Player ratings (3 Viewers)

DannyThomas_1981

As I’ve already said people pay it’s an entertainment business. If a well known actor performed in a theatre and was pissed forgot his lines and ruined the occasion he would not be well received I can assure you

For once I agree with you Grends. But I think you will admit that other players consistently make mistakes (including last night) and attract a much lower level of abuse.

Mucca Mad Boys

Had a good feeling after the first 15-20m of the game, we conceded a sloppy goal and stopped to Burton’s level really. Start it the second half was pretty good, getting the goal and Bayliss put through Thomas who missed an absolute sitter. That was criminal and at 2-1 the game changes, the turning point for me. After Bright’s red card, a draw would’ve been a good outcome. But then, Burge decided just ‘one up’ Thomas and give away the second goal. I’ve defended him in the past, but he deserved the abuse he got last night. From there, it was going to be very difficult to get anything from the game and thought we did ok with 10-men, Hiwula had a good chance and Mason should’ve squared a ball to Thomas — so there was opportunities to level the game and we weren’t as bad as some suggested.

Two big fuck ups cost us:

1) Thomas should’ve put us 2-1 ahead, then we could’ve had something to defend had we then got a red card.

2) Burge’s shit show. The worst case scenario after a red card is gifting the opposition a goal shortly after, he did exactly that.

Pretty much sums our season up. We miss too many chances and have a tendency to make too many mistakes.

DannyThomas_1981

At the back end of last season he was given plaudits because he done well now he is being given shit because he is costing us goals/points on a regular basis, he hasn't become the new boo boy overnight he has excelled himself to easily be the boo boy in his own right, other players make mistakes but are not costing us points every time they do it whereas keepers who make mistakes often cost teams goals, all keepers at some point will make a mistake but our keeper is mistake after mistake after mistake if you don't realise that then don't try to berate other fans who don't have blinkers on

I see what you are saying. But we have also seen match saving performances from Burge this season as well. From what I remember after watching every game, Burge has been directly culpable for 2 goals this season. That's of course 2 too many but there needs to be some balance. I'm not even saying Burge is the answer and a move would be right for both parties at this time.

steve82

Burge 3 - poor
Mason 5 - was ok
Willis 5.5 - one of the better ones
Davies 4 - very rusty performance
Sterling 3 - lacked intent or desire
Kelly 4 - didn’t happen
Bayliss 4- not enough from him. Need more
Hiwula 4 - no movement, too easily kept quiet.
Enobakhare 2 - no brains tonight. Sloppy in discipline
Thomas 5 - tried, if only....
Bakayoko 4 - no movement, isolated

Shipley 4 - showed for the ball, little more

First 10 mins we started with intensity, ambition and discipline, we had movement off the ball and played it about well. That fizzled out very quickly. A few misplaced passes and touches set the tone and individuals heads dropped going into hiding the remainder of the first half after we conceded.

Burton with their ex championship players who are mostly on the slide in ability at that standard showed the gulf in controlling the game in the officials eyes and had more heart to grab the game, greasy conditions and had the greater discipline of the two.

A game we could of taken something from in a 5 minute spell when we grew in confidence with the crowd behind them but another learning curve for the young players and toxic home support at times.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Liquid Gold

150 fucking games for us now. That’s why people get so frustrated. We’ve been here before with a major fuck up costing us points. He isn’t good enough, he’s never been good enough, he’s never going to be good enough. I’m fucking sick of putting up with it.

stevefloyd

I see what you are saying. But we have also seen match saving performances from Burge this season as well, combined with some glaring mistakes as you point out. There needs to be some balance.
There is a balance, when he produces match saving performances he gets plaudits so equally when he is tripe like last night and many many other occasions he gets dogs abuse. I understand to a point what you're trying to say about not getting on a players back because he is playing for us but its getting to the point where we would be better off without a goalkeeper in goal(yes ludicrous I know) than having him in goal.
I have said on here a few times and I am an ex goalkeeper, he makes us the crowd panic every time the ball goes near him because we are expecting a fuck up so the defence in front of him are probably shitting themselves, really not a good situation at all.

no_loyalty

150 fucking games for us now. That’s why people get so frustrated. We’ve been here before with a major fuck up costing us points. He isn’t good enough, he’s never been good enough, he’s never going to be good enough. I’m fucking sick of putting up with it.

Burge looked good in league two, I think that's his level.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I'm not sure why Bayliss is getting some of the higher marks.

Good things:

One good tackle
2 good passes
A goal

Bad things:

The other 89 minutes
Pussying out of tackles
Pussying out of headers
Constantly giving the ball away
Hiding after they scored
Leaving Kelly to manage the midfield on his own

I don't think he's up to playing in central midfield at all.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Good things:

One good tackle
2 good passes
A goal

Bad things:

The other 89 minutes
Pussying out of tackles
Pussying out of headers
Hiding after they scored

Few things on this.

Your assessment is ridiculously over the top.

Secondly, you’ve listed four positive things. How many positive actions can you say about any of the other players? Probably why he’s getting the higher marks...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coop

Why have we got David Meyler on loan if you are not going to give him a run in the team big mistake in my opinion.He is an international player being kept out by someone who got relegated with Leyton Orient to the conference.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Few things on this.

Your assessment is ridiculously over the top.

Secondly, you’ve listed four positive things. How many positive actions can you say about any of the other players? Probably why he’s getting the higher marks...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why is my assessment over the top?

Can you honestly say he played well for more than about 5/10 minutes?

If it was Shipley he would be getting a 3 or 4, not 6 and 7.

covcity4life

Nail on head

Pussies can call crowd toxic but its gone too far now. I havr seen ricoh applaud team ans vurge soon aa his mistake cost us a goal

But he does it 6 or 7 times a season. Fans have had enough

HE NEEDS TO GO. The fans have spoken

cc84cov

Why have we got David Meyler on loan if you are not going to give him a run in the team big mistake in my opinion.He is an international player being kept out by someone who got relegated with Leyton Orient to the conference.
Arguably Kelly has been one of our best players but I see your point I would have him paired with Kelly either bright or bayliss in front

cc84cov

Good things:

One good tackle
2 good passes
A goal

Bad things:

The other 89 minutes
Pussying out of tackles
Pussying out of headers
Hiding after they scored

Have to agree I’ve said it for a while now I feel he’s better where bright plays tbh Meyler & Kelly is the better pairing at CM I think a lot agree but don’t say as Bayliss is one of or own.

Sky Blue Pete

Nail on head

Pussies can call crowd toxic but its gone too far now. I havr seen ricoh applaud team ans vurge soon aa his mistake cost us a goal

But he does it 6 or 7 times a season. Fans have had enough

HE NEEDS TO GO. The fans have spoken
So has robins and he’s the manager

covcity4life

Burge 3 - poor
Mason 5 - was ok
Willis 5.5 - one of the better ones
Davies 4 - very rusty performance
Sterling 3 - lacked intent or desire
Kelly 4 - didn’t happen
Bayliss 4- not enough from him. Need more
Hiwula 4 - no movement, too easily kept quiet.
Enobakhare 2 - no brains tonight. Sloppy in discipline
Thomas 5 - tried, if only....
Bakayoko 4 - no movement, isolated

Shipley 4 - showed for the ball, little more

First 10 mins we started with intensity, ambition and discipline, we had movement off the ball and played it about well. That fizzled out very quickly. A few misplaced passes and touches set the tone and individuals heads dropped going into hiding the remainder of the first half after we conceded.

Burton with their ex championship players who are mostly on the slide in ability at that standard showed the gulf in controlling the game in the officials eyes and had more heart to grab the game, greasy conditions and had the greater discipline of the two.

A game we could of taken something from in a 5 minute spell when we grew in confidence with the crowd behind them but another learning curve for the young players and toxic home support at times.

Davies more than sterling lmao

Medievil views

covcity4life

So has robins and he’s the manager
And burge wont be our keeper next season under robins

And like he took time to realise hoofball is not way fwd he may well realise burge needs to be dropped before end of season too

Besides MR just annoyed with a guy behind him lets be honest

Sky Blue Pete

And burge wont be our keeper next season under robins

And like he took time to realise hoofball is not way fwd he may well realise burge needs to be dropped before end of season too

Besides MR just annoyed with a guy behind him lets be honest
I’m not sure about the one guy behind. That may have been the catalyst but he was well pissed off. It does piss me off that people have this self righteous crap that they knew 150 games ago Burge wouldn’t be good enough and they are being proved right. We bollox he was league 2 keeper of the year and had a good run this year. If he’s allowed to leave he’ll get a new club no problem and it will be because of budget not standard in robins eyes. Just cause city have been on the slide everyone thinks their a football genuius far saying this player or that player is shit and unfortunately many have been but you have to less knuckle dragger than that and look at what players will become. So Maddison was slated and Murphy was slated and Wilson and people conveniently forget those with all the dross

Thomas will be excellent
Bayliss will be excellent
Burge is 25 now and should be stepping up not going backwards I really think overall he’s been better than average but since Stockdale he has been very nervous

covcity4life

I’m not sure about the one guy behind. That may have been the catalyst but he was well pissed off. It does piss me off that people have this self righteous crap that they knew 150 games ago Burge wouldn’t be good enough and they are being proved right. We bollox he was league 2 keeper of the year and had a good run this year. If he’s allowed to leave he’ll get a new club no problem and it will be because of budget not standard in robins eyes. Just cause city have been on the slide everyone thinks their a football genuius far saying this player or that player is shit and unfortunately many have been but you have to less knuckle dragger than that and look at what players will become. So Maddison was slated and Murphy was slated and Wilson and people conveniently forget those with all the dross

Thomas will be excellent
Burge is 25 now and should be stepping up not going backwards I really think overall he’s been better than average but since Stockdale he has been very nervous
He fucked up at walsall before stockdale

These are not little mistakes. He makes HUGE mistakes. He has never been good enough. We got promoted just about. Thats as far we can carry him

He might get a lucky move but will be found out. Will be league 2 at best or relegation threatenes teams in league 1.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Thomas will be excellent
You clearly haven’t watched him regularly, he gets praise for Luton for a shot that was straight at him. He was already on the floor. It was his fault for that goal.

Walsall away, Exeter away last season, Forest Green where he palmed it into his own net.

I remember a game against Peterborough when he had a 35 yard free kick float into the middle of the net when he moved out the way.

I was also at that 4-0 win at Milwall when he saved a pen... nobody points out that he took their striker out for the pen when he was running out of play.

Burge has been a liability since day 1

Sky Blue Pete

@Sky Blue Pete Genuine question. Do you know Burge at all?
Nope just always stick up for the bullied harassed and target of abuse. It’s part of my dna. I am well aware that I was brought up watching oggy keep us up literally single handedly in the premiership and since then I think Westwood is the only keeper that has done the same job consistently every other keeper has had major flaws since oggy retired. I know just how much confidence plays a part and I think Burge is a big confidence player. We have no choice between now and the rest of the season and the reality is he mostly kicks straight and he is a good passer of the ball. The stats would show 90 plus percent but you need 100%. Same with crosses when he chooses to come the stats will show 90% but you need 100%. He stays rooted to his line as he is risk averse and I can’t blame him. He’s currently playing a don’t blame me game rather than a look at how bold I am. So last night after the goal he came charging off his line to clear. Excellent but I’ll bet Grendel and the knuckle draggers can’t even recall it. Even last night I reckon out of his hand he didn’t mess up once and off the floor I can recall one pass to Davies straight out and the goal. After the goal it felt like the worst kind of workplace bullying imaginable but hey he’s a professional so we can treat him like shit and he’ll what play better????? Course he won’t.. and what if robins offers him another contract what then? If I was Burge I’d say fuck off. It’s not as bad debating on here as at the ground.

Can you or anyone tell me of an occasion where someone telling you you were shit and booing you and not trusting you or not valuing you has ever had one positive effect?

Liquid Gold

Nope just always stick up for the bullied harassed and target of abuse. It’s part of my dna. I am well aware that I was brought up watching oggy keep us up literally single handedly in the premiership and since then I think Westwood is the only keeper that has done the same job consistently every other keeper has had major flaws since oggy retired. I know just how much confidence plays a part and I think Burge is a big confidence player. We have no choice between now and the rest of the season and the reality is he mostly kicks straight and he is a good passer of the ball. The stats would show 90 plus percent but you need 100%. Same with crosses when he chooses to come the stats will show 90% but you need 100%. He stays rooted to his line as he is risk averse and I can’t blame him. He’s currently playing a don’t blame me game rather than a look at how bold I am. So last night after the goal he came charging off his line to clear. Excellent but I’ll bet Grendel and the knuckle draggers can’t even recall it. Even last night I reckon out of his hand he didn’t mess up once and off the floor I can recall one pass to Davies straight out and the goal. After the goal it felt like the worst kind of workplace bullying imaginable but hey he’s a professional so we can treat him like shit and he’ll what play better????? Course he won’t.. and what if robins offers him another contract what then? If I was Burge I’d say fuck off. It’s not as bad debating on here as at the ground.

Can you or anyone tell me of an occasion where someone telling you you were shit and booing you and not trusting you or not valuing you has ever had one positive effect?
I only asked because your defence of him is sycophantic. I wanted to point that out but you sort of just did it yourself.

Bullying? Have a word mate.

Sky Blue Pete

You clearly haven’t watched him regularly, he gets praise for Luton for a shot that was straight at him. He was already on the floor. It was his fault for that goal.

Walsall away, Exeter away last season, Forest Green where he palmed it into his own net.

I remember a game against Peterborough when he had a 35 yard free kick float into the middle of the net when he moved out the way.

I was also at that 4-0 win at Milwall when he saved a pen... nobody points out that he took their striker out for the pen when he was running out of play.

Burge has been a liability since day 1
Every keeper would have these. You know other teams fans think we are nuts for the way we slate him? I watch every home game and only some away. I think he’s been overall good for the club in a shit part of our history. He’ll be fine when he leaves us and have a long professional career

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Every keeper would have these. You know other teams fans think we are nuts for the way we slate him? I watch every home game and only some away. I think he’s been overall good for the club in a shit part of our history. He’ll be fine when he leaves us and have a long professional career
If Stockdale is only 4th choice at a championship, that suggests that there’s plenty of goal keepers in the championship better than Burge.

He might be fine but it won’t be higher than back up in this league

Grendel

Yes I can - when it happened to me I called my laughably inept manager into a room and showed backed up evidence of prejudice bullying and harassment said I disliked them more then they dislike me and if it carries on I’d drag them through HR and make their life a misery

A week of silence and another conversation. Let’s cut to the chase ive had a conversation with someone else and I’m starting another job in 6 weeks as people value me and no one respects you

I loved it

rob9872

I can't defend Burge's performance last night but how some of our idiot fans think jeering a keeper midgame is helpful is beyond me.

Bright was abysmal. Equally culpable in my eyes. I called it at half time and said he should be taken out if the firing line. Good feet but holds it too long, wayward passing in poor areas and rash in the tackle - similar v Walsall too. He looks like he has that in him and a liability in waiting when on a yellow.

Can't believe people blaming Thomas. A good move and unlucky to come back off the post, possibly should have scored but couldn't predict what would follow and ran his socks off.

In the middle Bayliss good finish but bottled challenges and Kelly was very poor in passing and decision making but still broke up play well.

Davies rusty at the back but Willis was my motm yet again. Mason reasonable Dujon ok but didn't seem interested.

Up front didn't really do much but then our service to them was pretty woeful.

Shipley was more involved when he came on and I wouldn't blame him for the free kick he's getting stick for. Should have lumped it in the middle but one they've worked on and Thomas didn't execute. I'd start him on Tuesday and go 442 with Hiwula more central next to Baka.

Sky Blue Pete

Yes I can - when it happened to me I called my laughably inept manager into a room and showed backed up evidence of prejudice bullying and harassment said I disliked them more then they dislike me and if it carries on I’d drag them through HR and make their life a misery

A week of silence and another conversation. Let’s cut to the chase ive had a conversation with someone else and I’m starting another job in 6 weeks as people value me and no one respects you

I loved it
Excellent and I think Burge will do just that. Robins staying in hospital with hyam is the sort of man he is and many times the man the jeerers and booers and knuckle draggers are that pretend to support our team

rob9872

If Stockdale is only 4th choice at a championship, that suggests that there’s plenty of goal keepers in the championship better than Burge.

He might be fine but it won’t be higher than back up in this league
He's 4th in line not 4th choice based on personality rather than ability. We have to stop this fascination with him. He's great but we can't afford that calibre. I understand people don't want Burge and there are other options but if we're comparing with Stocky then whoever we get won't compare favourably .

Grendel

Excellent and I think Burge will do just that. Robins staying in hospital with hyam is the sort of man he is and many times the man the jeerers and booers and knuckle draggers are that pretend to support our team

The difference is I got a decent job as I’m good at it

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

He's 4th in line not 4th choice based on personality rather than ability. We have to stop this fascination with him. He's great but we can't afford that calibre. I understand people don't want Burge and there are other options but if we're comparing with Stocky then whoever we get won't compare favourably .
I’m not talking about signing him, I’m using his position as an example. There are 3 goalkeepers preferred ahead of him. Myhill is only second choice at West Brom. Andy Lonergan who is a good keeper is not in the running at Middlesbrough I think. These are back up keeper in the championship, all far better than Burge. If they can’t make 2nd Choice, Burge has no chance. He’s not fit to lace their boots

steve82

Davies more than sterling lmao

Medievil views

Burge 0 should never play again
Mason 4
Davies 1
Willos 3
Stelrjng 5
Kwlly 1
Bayloss 3
Bright 2
Thomas 3
Hiwulla 2
Baka 1

Shipley 3

Pathetic

I think my assessment might of been more reflective of yours.

Sterling could of helped Thomas far more on the overlap in the second half by being a willing runner. He lacked desire and looked lame frankly. Davies while still relatively poor by his standards was actually active. Clearly lacked match sharpness, what was Sterling’s excuse?

Users who are viewing this thread