you may be the minority that want Laws as only you have voted for him in the poll.

I'm not actually a Sky Blues fan mate so it doesn't really affect me. My opinion is just that of a football fan. I am actually a Forest supporter but I know a couple of the Coventry players and have recently started working near to Coventry so wanted to see what the locals views were on all matters football. I would like to see them do well though as you have always struck me as a decent club with decent fans. My first ever game was actually Forest v Coventry at the City Ground.

wingy

I'm not actually a Sky Blues fan mate so it doesn't really affect me. My opinion is just that of a football fan. I am actually a Forest supporter but I know a couple of the Coventry players and have recently started working near to Coventry so wanted to see what the locals views were on all matters football. I would like to see them do well though as you have always struck me as a decent club with decent fans. My first ever game was actually Forest v Coventry at the City Ground.
So whats the Goss from our dressing room ,do they express any views on our basket case of a club.

Barney2477

So whats the Goss from our dressing room ,do they express any views on our basket case of a club.

Honestly don't know mate I haven't spoken with them since you sacked your manager. They were a little fed up but determined to turn it around. Couldn't quite put their finger on what was not working. They think the team is good enough but just not doing it. Very similar to the first season Forest had to be honest. I am due to meet up with them over the coming weeks as I am looking to invite them over to Coventry Greyhounds where I now work. Keep your chins up gents, it will turn itself around.

Tommyart

Phil Brown: Homophobe

Didn't I hear Brown say that Pirlo had never left Italy to play abroad 'cos he was a homophobe? Wise is a nutter. Why not give Black another chance. Treated very badly last time he was in charge.

Up North Sky Blue

No Mark Robins? I said all along to people that it'll be someone who hasn't been mentioned, the likes of Wilder, Brown and Shaw's name was thrown out there for a reason.

Users who are viewing this thread