Poll: Who should be next manager of Coventry City? (4 Viewers)

Who should be next manager of CCFC

• Total voters

@richh87

Quite a few people on this site wanting Managers who wouldn't come to us in a million years.

Redknapp? Keegan? Souness?

Get real people! :D

Dennis Wise for me; for the reasons @rich87 mentions in the other thread.

Billy Davies would be a good choice but like others have said he'd want more funds than SISU will offer.

Grendel

Confession time - who voted Phil Brown?

:D

Sky Blues

Mucca Mad Boys

Within the constraints of a large asterix (which I set out here: http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/19841-This-Forum-can-decide-the-next-City-Manager...?p=253180), I was trying to decide who to vote for and find out a bit more about some of the names. I came across the following on Tisdale and the first page made particularly stunning reading given Grendal has voted for him! ;)

http://www.exeweb.com/forums/showthread.php?53303-Just-how-exactly-do-we-get-rid-of-Tisdale

No freaking wat! Exeter's Grendal!

1nilandwe...

This list had me in stitches.
Graham Souness?!
Kevin Keegan?!
Glenn Hoddle?!?!?!?!?

Also, could we all let the Eric Black thing go now please? Yes, we like him, but he will never be our football manager. Never going to happen.

mark82

Maybe we should narrow this poll down now. Take out anyone under 5 votes and maybe add a couple of the favourites who were missed from the original poll?

Marty

I voted Wise, but Gary Neville is a good shout, hes another who has a winning mentality, Thought he was just a c**t, but when he was on MNF, he came across really well and knows the game inside out.

Leejajo

I voted Wise, but Gary Neville is a good shout, hes another who has a winning mentality, Thought he was just a c-unit, but when he was on MNF, he came across really well and knows the game inside out.
Agree with Neville, fantastic winning mentality!
While we have sisu, we have no ambition. Why would any decent manager want the job?
Think about it?
Rent reviews! All of the shit!
Why?
We should all go and support Man.U ? Let's have a bit of happiness in our life? Personally I fancy Chelsea , but hey ho! Boycott the team/ Ricoh/CCFC, until we receive something back? They sell no tickets, they have no ambition!!!!!!
Fuck em.
Nuneaton borough till I die doesn't have the same ring!
Please don't let me stray to the V word
:-(

hemelsky

Sean Dyche for me - did a great job at Watford last season on limited resources. Very unlucky to be shown the door by the new owners. As a player he always seemed a 100% committed guy and I'm sure would do a good job for Cov.

mark82

Sean Dyche for me - did a great job at Watford last season on limited resources. Very unlucky to be shown the door by the new owners. As a player he always seemed a 100% committed guy and I'm sure would do a good job for Cov.

Only thing with Dyche is whether he could reproduce that performance with a new club. He knew the players and staff very well at Watford as he was promoted from within.

Last edited:

spit

Also, could we all let the Eric Black thing go now please? Yes, we like him, but he will never be our football manager. Never going to happen.

Why not? The regime that treated him like shit is no longer here, and he knows that he is very well respected here. The only problem is that when we have needed a change he has always been employed, on this occasion he took up his new post not long ago, so compo would have to be paid. Pity Thorn wasn't sacked in January when he should have been.....

I'd have him back over any other current candidate. He'd have to deal with huge expectations, but I reckon it'd create a huge buzz at the ground, big upturn in attendances...

Grendel

Why not? The regime that treated him like shit is no longer here, and he knows that he is very well respected here. The only problem is that when we have needed a change he has always been employed, on this occasion he took up his new post not long ago, so compo would have to be paid. Pity Thorn wasn't sacked in January when he should have been.....

I'd have him back over any other current candidate. He'd have to deal with huge expectations, but I reckon it'd create a huge buzz at the ground, big upturn in attendtriong nces...

He has never been a manager since.

This implies a lack of desire from him for the role.

There is no logic behind the suggestion - just nostalgia - and like all nostalgia the picture though better than of late was not as good as some say anyway.

Otis

I said that earlier.

People seem to be championing him all of a sudden.

Where were they when this poll appeared two weeks ago? :D

The weight of opinion on GMK against Phil Brown is deafening. The apathy towards him on here two weeks ago says a lot too.

Can only guess that he was everyone's '2nd choice.' ;)

Grendel

I made a post early on this thread amazed he was anyone's first choice. Strikes me as a self publicist first and a manager second. A sort of John Bond type always look at me. Still be amazed if it's him in truth.

Miller in peace

Hello all as name suggests Miller in peace, if you do get Robins you will not go far wrong, if he had stayed with us we would be at least in championship now, he saw us through 2 admins and got us playing decent footy. Here's hoping your season turns round

UTM

Users who are viewing this thread