Playing at Sixfields (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

Because people seem to look back on a golden era of the Ricoh. We had a "healthy crowd" (20k) less than 10 times in 10 years there despite being in Championship. Show me the evidence that will improve and I will stop "banging on" about it.

The atmosphere and the crowds would (or hopefully will) improve if the team ever improved. Look how people turned up for the JPT, I would think if we had started bit better in that game the atmosphere would have been great.

dongonzalos

So if we offered frank moussa £200,000 a week he'd say no?

Would you mind if we debate this one on planet earth.....

If two clubs offer a player similar wages one is us playing in Northampton with an uncertain future the other is Wolves(pre promotion) playing in their own nice stadium with a far more certain future.

Yet we offer the player slightly more a week.

I know where I think the player will be going

Grendel

Would you mind if we debate this one on planet earth.....

If two clubs offer a player similar wages one is us playing in Northampton with an uncertain future the other is Wolves(pre promotion) playing in their own nice stadium with a far more certain future.

Yet we offer the player slightly more a week.

I know where I think the player will be going

They don't offer the same though. Players leave to attract signing on fees as well as a salary. Moussa and Christie will get much better deals. Baker won't so will stay.

Grendel

The atmosphere and the crowds would (or hopefully will) improve if the team ever improved. Look how people turned up for the JPT, I would think if we had started bit better in that game the atmosphere would have been great.

The Ricoh is too big. The atmosphere was poor most of the time. The reason Sixfields is very genteel in its atmosphere I assume is because most of the one block that ever did sing do not go.

There was one midweek game last season where I had the whole row to myself.

It was pretty dire once crowds dropped below 15,000.

Otis

The Ricoh is too big. The atmosphere was poor most of the time. The reason Sixfields is very genteel in its atmosphere I assume is because most of the one block that ever did sing do not go.

There was one midweek game last season where I had the whole row to myself.

It was pretty dire once crowds dropped below 15,000.

Which was less than half capacity. You go to Old Trafford and the Emirates when it is less than half full and see how soulless those grounds are.

Otis

Because people seem to look back on a golden era of the Ricoh. We had a "healthy crowd" (20k) less than 10 times in 10 years there despite being in Championship. Show me the evidence that will improve and I will stop "banging on" about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a null and void point as far as I am concerned. The Ricoh can only be judged when the team are doing well and the crowds are decent enough to create an atmosphere.

I'm sure Sixfields would have a good atmosphere if there were 7,000 there. With only 2,000 the atmosphere I have been told, is pretty dire if non existent.

AndreasB

Which was less than half capacity. You go to Old Trafford and the Emirates when it is less than half full and see how soulless those grounds are.

Not really a valid comparison as they are virtually never half empty.
Wolves, Leicester , Norwich and Southampton maintained a large percent of their fan base in L1 whilst ours melted away the minute we were relegated.

Grendel

Unless the club is in the premiership and therefore attracts big away followings, the average will always be half capacity. After the initial stadium impact gates were heading pretty quickly back to Highfield road levels and that's with it being one of the cheapest stadiums to buy a season ticket in.

Otis

Unless the club is in the premiership and therefore attracts big away followings, the average will always be half capacity. After the initial stadium impact gates were heading pretty quickly back to Highfield road levels and that's with it being one of the cheapest stadiums to buy a season ticket in.

Fair enough, but our average gates have been getting steadily shittier because we have had 27 years with no success whatsoever. Not even a sniff. The whole club is enveloped by and entrenched in failure.

We have success we will get the attendances.

Otis

Not really a valid comparison as they are virtually never half empty.
Wolves, Leicester , Norwich and Southampton maintained a large percent of their fan base in L1 whilst ours melted away the minute we were relegated.

They have been for some FA /League Cup games and such like and they have been soulless. Hardly ever happens, but that is not the point. The point is pretty much every ground is pretty soulless when it's half empty.

bigfatronssba

Again your talking rubbish.

The 2005-06 season alone saw 15 games with a 20k+ attendance.

Please dont make things up.

AndreasB

You don't ACTUALLY believe the Clubs attendance figures do you? Thought they were all made up as a tax dodge according to you lot

Otis

Be interested to know just how many 20,000+ crowds we have had in all those years. An accurate figure I might add, not something just conjured up out of thin air. ;)

AndreasB

Anyway where is the thread gone with that nutter who's cousin was on a conference call with Labovich and Byng? Was enjoying that one.

Otis

*you*

Me? When have I have said about them fiddling the attendances and tax dodges?

I do like it also that when proven wrong instead of apologising you have simply just said 'anyway' and moved on. Says a lot that.

Big difference betwen less than 10 in 10 years and 15 in one single season.

dongonzalos

Anyway where is the thread gone with that nutter who's cousin was on a conference call with Labovich and Byng? Was enjoying that one.

You are aware people have been having meetings with Me Labovitch?

The Byng phone call may have been arranged by Mr Labovitch for all we know. No point having a pop at the OP for repeating what he was told.

Last edited:

dongonzalos

They don't offer the same though. Players leave to attract signing on fees as well as a salary. Moussa and Christie will get much better deals. Baker won't so will stay.

Sorry Grendel but both the players and the manager have said it.

Without them saying it, it really would not take a rocket scientist to work it out. When signing a player taking them round the Ricoh makes a statement.

A statement we have never backed up but nevertheless it makes that statement and with comparable wages we are likely to win signatures

AndreasB

Sorry Grendel but both the players and the manager have said it.

Without them saying it, it really would not take a rocket scientist to work it out. When signing a player taking them round the Ricoh makes a statement.

A statement we have never backed up but nevertheless it makes that statement and with comparable wages we are likely to win signatures

"See that bit in the corner Juke/Platty/David. That's the bit where our fans sit. The rest is pretty much as you see it today."

dongonzalos

"See that bit in the corner Juke/Platty/David. That's the bit where our fans sit. The rest is pretty much as you see it today."

A sniff of success playing Wolves, Leeds, Crewe
The Ricoh was suitable.

Unfortunately if you sell your customers shite they finish that's a fact of life

Grendel

A sniff of success playing Wolves, Leeds, Crewe
The Ricoh was suitable.

Unfortunately if you sell your customers shite they finish that's a fact of life

Crewe was £5 a ticket and the others were not sold out and would have been 8,000 short of capacity at least without a huge away presence.

chiefdave

Crewe was £5 a ticket and the others were not sold out and would have been 8,000 short of capacity at least without a huge away presence.

Not sure you can really use an argument that if away fans hadn't purchased tickets there would have been less people there! Given the away end holds 6000 if you're not going to count them you're always going to be at least 6000 short of capacity.

bigfatronssba

Can you name a particular game at the Ricoh that should have sold out?

bigfatronssba

yes the opener against top European opposition that Richardson promised us,showing of our two new top signings that were bought in with the 22 million put aside

Well not sure QPR do fit that description but the opener did sell out!

Users who are viewing this thread