Poll:Attendance (2 Viewers)

How will St. Andrews impact attendance next season

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NorthernWisdom

The reality is it over 100 poll even on a wildly optimistic fan base of 40,000 it’d more representative than a MORI poll for a general election of 1,000

It’s also a lot more representative than a board member concluding as only 6 or 10 oppose him the rest of the ccfc fan base are with him.

Also far more than determining a mildly anti wasps sentiment from a pint and a pork pie group of 20 in a pub

The actual question of course is how the trust shape policy. Now they may have done many surveys to its membership but I’ve not seen any.

So if the findings are refuted I assume they will do an online survey of its membership and analyse the responses compared to on here. That’s what any professional group would do.
The six or ten is obviously nonsense. Of the (flawed) poll they recently did, there was a substantial anti-Wasps sentiment. I'd refer Neil to that if he says the six or ten line...

This place still attracts a particular set of posters however, owing to the way it's set up and posting habits, along with how debate and discussion is led (nobody likes being analysed in the third person, but this is my territory ;))

I'd agree that the Trust should probably do similar. First it probably needs to sort out its membership details however. At present it appears something of a mess, where some get the mails and some don't.

Liquid Gold

I voted for more. Had a season ticket last year as I do this but didn't use it for every game for one reason or another. This year I will ensure I make the extra effort as the players and management deserve our support, this situation is out of their control and my voice in the stands makes up for someone normally there that can't make it this year.

Joy Division

I live roughly 20 minutes walk away from St Andrews so logistically it would be easy. Don't think I will do any 'home' games though unfortunately.

Evo1883

I have respect for anybody that attends matches.

What I can't stand is people who roll out the excuse reel season after season...
And the "I had a season ticket for 30 years" brigade

Otis

Can’t help how I feel. With regards to England, for me major international tournaments are the pinocle of football. Same goes for ODI Cricket and both codes of Rugby.
Yeah, I don't find it weird. England winning the World Cup would top it all for me.

Grendel

Yeah, I don't find it weird. England winning the World Cup would top it all for me.

Strange really. I’d think it was s good laugh and another excuse for obscene alcohol consumption but compared to a ccfc win anywhere it’s a shrug of the shoulder

Evo1883

Strange really. I’d think it was s good laugh and another excuse for obscene alcohol consumption but compared to a ccfc win anywhere it’s a shrug of the shoulder

I agree, city over England every time... I do love both but in different ways.
I couldn't travel a cross the world to watch England, but I'd travel to the moon to watch city... Its a different love

covcity4life

whydopeoplecaresomuchaboutwhogoestohowmanygames?
obviously its an ego thing

but for me my only priority is watch ccfc,thats the football club. i want to see the game. i dont care if in person or on tv via ifollow/sky. watching is all that matters

walk up,drinking,singing,fighting etc means jack shit to me, so hope those that go every game are happy of course but i will be fine watching it in living room for the times i do not go.

i am a football fan first and foremost, the banter,alcohol and social aspect is not a higher priority like it is to many fans that go religiously.

Nick

Administrator
I guess how many games people went to in Coventry would be interesting to compare to how many they would at St Andrews towards the poll results.

Tommo1993

I agree, city over England every time... I do love both but in different ways.
I couldn't travel a cross the world to watch England, but I'd travel to the moon to watch city... Its a different love

I’m pretty fair weather with England I’ll have to admit. In the past our friendlies and qualifiers have bored me to sleep - with the exception of that game away at Germany in 2016(?). But World Cups and Euros I’m all over them. Would love to actually be at our games one day.

Hobo

This poll is a bit like getting a gym membership at Christmas; pretty meaningless.

It is based on what people will predict they will do and people are pretty unreliable.

This poll invites people to voice politics rather than what they will actually do and why over the course of the season.

Grendel

This poll is a bit like getting a gym membership at Christmas; pretty meaningless.

It is based on what people will predict they will do and people are pretty unreliable.

This poll invites people to voice politics rather than what they will actually do and why over the course of the season.

I don’t see what the reason for refusing to go and not saying so would be

Hobo

I don’t see what the reason for refusing to go and not saying so would be

I was thinking more the opposite, with pre season optimism, will people overstate how often they will actually go?

Alot will depend on form and style of football I think.

Grendel

I was thinking more the opposite, with pre season optimism, will people overstate how often they will actually go?

Alot will depend on form and style of football I think.

Yes to be honest though my main aim was to see the splits of non attendees and if any would even go more

The percentage going as much is probably overstated based on average crowds but i think it’s reasonable to assume those who say they are going at all will not ever fall into the 5th choice

CJ_covblaze

Nah City winning anything over England for me. Also the Ashes over the World Cup in cricket

That’s fair enough and can understand why you feel that way. The Ashes is tests, that’s why I said ODIs.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Will not be attending any home games(regular last season) as I think to take the club out of Coventry for a second time is an utter disgrace. I've seen page upon page of people blaming Wasps, CCC, The trust everybody but it is Sisu who are Custodians of MY football club and are the ones responsible for the wellbeing my team I do believe if the club itself were responsible for getting a deal and Sisu were not around a deal would have been done they are the ones no one wants to deal with . Another reason I will not be going is I'm in my seventies and the thought of traipsing all the way over to S A and back in weather like we have at the moment would be bad enough but on a snowy Tuesday in January not for me . One pleasing note from the poll is if those attending the same or more holds up attendances would be around 7000 personally I think the gates will be around 5000 with quite a large per cent being away fans . I do hope all who go see some great games.

SkyblueBazza

If it’s one yard over the border it’s one yard too many. Can’t help how I feel.
You're coming across as apologetic, but have no need.

It is a choice everyone has to make & base the decision on their own criteria - not someone else's "true supporter" logic.

I missed many games last season thanks to some personal circumstances, sadly I don't see that changing for the season ahead either. However, principle for me is it is not our home so feel exactly the same as I did about Northampton.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

That’s fair enough and can understand why you feel that way. The Ashes is tests, that’s why I said ODIs.
Aah. About the ODI World Cup, in hindsight the 4 year preparation was flawed. We built the greatest batting lineup known in cricket only to spend 4 years on roads... when the tournaments rocked up the pitches were prepared by the ICC and nothing like we played on!

theferret

It makes them feel superior

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

No it doesn't, and I have seen very little of the 'true supporter' logic you mention.

It is fine to ask questions though, and have a discussion about motives and reasons. I have friends who would attend with me at the Ricoh who are choosing not to go or perhaps only do the odd game. Fine, they were friends before and still are, but that doesn't mean I haven't discussed it with them and questioned their reasoning. I don't in any way feel 'superior', that's just insane.

I don't know why people have to be so binary about it. Somehow, by trying to understand people's motives and asking questions you are accusing people of not being a true supporter. Maybe that has been said by a few here and there (just as there is the odd person who will scream 'scab' at those who do go), but they are in the minority. In general though, there has been a lot of respect and acceptance and people are just seeing things that aren't there.

Adge

I won’t be going to SA and will be attending away games only. That is based on not agreeing with taking the football club out of the City (for the second time).
“It’s different this time” is one of the arguments I have seen being used as a makeweight and possibly a justification to attend “home” games (and too a degree yes there were/are 3 parties involved) but the fact remains that again the club has been moved out of the City of Coventry. That in itself is “not different this time” as it amounts to the same when they did it before albeit in a different location.

Users who are viewing this thread