Poll:Attendance (2 Viewers)

How will St. Andrews impact attendance next season

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pusbccfc

Ash Green isn't in Coventry.

Terry_dactyl

None of those places are in Coventry. I now live 10 mins walk from the Ricoh in Ash Green and I don’t think of myself as living in Coventry.
So if by some twist of fate Cov started playing at ‘home’ in Ash Green are you saying you wouldn’t attend games there?

GaryJones

How many “home games” do you need to attend with a season ticket to make it better value than paying on the day match by match?
For example - if I attended say 10 games all season due to logistics am I better off just paying on the day each time or buying a season ticket and leaving my seat empty on the days I can’t make it?

Nick

Administrator
How many “home games” do you need to attend with a season ticket to make it better value than paying on the day match by match?
For example - if I attended say 10 games all season due to logistics am I better off just paying on the day each time or buying a season ticket and leaving my seat empty on the days I can’t make it?
Get a match package.

I think you can miss 10 games on a st for it to be the same money wise as paying on the gate

Nick

Administrator
So if by some twist of fate Cov started playing at ‘home’ in Ash Green are you saying you wouldn’t attend games there?
Picking up the Ricoh and plonking it where the car superstore is and people suddenly wouldn't go? Very strange

CanadianCCFC

Adult early bird season tickets are the price of 13 adult single tickets this season, with the single tickets only being 20 including fees.

Terry_dactyl

Picking up the Ricoh and plonking it where the car superstore is and people suddenly wouldn't go? Very strange
Well quite. It’s a strange rationale to me. Each to their own and all that I guess. It just makes no sense to me. I can obviously understand if financial restrictions prevent this but would’ve thought if people are attending away games this doesn’t apply.
Maybe I’m a bit removed from things as I no longer in the city. However, I’ve said it before, where we lived in cov, the move to the Ricoh made it more difficult for my family to attend games than the move to Birmingham will. I include parking etc in that. That’s not to say I’m happy about not playing in cov. It’s just not that far!

GaryJones

Get a match package.

I think you can miss 10 games on a st for it to be the same money wise as paying on the gate
Just been on eticketing and clicked on memberships & packages and they don’t seem to be there!

skyblue025

Probably about the same. It's 250 miles round trip to the Ricoh so another couple of junctions of the motorway won't make much difference to me. Normally about half a dozen at the Ricoh and the same away.

Tommo1993

For those doing away only, how do you expect to get tickets for away games on limited allocations and if you have avenues to get them, do you think that's fair over a fan who is a season ticket holder and misses out?

Just get a membership for £28.60. ST holders won’t sell out away tickets.

kg82

I’ve lived abroad for the last 4 years. I’ve been to 1 game per season since I moved away. You don’t realise how much you miss it until you’re unable to go, after previously going to at least 20 games a season since probably early 90’s.
I’m moving back in September to study and all I’m thinking about is how many matches I can get to! I’ve bought a membership for my dad and I, but can’t justify a season ticket, seeing as I think I’ll be quite busy.

CJ_covblaze

Yeah. It’d be the same as if I moved to Carlisle and they moved the club there.

CJ_covblaze

CJ_covblaze

Pretty sure the club gets a 5% cut of away ticket sales. Unless it’s changed in the last couple of years (I don’t think it has).

See you away, CJ.

Will do. Hopefully Bolton can put a team out.

Covkid1968#

I can see SA from my office window... actually think I’ll go to more midweek games now as I’ll just have a beer after work and pootle along.

theferret

Ash Green isn't in Coventry.

Yes, we know that it falls just the wrong side on the imaginary boundary line, the point is that it is feels part of Coventry because it is part of the conurbation. Everyone I know puts Ash Green, Coventry on their address as that's how the PO list it (it is officially in the Coventry postal district) , nobody puts Ash Green, Nuneaton because it's 7 sodding miles away!

The point of argument was that it was said if City has a stadium in Ash Green people wouldn't go. It used to be officially part of Coventry, boundaries change.

skybluesam66

so You won’t go 18 miles but you will go 200 . Most games won’t sell out away to sth. However Imagine an away play off semi. Sth only. Imagine the complaining then!

Nick

Administrator
Yeah. It’d be the same as if I moved to Carlisle and they moved the club there.

Really? No matter who was to blame if they played 500 yards from the Ricoh down the A444 you wouldn't go?

Madness. I am sure you can see why it's nothing like moving the club to Carlisle.

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

Ive selected fewer games based on an objection moving as i arguably could make it to every home game without much more logistical effort. None of the people I usually go with have renewed their ST which is the biggest reason i won't be, i dont fancy going alone most games.

Anyhow, fingers crossed for a good season and a swift return to Coventry somehow!

harvey098

Get a match package.

I’ve got a ST and already know I miss 5 of the first 6 home games but was only an extra £80 compared to a match package and means I get the away priority.

In terms of the poll; I’d like to think I’ll attend the same (I’m a comedian and have organised my gig diary to avoid home games) but if we’re midtable with 5/6 games left and nothing to play for it’ll be difficult to find the motivation to get up there.

PCH

Fair enough. If that’s your stance. Out of interest if cov were playing in Birmingham as we were building a new stadium (in cov!) would you feel the same?
That’s a good point. If they announced they’re definitely going to build a new stadium and how they intend to do it. I believe a lot more would go.

torchomatic

Never got the "no a foot over the boundary" thing. Then again, despite this being my 47th season I have never lived in Coventry and I never will I have always travelled from Southam, then Leamington and finally for the last 20 years Warwick. I supported City as my Dad did and he started taking me on my 7th birthday in 1972. It seems strange to go and watch England a 1000 miles away, for example, yet not the team you support less than 20 miles away. Especially when you consider that this is a totally different situation to Sixfields and, in my opinion, down to Wasps and not the football club or its owners.

Then again, reminds me of those threads in the past where people on here have said they'd rather England win the World Cup than CCFC win the FA Cup or get promotion to the Premiership. Weird.

torchomatic

Really? No matter who was to blame if they played 500 yards from the Ricoh down the A444 you wouldn't go?

Madness. I am sure you can see why it's nothing like moving the club to Carlisle.

Unless it was for "business reasons" as Wasps kept stating was the reason behind their 80 mile move. The Trust would may be all over that.

Mcbean

Will go to as many as possible - first match will a train test - not my preferred route but it seems the only way for us in the boondocks

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

It’s not about who’s at fault. It’s about where we’re playing. The games are taking place where they shouldn’t be taking place.
Before I make my point, I'd like to clarify I oppose the move to St Andrews although I have bought a ST. What I am interested in is, to what extent does this go? So, for example, if there was a fire at the Ricoh and we had to groundshare in Birmingham to fulfill our fixtures would you still not go? If we got offered ground to build our own stadium on just outside the Coventry lines (like Brighton have) would you still not go? Not trying to be pedantic, just interested in to hear what different scenarios mean for those not going.

hill83

Never got the "no a foot over the boundary" thing. Then again, despite this being my 47th season I have never lived in Coventry and I never will I have always travelled from Southam, then Leamington and finally for the last 20 years Warwick. I supported City as my Dad did and he started taking me on my 7th birthday in 1972. It seems strange to go and watch England a 1000 miles away, for example, yet not the team you support less than 20 miles away. Especially when you consider that this is a totally different situation to Sixfields and, in my opinion, down to Wasps and not the football club or its owners.

Then again, reminds me of those threads in the past where people on here have said they'd rather England win the World Cup than CCFC win the FA Cup or get promotion to the Premiership. Weird.

Support your local team. Same reason we have shit loads of Man United fans in Coventry. “My dad supported them”.

Weird.

I’m half joking, we need all the fans we can get.

torchomatic

Support your local team. Same reason we have shit loads of Man United fans in Coventry. “My dad supported them”.

Weird.

I’m half joking, we need all the fans we can get.

I'd have had the choice of Southam Town, AP Leamington or Racing Club Warwick. Jeez, what a thought.

torchomatic

Glory supporter

We're on our way...we're on our way...to the Total Motion Midland Premier League we're on our way.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Will attend when and if it suits me to (have a couple of games in mind). But if i don't i won't lose any sleep over it. Not making any protest or statement in saying that. Wont tie myself to a season ticket, it just wouldn't work for me.

I have other things i can and need to do, which are more important to me now. If that means i miss out on a promotion run or cup success or Wembley then so be it, those that do go regularly will have deserved it more.

I feel worn down by the whole saga, the misleading or blatant lies told and still being told by all involved, and it has tarnished not just my connection to CCFC but to football in general. Sadly i believe those lies will continue and i am not confident of any resolution in the next few years.

after over 50 years supporting my team, the interest is there but the passion is just not the same.

So it will be less than last season but probably some for me

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread