Points for Play offs (1 Viewer)

Londonccfcfan

Our bench looked strong today. Now won 3 of the last 4...

Its definitely on.

long way home

This is only the 3rd time this season we have won two on the spin, the two previous times came in the 1 st ten games we played. So we could be hitting the winning habit at the right time we have some tough games in this block of 10, but with 5 home from the next 8 games to complete the block, 3 wins 2 draws and 3 loses would be a reasonable outcome.

If we do manage to pick up at least 11 pts from these next 8 it will put us on 61 pts, anything more than 61 with 6 games to go puts us right in there. From that point it would be 6 finals that will get bigger if we manage wins....

To even write this posts as a possibility, shows how far we have come, unbelievable really. Let's hope it rings true....

Last edited:

Londonccfcfan

74 points is around the mark for 6th place. Could be less /more.

24 points from next 14 games. Is still a tough ask. It's about 7 wins..3 draws...4 defeats. Tough ask.

Start with a win against Preston. And it looks doable

long way home

We need to keep the nucleus of this group together come summer. That is going to be tough and if it carries on pretty much impossible to keep Hamer, Vik or O hare, enjoy while we can still see them.

Brighton Sky Blue

The season wasn’t over in January and we aren’t an unstoppable force now. Lots of teams in the hunt along with us and you can see it as a blessing or a curse that in the run in we play basically all of them.

no_loyalty

We didn't want to peak too early, it's about the right time to put a decent run together.

Sky Blue Harry H

According to this, we have the toughest run in of anyone in the league...

What I do like about our run in, is the fact that we have Huddersfield and Blackburn at home. If we can do the business against them it will have the effect of pretty much bringing us level with them (potentially ahead of Huddersfield). A lot of tough games, but potentially also some like Fulham, Bournemouth, WBA, Stoke may have nothing to play for by then. It could be that Derby have effectively thrown the towel in by the time we play them. Last night's result for Reading was a killer for them imo.

nunchuckas

What I do like about our run in, is the fact that we have Huddersfield and Blackburn at home. If we can do the business against them it will have the effect of pretty much bringing us level with them (potentially ahead of Huddersfield). A lot of tough games, but potentially also some like Fulham, Bournemouth, WBA, Stoke may have nothing to play for by then. It could be that Derby have effectively thrown the towel in by the time we play them. Last night's result for Reading was a killer for them imo.

This is a more relevant point than just looking at the fixtures and saying they're tough. How much does the importance of the games at the end of the season make? It can be huge. One big positive is we won't be playing any teams fighting for their lives against relegation in the run in, other teams will have to play them.

And by the time we play Stoke and Huddersfield, for example, they could already be out of it, or already guaranteed the playoffs by then so won't be fighting as much. Also by the time we play Fulham they may be already as good as up so may take their foot of the gas a little bit. And this logic can be applied to many other games, as there's bound they be other teams who drop into midtable obscurity by the time we play them, so won't be fighting as much.

So assuming we stay in the mix until towards the end, then the teams you want to avoid are the ones with something to play for in the last 6, rather than a on paper 'good' team. As many teams Peter out at the end of a season once there's nothing to play for.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
This is a more relevant point than just looking at the fixtures and saying they're tough. How much does the importance of the games at the end of the season make? It can be huge. One big positive is we won't be playing any teams fighting for their lives against relegation in the run in, other teams will have to play them.

And by the time we play Stoke and Huddersfield, for example, they could already be out of it, or already guaranteed the playoffs by then so won't be fighting as much. Also by the time we play Fulham they may be already as good as up so may take their foot of the gas a little bit. And this logic can be applied to many other games, as there's bound they be other teams who drop into midtable obscurity by the time we play them, so won't be fighting as much.

So assuming we stay in the mix until towards the end, then the teams you want to avoid are the ones with something to play for in the last 6, rather than a on paper 'good' team. As many teams Peter out at the end of a season once there's nothing to play for.

Millwall final game of last season being a prime example!

Gibbo

City's last game in the1967 promotion season...Millwall and we won 3-1 (just sayin')

Flying Fokker

74 points is around the mark for 6th place. Could be less /more.

24 points from next 14 games. Is still a tough ask. It's about 7 wins..3 draws...4 defeats. Tough ask.

Start with a win against Preston. And it looks doable
I looked at our ppg. we are talking 72 pts

Legia Sky Blue

I don't think it will be the fixtures themselves that will prove too problematic for us, but I do think that the effects of having a relatively small squad are likely to have a negative effect on our energy levels when it comes to the crunch. The only rider on that though is that the best antidote for tiredness is winning. Retaining a positive self belief and mindset will be a common trait of whichever clubs do make it into the play offs.

Bugsy

Screenshot_20220223-183038_Chrome.jpg

We're on our way.....PUSB

D

Deleted member 2477

A couple of losns or signings in January would have really helped even if it gave us a chance of resting some of the first 11. Very short sighted of sisu when a little bit of investment not breaking the bank could potentially see the promised land of £100 mil plus coming to the club and its investors. This is probably the best chance we have

Bugsy

Had us 9th 7pts off playoffs.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

I think Middlesborough will replace Huddersfield in that prediction. They are the form team and I think we will either scrape 6th orfinish just outside the top 6

Maybe I'm being abit too generous, but I'm the optimistic type and only see us getting stronger once Godden returns....PUSB

steve cooper

A couple of losns or signings in January would have really helped even if it gave us a chance of resting some of the first 11. Very short sighted of sisu when a little bit of investment not breaking the bank could potentially see the promised land of £100 mil plus coming to the club and its investors. This is probably the best chance we have
What the hell are losns?

SkyblueTexan

Today's results didn't help. Sheff Utd, QPR Luton, Huddersfield all won. Would have been worse had we not won yesterday.

Last edited:

Walsgrave

Pretty much all of the games went against our playof push tonight, although Blackburn losing pushes us a bit closer to them. At one point they were looking to get into the automatics, which shows just how quickly things move around at the top.

FulltimeWum

Huddersfield are one of the most inept teams I've seen this season. They are still there or there abouts. Just avoid suspensions and we'll be fine.

no_loyalty

I think this season’s play off dream is probably over. We will need to win our next three games to get us back in the mix I feel.

Walsgrave

A win against Luton will put us right back in the mix. Whilst the teams around use have been keeping their points tallies up, teams that were gunning for the automatics like Blackburn and QPR are dropping back into the pack. Every team down to us has a realistic chance of getting in with a good spell of form.

skyblue1991

Fucking hell still only 4 points from the play offs

No other motivation is needed for the players. Two 6 pointers coming up and two games against those bottom half of the league

Get 9-10 points from those games and we're right in there!

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread