Player ratings (1 Viewer)

DannyThomas_1981

And what makes you think those that critcise burges mistake in this thread humiliated him on friday at the ricoh? You can post for likes all you want but fact is there is nothing wrong with anyone criticising burge in these threads.

Look ccfc4life: I entered this debate in exact opposition to pretty much every poster on here (with a few honourable exceptions) to defend Burge and offer a wider view. Your interpretation of my direct counter view to the absolute majority view was that I was posting for likes - an interpretation I guess that would seem contradictory to most rational people.

I have no idea how posters behave at games but when the moderator of this board starts his review of the last game with the term 'spineless cowards'......and I further see such reactionary spite (usually aimed at the latest boo boy after a defeat) then it indicates the type of support that might not be helpful when the team most needs it.

Nick

Administrator
Look ccfc4life: I entered this debate in exact opposition to pretty much every poster on here (with a few honourable exceptions) to defend Burge and offer a wider view. Your interpretation of my direct counter view to the absolute majority view was that I was posting for likes - an interpretation I guess that would seem contradictory to most rational people.

I have no idea how posters behave at games but when the moderator of this board starts his review of the last game with the term 'spineless cowards'......and I further see such reactionary spite (usually aimed at the latest boo boy after a defeat) then it indicates the type of support that might not be helpful when the team most needs it.

If the players can't understand fans being fuming after they sit on a cold Friday night watching that gutless performance with another shocking mistake to cost us then they are in the wrong game. I didn't boo, jeer or sarcastically applaud and I will be there again tonight applauding the good things and not booing.

If such things happen again, I probably will be fuming. If Burge pulls off some game winning saves then I will be praising him and leave the ground buzzing.

That's football.

skybluegod

And what makes you think those that critcise burges mistake in this thread humiliated him on friday at the ricoh? You can post for likes all you want but fact is there is nothing wrong with anyone criticising burge in these threads.

Were you at the game? If so surely you noticed how toxic the atmosphere was, Burge was slated as soon as he kicked one ball out of play. And instead of getting behind him after the mistake, he was ironically jeered and sworn at for the rest of the match. I have no doubt some of the posters on SBT contributed to that.

Liquid Gold

It isn't Burge making a single mistake and the fans getting pissed off is it. It's Burge yet again failing to do the basics of his role and the fans coming to the end of their tether with him. The whole 'booing him doesn't improve him' argument would hold more weight if he had improved at any point while the fans were behind him instead of regressing to a point where he gives away stupid goals for no fucking reason AGAIN.

Sky Blue Pete

If the players can't understand fans being fuming after they sit on a cold Friday night watching that gutless performance with another shocking mistake to cost us then they are in the wrong game. I didn't boo, jeer or sarcastically applaud and I will be there again tonight applauding the good things and not booing.

If such things happen again, I probably will be fuming. If Burge pulls off some game winning saves then I will be praising him and leave the ground buzzing.

That's football.
Yep I agree and I do accept that knocking him on here is very different to abusing him in person or booing constantly

skybluegod

It isn't Burge making a single mistake and the fans getting pissed off is it. It's Burge yet again failing to do the basics of his role and the fans coming to the end of their tether with him. The whole 'booing him doesn't improve him' argument would hold more weight if he had improved at any point while the fans were behind him instead of regressing to a point where he gives away stupid goals for no fucking reason AGAIN.

I think everyone had the right to be pissed with the mistake.

But then I do believe everybody has never gotten over the mistake he made against Peterborough in his first League start.

Liquid Gold

I think everyone had the right to be pissed with the mistake.

But then I do believe everybody has never gotten over the mistake he made against Peterborough in his first League start.
I can't speak for everyone but I was never a big fan of Burge (preferred RCC even) until the end of last season/beginning of this when I thought he'd finally learned from his mistakes and was hoping we got a new contract in front of him ASAP. Unfortunately he's since regressed massively to the shaky error prone keeper from before and frustrations with him have resurfaced.

covcity4life

Were you at the game? If so surely you noticed how toxic the atmosphere was, Burge was slated as soon as he kicked one ball out of play. And instead of getting behind him after the mistake, he was ironically jeered and sworn at for the rest of the match. I have no doubt some of the posters on SBT contributed to that.
Yes i was at game. I said what proof does he have that those of us on here who criticise burge also booed him?

He got no flak till the mistake so thats no excuse for low confidence

After he got jeered which deserved imo but i did not join in personally.

covcity4life

Fans have always got behind burge. This is undeniable or he would hsve been jeered like tuesday LONG before.

#facts

#ishouldbealawyer

skybluegod

Yes i was at game. I said what proof does he have that those of us on here who criticise burge also booed him?

He got no flak till the mistake so thats no excuse for low confidence

After he got jeered which deserved imo but i did not join in personally.

What proof do you have that they didn't?

He did get flak before the mistake from a few mishit passes .

Selective memory?

covcity4life

What proof do you have that they didn't?

He did get flak before the mistake from a few mishit passes .

Selective memory?
No he didnt

U r a whiny bitch if you think it was toxic before the mistake towards burge. Getting mixed up with anger aboit the team performance first half

covcity4life

You are a very aggressive man. You must be sad if you can't have a debate without resorting to insults?
not when someone argues for sake of it. so bias towards burge its weird

i gave the man way in my car and chatted to him in barbers, i am not bias!

skybluegod

not when someone argues for sake of it. so bias towards burge its weird

i gave the man way in my car and chatted to him in barbers, i am not bias!

So you don't debate unless someone sees it your way at the end of it?

Burge was shocking everyone said as much. I think everyone would also prefer a better keeper. Doesn't mean he should be slated during the match. Post match is fair game imo

covcity4life

So you don't debate unless someone sees it your way at the end of it?

Burge was shocking everyone said as much. I think everyone would also prefer a better keeper. Doesn't mean he should be slated during the match. Post match is fair game imo
I agree!!!!

I did not boo him in ground. Simply vente dmy frustrations on sbt

covcity4life

can we end the bullshit about knocking a players confidence will harm the club?

The jeers pushed burge on to a great performance

the "toxic" fans deserve an apology?

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Burge player well last night. Deserves his plaudits, players need thick skin these days. They’ll never make it if they don’t.

Friday night was frustrating, but if you think that was toxic, you clearly weren’t at Crawley a few years back when we’d just moved to Northampton

Users who are viewing this thread