Player ratings (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

So he cant control a bouncing ball? If that's correct then surely you wouldn't side foot a bouncing ball to the middle of the pitch? Proves even more how clueless he is.
He couldn’t control that bouncing ball as he had players charging in at him. You side foot it when you want to make sure you don’t miss it. But hey that’s fine he probably did it on purpose to get a move away

Nick

Administrator
I give up there’s no point. He made a mistake. Esoterica said it wasn’t fizzed back well if was to his wrong foot on a shit pitch and a bouncing ball. That’s it really
Another basic mistake...

He should have put it in the stand if in doubt

DannyThomas_1981

Mate, not going to lie, your defence of him is proper weird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's really weird to me is so called supporters humiliating and destroying the confidence of our keeper as we enter the final 10 games of the season. Without any replacement available. That's just unbelievably stupid.

Burge also seems like a decent bloke to me who has always given his best for the club (with a number of match winning performances both this season and last). Is he the answer for next season - probably not - but neither does he deserve the humiliation on Friday night.

All of this makes me feel pretty ashamed to be a supporter of my club to be honest. Real support is backing your players on the pitch particularly when things are not going to plan. The atmosphere at the Ricoh has generally been far more positive this season; we don't want to go back to the days when our players actually preferred playing away given the negativity around the place. Support the lads on the pitch when they need it most.

skyblueeyesrevisited

What's really weird to me is so called supporters humiliating and destroying the confidence of our keeper as we enter the final 10 games of the season. Without any replacement available. That's just unbelievably stupid.

Burge also seems like a decent bloke to me who has always given his best for the club (with a number of match winning performances both this season and last). Is he the answer for next season - probably not - but neither does he deserve the humiliation on Friday night.

All of this makes me feel pretty ashamed to be a supporter of my club to be honest. Real support is backing your players on the pitch particularly when things are not going to plan. The atmosphere at the Ricoh has generally been far more positive this season; we don't want to go back to the days when our players actually preferred playing away given the negativity around the place. Support the lads on the pitch when they need it most.
I agree with your sentiment but it doesn’t help when Burge has not improved on his weaknesses. Kicking being the obvious one. Holding out on his contract has not gone down well with a lot of fans. It suggests he thinks he is too good for CCFC which makes him fair game when he makes a howler.

Garryb80

He couldn’t control that bouncing ball as he had players charging in at him. You side foot it when you want to make sure you don’t miss it. But hey that’s fine he probably did it on purpose to get a move away
That is the saddest defence of a player ive heard. It appears he can do no wrong in your eyes which is wierd to say the least. I watched it again and 1 single player is making a small move to block him. Sorry but you are seriously deluded of you continue to defend this.

Irish Sky Blue

I agree with your sentiment but it doesn’t help when Burge has not improved on his weaknesses. Kicking being the obvious one. Holding out on his contract has not gone down well with a lot of fans. It suggests he thinks he is too good for CCFC which makes him fair game when he makes a howler.
From what he was saying the other day, it doesn’t seem like he has been offered one.

Sky Blue Pete

That is the saddest defence of a player ive heard. It appears he can do no wrong in your eyes which is wierd to say the least. I watched it again and 1 single player is making a small move to block him. Sorry but you are seriously deluded of you continue to defend this.
I’m not trying to defend it I’m responding to statements saying that the ball was hardly fizzed back at him and why didn’t he control it. It was a mistake that gave a goal away and cause of the sending off and Thomas miss meant we lost the game. The ball was not rolled back to him to clear with loads of time. Should he have cleared it beyond the first player of course he should.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

I agree with all of this. I don’t think anyone should abuse him at all, and have stated so on many occasions. But he’s talking about the ball played back by Kelly as if it’s part of the problem, that’s madness. I’m not saying someone needs to slaughter Burge, but to start blaming someone for passing a professional footballer a ball for him to essentially kick 40 yards is deluded.

Sky Blue Pete

I agree with all of this. I don’t think anyone should abuse him at all, and have stated so on many occasions. But he’s talking about the ball played back by Kelly as if it’s part of the problem, that’s madness. I’m not saying someone needs to slaughter Burge, but to start blaming someone for passing a professional footballer a ball for him to essentially kick 40 yards is deluded.

Gosh this is hard. Burge made a mistake he failed to kick the ball Beyond their striker and ultimately led to us losing the game

If you like he’s guilty of the crime once that is agreed in a court of law you move to mitigation.

That’s what I’m talking about

It was to his wrong foot
It was a bouncing ball
It’s on a pitch that all of the players don’t trust and it’s tricky to control and pass as was shown by them all. Difference being he fucks it up it’s a goal if sterling miscontrols a pass it’s a throw in
From his first pass out of play to sterling (even though 3 other players had been guilty of passing easy passes behind him before in the same game before then) he was shouted at and booed and sarcastically clapped

That’s called mitigation. Course he should have cleared the ball beyond the striker.

Nick

Administrator
Gosh this is hard. Burge made a mistake he failed to kick the ball Beyond their striker and ultimately led to us losing the game

If you like he’s guilty of the crime once that is agreed in a court of law you move to mitigation.

It was to his wrong foot
It was a bouncing ball
It’s on a pitch that all of the players don’t trust and it’s tricky to control and pass as was shown by them all. Difference being he fucks it up it’s a goal if sterling miscontrols a pass it’s a throw in
From his first pass out of play to sterling (even though 3 other players had been guilty of passing easy passes behind him before in the same game before then) he was shouted at and booed and sarcastically clapped

That’s called mitigation. Course he should have cleared the ball beyond the striker.
A bit desperate?

Esoterica

ALSO I’ve watched it back and it is a bouncing ball
Given the pressure Kelly is under, I don't think it is a bad ball back. Burge just has to take a few steps forward and put his laces through it, something that I would expect any L1 keeper to be able to do on either foot. If anything a slow low bouncing ball is easier to clear away on your wrong foot than off the deck (not that I think it was intended by Kelly). Do I think he should be able to land it on Bakayokos head 9 times out of 10 under those circumstances? No. But to get enough distance on it to clear the danger? Absolutely.

I think on this one buddy your empathy towards Burge and the unfair abuse he got during the game is subconsciously leading you to try and deflect a bit of the blame away from his error. xx

Sky Blue Pete

Given the pressure Kelly is under, I don't think it is a bad ball back. Burge just has to take a few steps forward and put his laces through it, something that I would expect any L1 keeper to be able to do on either foot. If anything a slow low bouncing ball is easier to clear away on your wrong foot than off the deck (not that I think it was intended by Kelly). Do I think he should be able to land it on Bakayokos head 9 times out of 10 under those circumstances? No. But to get enough distance on it to clear the danger? Absolutely.

I think on this one buddy your empathy towards Burge and the unfair abuse he got during the game is subconsciously leading you to try and deflect a bit of the blame away from his error. xx
1 time out of 10? Lol

covcity4life

Do we similarly retrospectively study and condemn all misplaced passes, lack of control and glaring misses by the outfield players? The answer is no. This is getting ridiculous.
yup it is. the fact we have to watch replays of the obvious because people like you make up outright lies to defend your golden child

DannyThomas_1981

making out not a real cov fan unless ignore burges mistakes and get behind him

although if i was behind him maybe i could save the shots he lets in....

That's my opinion and I absolutely stand by it. Humiliating one of our own players with no replacement possible and 10 key games of the season left - is the most senseless thing a fan of any club could do. If that's what you call an 'outright lie' then you may need to look up the definition of an 'outright lie'.

shmmeee

giphy.gif

shmmeee

making out not a real cov fan unless ignore burges mistakes and get behind him

although if i was behind him maybe i could save the shots he lets in....

What’s the aim here?

It’s not to get CCFC players playing better because any psychologist will tell you public shaming and humiliation has the opposite effect on performance.

Let’s be blunt, it’s about sad old men wanting to feel superior to blokes doing their dream job. “I may be a fat slob working in a warehouse, but I’m better than this guy paid to play football because I can spot a mistake”.

It’s pathetic and counter productive, and the best any of you can ever come up with is “I’m allowed an opinion”.

covcity4life

That's my opinion and I absolutely stand by it. Humiliating one of our own players with no replacement possible and 10 key games of the season left - is the most senseless thing a fan of any club could do. If that's what you call an 'outright lie' then you may need to look up the definition of an 'outright lie'.
And what makes you think those that critcise burges mistake in this thread humiliated him on friday at the ricoh? You can post for likes all you want but fact is there is nothing wrong with anyone criticising burge in these threads.

covcity4life

What’s the aim here?

It’s not to get CCFC players playing better because any psychologist will tell you public shaming and humiliation has the opposite effect on performance.

Let’s be blunt, it’s about sad old men wanting to feel superior to blokes doing their dream job. “I may be a fat slob working in a warehouse, but I’m better than this guy paid to play football because I can spot a mistake”.

It’s pathetic and counter productive, and the best any of you can ever come up with is “I’m allowed an opinion”.
so what are you saying shmee? setting a dangerous precedant are we not? from now on no criticisms of any cov players on sky blue talk as they are paid to play and we are not?

should nick ban anyone who criticises a player or a mistake?

maybe SBT should be closed down? or put behind a wall so joe public and the players cannot read it?

not trolling honestly intrigued, please let us know how SBT should continue?

stevefloyd

It was to his wrong foot
It was a bouncing ball

Thing is Pete for a professional footballer his kicking is absolutely abysmal and instead of it improving its either stayed the same or gottten a lot worse, his mentor is not exactly the one with the answers because his kicking was too not very good.
I think the management need to take some responsibility and insist we play from the back wherever possible to minimise Burges kicking and also stand a better chance of the ball retention

Sky Blue Pete

Thing is Pete for a professional footballer his kicking is absolutely abysmal and instead of it improving its either stayed the same or gottten a lot worse, his mentor is not exactly the one with the answers because his kicking was too not very good.
I think the management need to take some responsibility and insist we play from the back wherever possible to minimise Burges kicking and also stand a better chance of the ball retention
No I’ve beem thinking that oggy was awful at kicking and would have struggled in the modern game. I don’t disagree it’s not good enough and the consequence of that is normally frustration and not normally the loss of a game

Users who are viewing this thread