Points for Play offs (1 Viewer)

Londonccfcfan

Doing some quick ppg calculations will be around 75 points. Seems about the average too going on previous season.

(Just need that 6th place).

20 games to go.

Need 10 wins. Definately doable . 1.75 ppg.

This season it's about who you beat in those 10 games. Alot of 6 pointers.

CV22SBA

Doing some quick ppg calculations will be around 75 points. Seems about the average too going on previous season.

(Just need that 6th place).

20 games to go.

Need 10 wins. Definately doable . 1.75 ppg.

This season it's about who you beat in those 10 games. Alot of 6 pointers.
I think the run of games in Feb is critical and it's a good job we're almost back to full strength as we're going to need a squad to get through it. I was looking in the program last night and between 5th Feb and 26th Feb we have 7 games. That's just ridiculous and almost a game every 3 days. We looked shattered with 20 mins to go last night after playing 2 games in quick succession.

steve cooper

I know it would be good to progress in the cup but it makes sense to rest as many players as possible against Southampton.

steve cooper

I’d imagine it’s a stretch too far
We have left ourselves a bit to do, but others are shooting themselves in the foot as well. (Stoke for instance have only won 1 of their last 5, West brom only won 1 of their last 5, Bournemouth only won 2 of their last 5)
Other teams are coming up behind us, but let's see what happens. I wouldn't be surprised to see around 70 points being enough this season.

skybluesam66

we are on 40 from 26 ppg takes us to 71
the qpr loss was big but there will be many like that to come

we need a good run now of maybe 5 wins in the next 7 - that will make things look easier come the harder games later on and will put us back in the top 6

it is possible, but honestly think we will end 8th to 10th

skyblueinBaku

we are on 40 from 26 ppg takes us to 71
the qpr loss was big but there will be many like that to come

we need a good run now of maybe 5 wins in the next 7 - that will make things look easier come the harder games later on and will put us back in the top 6

it is possible, but honestly think we will end 8th to 10th
8th to 10th will show good progress from last season.

Travs

I think rather than the points total, it's the fact that really we are only in contention for the final playoff spot (possibly two spots as West Brom don't seem to be doing much).

If all four spots were still within reach i'd say we are still well in there. But with limited places up for grabs we only need a defeat or two against other contenders, and its just going to slip away.

That said, however the season ends up from here, its been a huge progression from last season, from relegation battle to potential playoff contenders.

steve cooper

I think rather than the points total, it's the fact that really we are only in contention for the final playoff spot (possibly two spots as West Brom don't seem to be doing much).

If all four spots were still within reach i'd say we are still well in there. But with limited places up for grabs we only need a defeat or two against other contenders, and its just going to slip away.

That said, however the season ends up from here, its been a huge progression from last season, from relegation battle to potential playoff contenders.
The only team we don't have a realistic chance of catching is Fulham. Having said that, I don't think we have a realistic chance of an auto spot, but that doesn't mean we can't catch any of the other 5 in the top 6.
There are still 60 points to play for and we have a game in hand.
Blackburn or / and QPR could go on a bad run opening things up. We have seen so many times this season how form can fluctuate with any team.

SleepyGinger

This feels a lot like the 18/19 season (first year in league 1). We are the better team in most games but don’t always get the result our performances merit.

Think we’ll finish strongly but it will just be a stretch to far but if we keep the core of the squad and make a few astute signings in the summer could really make a go of it next year.

harvey098

I just can’t believe we’re nearly in Feb and talking about the play offs. I honestly thought we had a worse squad than last season and would struggle to stay up.

Whatever happens from now it will go down as a really successful season with some great memories (last minute winners, Ricoh return and Viveash’s clothesline)

Londonccfcfan

West Brom losing last night at home is massive. The pressure is ramping up there exponentially.

It could well be lower than 75 points this year. Be good to get our GD up as it's pretty similar to most teams around us.

robbiethemole

IF we get into the playoffs....................................................... we all know what our record is at Wembley, bring it on !! PUSB

edgy

Can you imagine the atmosphere of a home leg of the Championship play offs.......

giphy.gif

slowpoke

Apart from Luton away there isn’t a game we have lost we couldn’t have got a point even three, no reason that shouldn’t continue, we have won two out of last three games keep that up and who knows where that will take us.

sylus

IF we get into the playoffs....................................................... we all know what our record is at Wembley, bring it on !! PUSB

playoff final i believe is 29th may, the very day i am on a plane to Cyprus for my daughters wedding.
i do believe we won't make it though, i hope i am wrong

Covkid1968#

Needing to win that amount of games makes it feel out of reach…. And yet it’s not 😎😎 .

Beat Boro tomorrow and the Sky Blue pussy will well and truly be amongst our grey feathered friends

SkyBlueSam01

Needing to win that amount of games makes it feel out of reach…. And yet it’s not 😎😎 .

Beat Boro tomorrow and the Sky Blue pussy will well and truly be amongst our grey feathered friends

How does getting 3 points against Boro warrant releasing an SJW into an old peoples home?

higgs

playoff final i believe is 29th may, the very day i am on a plane to Cyprus for my daughters wedding.
i do believe we won't make it though, i hope i am wrong
She will understand if you go to Wembley it's not like we make it to Wembley very often

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread