Points for Play offs (1 Viewer)

sylus

She will understand if you go to Wembley it's not like we make it to Wembley very often

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

i am sure she would, however, she would never speak to me again though

higgs

i am sure she would, however, she would never speak to me again though
Could you fly out the day after Wembley with your massive hangover? 24hrs to sober up and skip down the aisle knowing that the sky blues are finally back in the premier league

sylus

Could you fly out the day after Wembley with your massive hangover? 24hrs to sober up and skip down the aisle knowing that the sky blues are finally back in the premier league

that would be fabulous and my only option.

DionDublinsJockstrap

Started a spreadsheet just to get a feel for what games in hand do. Based on current PPG x 46

Fulham - 97
Blackburn - 85
Bournemouth - 83
QPR - 82
WBA - 74
Middlesbrough - 72
Huddersfield - 71
Sky Blues - 71
Forest - 71
Luton - 67
Sheff Utd - 66
Stoke - 64

Bit nerdish I know but it puts some perspective to games in hand.

It will be correct by the end of the 7th May!!!

PS - On this basis Derby will only be 2 points shy of staying up.

steve cooper

That includes our 2 wins in 12 run, which we hopefully won't suffer in the remaining games.
Obviously no scientific basis in this, but as I have been saying, suggests low points to reach top 6 this year

CDK

I think the run of games in Feb is critical and it's a good job we're almost back to full strength as we're going to need a squad to get through it. I was looking in the program last night and between 5th Feb and 26th Feb we have 7 games. That's just ridiculous and almost a game every 3 days. We looked shattered with 20 mins to go last night after playing 2 games in quick succession.
most of the teams are looking at the same sort of run of games,survival of the fittest.the League is a marathon.

skyblue1991

Despite our defeat yesterday we are still within touching distance

This season isn't over yet, but we need to start grinding out some ugly wins. All about points now

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

sylus

Despite our defeat yesterday we are still within touching distance

This season isn't over yet, but we need to start grinding out some ugly wins. All about points now

season is over now, no chance of playoffs,

skyblue1991

season is over now, no chance of playoffs,
Rubbish, course it's not over. We're 6 points away with two games in hand

I'm pissed off we didn't bring in more players in January and that we don't create enough chances in the final third but that doesn't mean we should jack it in

Reactions: AOM

sylus

Rubbish, course it's not over. We're 6 points away with two games in hand

I'm pissed off we didn't bring in more players in January and that we don't create enough chances in the final third but that doesn't mean we should jack it in

i admire your optimism, i guess thats all we have now

slowpoke

We could sneak play-offs but we’re not ready, strong finish like last season will do me I’ve seen enough to be confident with two or three better players added we can challenge strongly next season.
Going to be a strange transfer window again good players released or having to be sold. Lot of clubs still with problems I reckon.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Looks like he’s thrown in the towel. 56 points at the minimum is the target then.

To be fair he's not really throwing in the towel. It was always going to be a massively tall order - which was only made more difficult by the fact that many of the teams currently in and around the play-offs strengthened considerably in the January window.

Last edited:

AOM

It's still possible, but the lack of January business to add a bit of quality and depth has made it extremely unlikely now

Londonccfcfan

Its a bit doom and gloom at the moment, but fact is if we win our next 2 games or get around 7 points from next 3 then we wont be that far off.

Its a long hard slog, i feel with a rest of a week we will be back on it. And its mouth watering to think could see Godden and Vik together soon fingers crossed. Like to see us just go for it.

Legia Sky Blue

I feel sorry for Gyokeres right now starting every game up front on his own, playing twice a week, and us having no option but to keep him on for the full 90 minutes every game. Obviously this is part circumstance with Godden injured and Walker loaned out, but against Barnsley I would like to see us start with a strike partner. Waghorn has been fairly disappointing and I guess would be the obvious choice but I wouldn't be averse to this being the game to give Tavares a go. With his reported extra pace he could just be a better foil for Gyokeres and might ease the load on Gyokeres more than Waghorn is doing at present.

steve cooper

It has gone get over it. We got 3 points at Reading where we got lucky. Thats football.
I suggest you read the full thread.
My post was in response to CV22SBA's post no.5 saying Barnsley had only won 2 and one of them was against us.
An away defeat 2nd game of the season wouldn't have bothered me too much.

CDK

My own beliefs is we won't do it,but I will really love it if we do with a clean bill of health.really love it.

SkyblueTexan

After the long layoff in Dec, and the morale-sapping losses to QPR and Boro (despite being the better team), these last few wins despite not being entirely dominant is a very promising sign. The loss to Cardiff was one we sleep-walked into and I feared much the same outcome tonight. But I'm very glad they proved me wrong. We have to keep this momentum going now and take it one game at a time. If we can focus on ourselves and take care of business, then anything is possible (but it will be tough dislodging one of the top 6). Otherwise, as long as the effort and application is there, we can be pleased at how far we've come.

Users who are viewing this thread