[POLL] How much would you be willing to pay for a ST next season? (1 Viewer)

How much? Up to...

• £300

Votes: 12 6.5%
  • £400

Votes: 116 62.7%
  • £500

Votes: 47 25.4%
  • £600

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • £700

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • £800 or more

Votes: 4 2.2%

• Total voters

Brighton Sky Blue

I think it's more that Doug King is looking at getting the clubs price position more in line with the market. Which is fair enough. We're not a L1 club anymore and the new prices should rightly reflect the club's position accordingly.

Always said no problem with that provided it’s reflected in better support for the manager and amateur clowns like Boddy being removed.

Grendel

Always said no problem with that provided it’s reflected in better support for the manager and amateur clowns like Boddy being removed.

He’s said the revenue generated goes into the club budget. I think £450 for current holders and £500 for new is reasonable and £30 a game for day purchasers

Brighton Sky Blue

We have had this every year, even with SISU not much was actually taken out.

It isn't all going to go directly to Robins as there are other running costs.

No I’m referring to the 3 consecutive transfer windows where Robins was made to work with peanuts. That is why we’re hanging on to a playoff spot instead of being in Luton or Boro’s position.

Robinshio

He’s said the revenue generated goes into the club budget. I think £450 for current holders and £500 for new is reasonable and £30 a game for day purchasers
I suspect you may be correct on average, but would expect tiered pricing from something like

375 to 500 for Early bird
425 to 550 after that

Nick

Administrator
No I’m referring to the 3 consecutive transfer windows where Robins was made to work with peanuts. That is why we’re hanging on to a playoff spot instead of being in Luton or Boro’s position.

Yes and then the next one won't be enough, then the next one ;)

The difference this year is probably going to be the big payday from Gyokeres so King's test will be where / how it's reinvested into the club. I wouldn't be surprised if the work at Ryton is being done based on that. Whacking it into club infrastructure isn't a bad thing at all though.

Robinshio

Yes and then the next one won't be enough, then the next one ;)

The difference this year is probably going to be the big payday from Gyokeres so King's test will be where / how it's reinvested into the club. I wouldn't be surprised if the work at Ryton is being done based on that. Whacking it into club infrastructure isn't a bad thing at all though.
I think MR had a clear message from the club that last summer;s transfer window was going to be a very difficult one - he has repeated that several times

But yes, the key this time will be assuming we dont go up , how will that money be reinvested

rob9872

I understand what people are saying of how we can't complain on the pitch, if we don't have funds, but without eg tiered pricing that everyone seems to do away with, there will be times we play twice at home in a week. Let's say it's November, funds pre-Christmas are limited and you're available for both games Tuesday and Saturday priced at the suggested £30. Tuesday it's Hull, Saturday it's Everton.

You simply can't charge the same and we need to encourage people to want to attend both.

In addition, the combined cost of 23 games needs be enough of an incentive to commit. I almost always miss the first game, sometimes two due to having to take holidays in August. If there were a mix of even just 2 tiers (3 was too many) at £25 & £30, so avg £27.50 x 23 games is £632.50 to buy them all individually. There will be match packages and offers along the way. I'm missing 2 (£55 off) where would the incentive be for me to commit in hard times?

I would of course, whilst accepting that I'm lucky I can, if only to remove the hassle factor, but that won't be true of everyone. It needs to max at around £475 and ideally £425 for early bird otherwise I think the increase in cost will only balance the loss in numbers sold.

WestEndAgro

£30 is way too much on Matchday imo, it would put off a large number of walk up.

Price it sensibly, £24 is about right but certainly not higher.
Hike the away support though, if they want to come they'll come.
Look after our own.

Assuming we don't hit "The promised land".

rob9872

£30 is way too much on Matchday imo, it would put off a large number of walk up.

Price it sensibly, £24 is about right but certainly not higher.
Hike the away support though, if they want to come they'll come.
Look after our own.

Assuming we don't hit "The promised land".
I don't think rules allow you to. Something about equivalent seats being available at the same cost as home fans. Also we then get screwed away. Reading tried a 'twenty is plenty' for away fans and then price matched other teams so eg we paid at Reading what they paid at the CBS. That would be better if there was a structure, eg £25 everywhere in the Championship and then it's a level playing field (barring capacities of course, but generally better supported teams end up with higher revenue anyhow).

Balli001

I don't think rules allow you to. Something about equivalent seats being available at the same cost as home fans. Also we then get screwed away. Reading tried a 'twenty is plenty' for away fans and then price matched other teams so eg we paid at Reading what they paid at the CBS. That would be better if there was a structure, eg £25 everywhere in the Championship and then it's a level playing field (barring capacities of course, but generally better supported teams end up with higher revenue anyhow).
Correct they can not charge more than home fans

Tile Hill Phil

I don’t think pay on the day should be any more than £25 flat rate for all games. I think season tickets will revert to zones blocks 19,20,21 being the most expensive. I think £450 is about right for those blocks. It’s a very fine balance though. We need to harness the enthusiasm of those non season ticket holders that went up against Blues and get them to commit to season tickets but need to get the pricing just right.

chiefdave

Adult tickets might be a bit cheaper if there wasn't so many people trying to get in on kids tickets. Not only that when they're caught out they abuse staff. Even the response to the tweet are full of people saying they're not going to pay the adult price 😡

Brighton Sky Blue

Adult tickets might be a bit cheaper if there wasn't so many people trying to get in on kids tickets. Not only that when they're caught out they abuse staff. Even the response to the tweet are full of people saying they're not going to pay the adult price 😡

The person checking mine let me in despite it being my wife's season ticket

Woolly68

Can you buy more than one season ticket in your own name? If I bought another in another’s name and they could only go occasionally could others come with me on that ticket (male or female adult ticket)? Do they have a different rule for companies that buy seats for corporate days out? Would I be any different to a company if I’m hosting different guests?

Brighton Sky Blue

Can you buy more than one season ticket in your own name? If I bought another in another’s name and they could only go occasionally could others come with me on that ticket (male or female adult ticket)? Do they have a different rule for companies that buy seats for corporate days out? Would I be any different to a company if I’m hosting different guests?
'Can I use your season ticket today Woolly?'

'Yes you can Woolly'

'That's both me by the way, not some other bloke called Woolly'

chiefdave

I think technically only you can use your season ticket but in practice I don't think there's ever been an objection to using someone else's ticket if you're in the same price category

The problem is we've seemingly got a a large number adults using kids tickets week in, week out

Reactions: MTK

Saddlebrains

Adults paying kids prices for ST's and Match tickets needs stamping out of course

Telling me i cant give mine and the kids season tickets to friends or family when we cant make midweek games due to school is a bit of a joke though

Do they want 3 empty seats? Or do they want 3 people vocally backing the lads, purchasing food and drink, a programme, something from the club shop, and maybe enjoying it that much that they go and purchase tickets for games going forward?

Pretty sure everyone on here has gave their ST away while they're on holiday, i have, yet it seems the clubs moaning about that aswell

Suggests to me we dont get the pie money in this licence agreement, otherwise they wouldn't give 2 hoots if people were getting in for a few quid less

Hertsccfc

How can anyone think this is acceptable? Literally stealing from the club. People saying they had their tickets checked five times? Really? Mine was checked once.

Reactions: MTK

rob9872

Adults paying kids prices for ST's and Match tickets needs stamping out of course

Telling me i cant give mine and the kids season tickets to friends or family when we cant make midweek games due to school is a bit of a joke though

Do they want 3 empty seats? Or do they want 3 people vocally backing the lads, purchasing food and drink, a programme, something from the club shop, and maybe enjoying it that much that they go and purchase tickets for games going forward?

Pretty sure everyone on here has gave their ST away while they're on holiday, i have, yet it seems the clubs moaning about that aswell

Suggests to me we dont get the pie money in this licence agreement, otherwise they wouldn't give 2 hoots if people were getting in for a few quid less
Agree with that. Also been the odd time dad can't make it and my wife has used it when we should've upgraded tbf, but if she had to pay more she probably wouldn't bother. When she does I can have a pint although on those occasions I've used the oap ticket as I look older and she uses mine. Using free kids ones is diff again though as they're free and a bit of a pisstake tbh, at lest dad's is about 75% cost

Sky Blue Pete

We don’t think this is an issue

Saddlebrains

We don’t think this is an issue

I hope not Pete as I've always done it as im sure have lots.

Yes it may be that once or twice a season im allowing adult family members to use the kids ST's if its a school night or we're away, but i dont feel like im doing the club over?

Yes the adults may be using a concession ST fir that game, but they always buy a beer or 2 and some food, always get a programme and on occasion have picked something little up for the kids from the club shop. I just feel thats surely better then 3 empty seats

Appreciate its hard to decipher genuine occasions like that though from people taking the piss regularly.

Balancing act i suppose 🤷

Sky Blue Pete

I hope not Pete as I've always done it as im sure have lots.

Yes it may be that once or twice a season im allowing adult family members to use the kids ST's if its a school night or we're away, but i dont feel like im doing the club over?

Yes the adults may be using a concession ST fir that game, but they always buy a beer or 2 and some food, always get a programme and on occasion have picked something little up for the kids from the club shop. I just feel thats surely better then 3 empty seats

Appreciate its hard to decipher genuine occasions like that though from people taking the piss regularly.

Balancing act i suppose 🤷
I think it’s fair to ask adults not to use kids tickets

Saddlebrains

I think it’s fair to ask adults not to use kids tickets

Even the occasional ST passed to them for a game or 2 a season?
I think if they crack down on that then if we have Plymouth at home on a pissing down December night the attendances will take a massive pasting

Grendel

Even the occasional ST passed to them for a game or 2 a season?
I think if they crack down on that then if we have Plymouth at home on a pissing down December night the attendances will take a massive pasting

Aren't the kids tickets like £1 a game?

samccov1987

People should pay the right price but did they really need to send this out when we are on the cusp of a big game?

Like others have mentioned they could use the traffic light system to catch people out rather than inconvenience everyone. Stewards also regularly send day trippers to the wrong seats causing issues in the stands where I sit.

I get we want to maximise revenue but there are so many other things wrong with the Matchday operation think it’s a bit of a cheek digging out fans.

Robinshio

I think they should make the upgrade option easier
so if you have an unused OAP or kids ticket, give an easy online option to upgrade for a match (at the season ticket rate) - which maybe an extra £10 or so

No excuse then for not paying

Users who are viewing this thread