Match Thread Plymouth (A)- Wednesday 14th Feb (3 Viewers)

Johhny Blue

Hello there

You may recall I write a regular preview/review slot on Pasoti entitles One Game at a Time. I started the season with You're Only Here for the Pasties as the subhead but we have seemingly developed a theme of referencing local delicacies.....

It is very much a green tinted view of the world, written firmly tongue in cheek and I am always happy to correct factual inaccuracies but the jokes are the jokes.

This weeks preview includes a few thoughts on the previous fixture, some players who you have sent west over the years who made an impact in Green.

Since last we met you have had impressive form and whilst we at Home Park are all devastated we may not see the excellent Callum O'Hare tonight we all hope he recovers in time for Saturdays trip to appear on the Great Potters-y Go Down on BBC2.

Safe travels to all coming West.
Here it is. Enjoy

Love to learned something new about Ernie Machin a customer of mine when I worked at an off licence in Walsgrave and a mention for an old friend John Craven.
Thanks for the memories.

skybluecam

Godden is starting
Season 5 No GIF by The Office

Hertsccfc

The Simms/Godden question concerns me less than the DM position.
Neither Eccles or Torp have the discipline and defensive nous of Sheaf and at times in the last couple of games the CBs have been exposed.
All season people have been banging on about the midfield despite it being our strongest area! I am sorry the centre forwardposition has been our weakest area by far.

ptr

Godden starting 😂
Someone tell the Plymouth centre halves they’ve got the night off then.

…seriously though if he does he needs to do himself a favour and get himself back amongst the goals. With injuries we could do with another striker hitting form.

TomRad85

Godden to score.

Cup his hears/finger to the lips shush.

People lose their shit and get angry at one of our own players for scoring a goal.

Calling it now
Love him to have the opportunity to do that, if he scores he can personally come on here and call us all cunts and he'll get a like from me. Unfortunately it looks like the sun might swallow the earth before he next gets on the score sheet atm.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

SBT

Godden and Simms both shushing their way through the game until “Is this a library” becomes appropriate for a change

Johhny Blue

Simms does the dirty work such as handling opposition Centre backs, winning aerial duels, focal point at the start of attacks in the final third, drives forward well out wide, he has all the physical attributes, there are technical limitations to his game for sure but they can be coached in as he’s only just turned 23. I believe in MR and AV to coach the best out of him, besides I’d fully back him to have a storming season next year when he’s fully settled. He looked amazing in pre season and I think next year he’ll kick on
He’s done a decent job when defending as well

Johhny Blue

The difference between the 2 players in this regard is so negligible per 90 View attachment 34045. they both work hard , 1 gets praised, 1 gets slated

Either way this argument never stops

1 cost a small fortune the other not alot and scored history defining goals
What’s the difference between “Ground duels won” and “Ground duels success” ?

Flying Fokker

spoke to an Argyle fan about an hour ago. He said they can’t get going until about 1/2 hour Into the match. Listen out for the song just before kick off.

impressed by our following and was rooting for us at Wembley. They have a top goal scorer on 17. Surprised to hear that’s striker who’s scored 11 in his first season with us gets stick from some fans.

SkyBlueMatt

Come on Godden, do us proud then do a shush celebration with Eccles running behind you covering your ears. All around the 4 corner flags :ROFLMAO:

SonofErnie

Someone tell the Plymouth centre halves they’ve got the night off then.

…seriously though if he does he needs to do himself a favour and get himself back amongst the goals. With injuries we could do with another striker hitting form.
Just want him to score and stop insulting the fans who pay his wages. Otherwise get off the pitch at 60 mins and let someone do the job properly.

itsabuzzard

spoke to an Argyle fan about an hour ago. He said they can’t get going until about 1/2 hour Into the match. Listen out for the song just before kick off.

impressed by our following and was rooting for us at Wembley. They have a top goal scorer on 17. Surprised to hear that’s striker who’s scored 11 in his first season with us gets stick from some fans.
Was he talking about the team? In which case, we should be disappearing over the horizon before they get going.

shmmeee

Love him to have the opportunity to do that, if he scores he can personally come on here and call us all cunts and he'll get a like from me. Unfortunately it looks like the sun might swallow the earth before he next gets on the score sheet atm.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Godden and Simms both shushing their way through the game until “Is this a library” becomes appropriate for a change

I am here for this. 4-3 a brace each for Godden and Simms who reveal matching “have that you whiny cunts” undershirts.

Users who are viewing this thread