Player ratings (1 Viewer)

Skybluefaz

Burge 6 - needs to command the 6 yard box more
Sterling 7 - looked a cut above again for the most part. Final ball/shot only lacking
Willis 8 - my MOTM.
Hyam 7 - Solid. Dealt with lots of high balls well.
McCallum 5.5 - the kid was trying to do the right thing but was let down by poor control. Promising though
Thomas 7 - got the goal and worried them on a number of occasions
Bayliss 7 - quality on a number of occasions. Good balance with him and Kelly in the middle.
Kelly 7 - steady head in the middle. Two of our better efforts on goal too.
Enobakhare 6 - some exceptional close control and footwork. Given more time to get to know the players and system hopefully will be a threat.
Chaplin 6 - thought his movement was half decent, again came too deep in the second half.
Hiwula 4 - you have to score that chance. Also get a shot off on the one prior to that.

sylus

My rating..
Burge.6
Sterling. 6.5.
Hyam.6.5
Willis 7.5. MOTM solid as usual.
McCallum 4.,thought he was poor and nervous,both Brown and Mason were available,Robins decided against them, either would of been a better option
Bayliss.6.5 .
Kelly 7.
Hiwula.5. had a poor game and really should of scored
Chaplin.5.way to deep, did he even have a shot on goal,or his he taking the credit with the deflection,for me was Thomas goal..
Thomas.7
Enobakhare.6. 1st game,not really sure he offered anything different.

Subs
Clarke-Harris.6.
Grimmer ..not on long enough
at the end of the game i walked out reasonably happy with a point,it should of been more,but we could of lost it too,was a frustrating game.

Otis

My rating..
Burge.6
Sterling. 6.5.
Hyam.6.5
Willis 7.5. MOTM solid as usual.
McCallum 4.,thought he was poor and nervous,both Brown and Mason were available,Robins decided against them, either would of been a better option
Bayliss.6.5 .
Kelly 7.
Hiwula.5. had a poor game and really should of scored
Chaplin.5.way to deep, did he even have a shot on goal,or his he taking the credit with the deflection,for me was Thomas goal..
Thomas.7
Enobakhare.6. 1st game,not really sure he offered anything different.

Subs
Clarke-Harris.6.
Grimmer ..not on long enough
at the end of the game i walked out reasonably happy with a point,it should of been more,but we could of lost it too,was a frustrating game.
Our approach play was very good and we played well until the final 3rd.

The frustrating bit was in that final 3rd. We left our shooting boots at home.

High and wide from Kelly, Sterling and Thomas in the first half. Two very bad misses from Hiwula and a number of times we had the ball in the penalty area and failed to shoot, or ended up being blocked.

joemercersaces

Hugely frustrating not to beat such a limited team and given that they had no control over whether or not we shot accurately they were lucky not to lose by at least three goals. We weren’t unlucky because missing sitters isn’t bad luck but a lack of skill or composure. Having said that we came back from a damagingly early goal to get a point so not all despair.

Burge 5 good shot stopper but currently all at sea when crosses are coming in therefore panic sets in at every set piece.

McCallum 5 felt for him today. Lots of promise for such a young lad but think first miscontrol got in his head and caused three more.

Sterling 7 constant threat and confident on the ball but one or two poor crosses today

Willis 7.5 athletic and reliable

Hyam 8 won everything in the air

Kelly 8 such an improvement to the team when he’s in it and at the heart of everything yesterday

Bayliss 7.5 the creative spark and does so much to hurt the opposition

Thomas 7.5 as with Baylis, creates space with his runs and by the fact they immediately put at least two and often three on him

Chaplin 5 poor yesterday in terms of goal threat

Hiwula 3 shocking miss. Southam and District Girls under 13s second team would convert a two on one with the keeper.

Bright (need to practice the surname) 5. Showed glimpses of talent.

JCH 6 battled well but never looks a goal threat

stevefloyd

I quite liked Bright yes he was erratic but once we get some discipline into him i think he can do a job, the thing that concerns me is the fact we have Andreu, Brown and Ogogo essentianly binned... wtf is going on?

clint van damme

And they are wrong

I'm sorry I am not trolling but it's clear I know more about this sport than others on this forum. I am proven right time and time again.

The extremes in how people read his performance is mad.
I think the truth is somewhere in the middle.
Not his best game by far. No way he was man of the match but not as bad as some are making out either.

CCFCSteve

Burge 6 - needs to command the 6 yard box more
Sterling 7 - looked a cut above again for the most part. Final ball/shot only lacking
Willis 8 - my MOTM.
Hyam 7 - Solid. Dealt with lots of high balls well.
McCallum 5.5 - the kid was trying to do the right thing but was let down by poor control. Promising though
Thomas 7 - got the goal and worried them on a number of occasions
Bayliss 7 - quality on a number of occasions. Good balance with him and Kelly in the middle.
Kelly 7 - steady head in the middle. Two of our better efforts on goal too.
Enobakhare 6 - some exceptional close control and footwork. Given more time to get to know the players and system hopefully will be a threat.
Chaplin 6 - thought his movement was half decent, again came too deep in the second half.
Hiwula 4 - you have to score that chance. Also get a shot off on the one prior to that.

Fair assessment

We outplayed them (as we expected) for a majority of the game and could/should have won comfortably !

Agree with people saying Chaplin drops too deep. He’s got to get in the box more as that is is strength. Also, Bayliss when on the ball, showed some real glimpses of quality (way above this level). Pitch was dreadful and certainly doesn’t help with teams playing football (us not them) so it’s not the same for both team. Thought we played some really decent stuff, especially on that pitch but same issues in the final third as we have had all season.

Still think overall nowhere near as bad as some people are making out....just need to shoot more FFS !

Spurs 'City Away Kit' Kit

Fair assessment

We outplayed them (as we expected) for a majority of the game and could/should have won comfortably !

Agree with people saying Chaplin drops too deep. He’s got to get in the box more as that is is strength. Also, Bayliss when on the ball, showed some real glimpses of quality (way above this level). Pitch was dreadful and certainly doesn’t help with teams playing football (us not them) so it’s not the same for both team. Thought we played some really decent stuff, especially on that pitch but same issues in the final third as we have had all season.

Still think overall nowhere near as bad as some people are making out....just need to shoot more FFS !
Agree, shooting and getting them on target will always give us a better chance to score than not! Seriously though, it's not just that shot, it's the chance to follow up on rebounds, fumbles, defenders having a mare and slicing desperate clearances into their own net (I'm entering into wishful thinking territory now). Says a lot when the one who seemed most comfortable pulling the trigger is Kelly!

I think Hiwula's performance in front of goal is because what looks like a very weak right foot and Thomas struggles with his final ball for the same reason. Defenders with half a brain will always show him the outside and limit his effectiveness. Towards the end of the game he gave them a goal kick which, if he was stronger on his right, could have been a decent cross!

JCH looked less effective yesterday when up against a bigger team than we have seen in the last few weeks.

Bright's (as we look to be calling him) positioning seemed strange in the 1st half as his natural line seemed to be level with the edge of the penalty area and constantly looking to drift to more central positions, nothing against someone looking to play in that area but it seemed to crowd out Hiwula a bit - that might work better when McCallum gets a few more games under his belt and we can stretch with width on the left as we can on the right with Sterling & Thomas.

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned in the thread yet but a caller on CWR pointed out that we now have the same number of points as we did when we were relegated in 2016/17. By any standards this is a remarkable turnaround under Robins, especially given the backdrop!

Last edited:

steve82

Burge 6.5
Sterling 7
Willis 7.5
Hyam 8
McCallum 6
Kelly 7.5
Bayliss 7
Enobakhare 5.5
Chaplin 5
Thomas 7
Hiwula 5

JCH 5.5

Looked like we reverted back to a 4231 with Chaplin in the 10 which seen him mostly missing while Enobakhare was on the pitch. Encouraging debut as he showed for the gall a lot but needs minutes as he looks like he’s missing game time.

A frustrating afternoon which Hiwula will rightly claim the large portion of flack but the shooting from the side as a whole was poor when faced with a opportunity to shot.

Build up play was encouraging and patient to work openings to many’s frustration on a bizarre afternoon with many lacking belief and confidence. Kelly, Thomas and Hyam were solid performers for me all afternoon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pete in Portugal

Our approach play was very good and we played well until the final 3rd.

The frustrating bit was in that final 3rd. We left our shooting boots at home.

High and wide from Kelly, Sterling and Thomas in the first half. Two very bad misses from Hiwula and a number of times we had the ball in the penalty area and failed to shoot, or ended up being blocked.

With a few exceptions, that's been the pattern of our season - so far...........

Nick

Administrator
I don't think bright was as bad as made out. He drifted in but at the same time Thomas was doing the same. This was because sterling and McCallum were then overlapping.

Not fully match fit but had a good touch and a bit of skill to beat his man. Should probably have had a shot instead of passing in the first half.

covcity4life

The extremes in how people read his performance is mad.
I think the truth is somewhere in the middle.
Not his best game by far. No way he was man of the match but not as bad as some are making out either.
How many stupid lofted throughballs that went out for goal kicks? How many over hit crosses? Why sidefoot a ball you sre running on to for a great chsnce to score in 1st half?

I would say my 5 is about right. Fine at a push say 6 because I was so angry yesterday.

He's a good player but wasn't good yesterday

steve82

I don't think bright was as bad as made out. He drifted in but at the same time Thomas was doing the same. This was because sterling and McCallum were then overlapping.

Not fully match fit but had a good touch and a bit of skill to beat his man. Should probably have had a shot instead of passing in the first half.

A few more games/match minutes and coaching to what MR asks of him and he will do ok here I think. Potential to be a game changer. Encouraging debut for me.

Looks to bring the return of the 4231 unless it was a specific set up to attack Wimbledon, time will tell.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

covcity4life

Bright did exactly what we were told he would. Great skills and dribbling ability and makes things happen. Hiwula nearly scores from his dribble in box

He will do v well here I think

Agree Steve might be time to try 4231 again. 2 strikers ain't really working anyway as the 2 never link up

rob9872

I'm just glad it was Hiwula rather than Shippers on the left missing that chance or this board would've gone into meltdown!

clint van damme

I'm just glad it was Hiwula rather than Shippers on the left missing that chance or this board would've gone into meltdown!

The think that pissed me off with Hiwula is he appeared to slip, having slipped twice in the first half was he wearing the same boots/ studs?

stevefloyd

Not the first time hes played bambi on ice though he's done it in previous games too.
I thought Hyam was fantastic yesterday cant remember him missing a header

LilleSkyBlue

Burge 5: rooted to line too often. Mixed distribution.

Sterling 7: solid performance

Willis 7.5: his pace saved us a couple rimes. Won his battles well. My motm

Hyam 7: looked good alongside Willis

McCallum 5.5: decent first start. Lost a bit of confidence in his own ability after his first mid control. Will have a big future.

Kelly 6: too much sideways and backwards. Slowing game down.

Bayliss 6: not a bad performance but had to do better when he and hiwula combined to mess up.

Bright 4: not fit. Doesn’t like to head it. Too many touches.

Thomas 7: busy as always. Good relationship with sterling.

Hiwula 4: not a good game today. Not really involved up to the final minute slip

Chaplin 5.5: non existent first half. Much better second with lots of movement but too deep.

Pitch very poor. Need to keep shots down. These are professional footballers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, these aren't far off. I'd give Burge one more though (6) and Bayliss one more (7), plus perhaps a 6.5 for Kelly. He was relatively enterprising. Bright was all right and so he can have a 5 from me. Not clear to me yet what he'll offer us though. Chaplin largely anonymous.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Yep.

Just goes to show the difference between the human brain and the CC4L brain.

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread