Player ratings (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Sterling, hyam and hiwula did well. Bayliss grew into the game and a great touch for assist. Westbrook could tell he was out of position but not a bad debut, dangerous set pieces.

Grendel

Burge 7
Sterling 9
Mason 7
Willis 8
Hyam 7
Kelly 7
Bayliss 7
Westbrooke 6
Shipley 5
Hiwula 8
Chaplin 5

Clarke Harris 8
McCallum 6

mrtrench

Burge : 7 - not much to do
Willis : 7 - solid game
Hyam : 7 - blocks and tackles all game
Mason : 6 - OK
Sterling : 9 - solid and dangerous going forward
Kelly : 8 - very good game, especially second half
Bayliss : 7 - Much better second half
Westbrook: 7 - great debut
Shipley: 7 - played well, good movement and tenacious in the tackle
Hiwula: 8 - worked hard, well taken goal
Chaplin: 6 - missed a sitter and several half chances.

JCH : 7 - Played well disrupting play and holding the ball up, but he never looks like scoring.

Otis

Burge 6.5

Sterling 9.5 - Magnificent

Hyam 8 Very comanding games from both CB's today

Willis 8

Mason 7

Westbrooke 6.5. Some excellent bits of play, but did look a little raw and naive at times

Bayliss 6.5. Normal Bauliss flit in/flit out today. Much better in second half though.

Kelly 9. Very close to being MOTM, but Sterling was just so faultless out there, he has to nudge it.

Shipley 6

Chaplin 6

Hiwula 7

JCH was excellent when he came on. Best I have seen from him for a while.

pusbccfc

Burge - 8
Dujon - 9
Hyam - 8
Willis -7
Mason - 7

Kelly - 8
Bayliss - 7
Shipley - 7
Wetsbrooke - 7

Hiwula - 8.5
Chaplin - 5.5

Subs

JCH : 7

stupot07

Burge 7
Sterling 9
Willis 7
Hyam 8
Mason 7
Westbrook 7
Bayliss 6
Kelly 8
Shipley 7
Chaplin 6
Hiwula 8

Subs
JCH 7
McCallam 7
Doyle 6

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Burge 7 nowt to do
Sterling 9 unreal
Willis 7 easy for Willis every game
Hyam 8 similar to Willis made it look easy mason 6 dodgy first half ok overall
Westbrook 7 steady debut
Kelly 8 grafted and done ok on ball
Bayliss 7 grew in to game good on ball
Shipley 4 still not having him at this level
Chaplin 6 grafted but didn't cause much threat on ball
Hiwula 9 give us so much and great finish

letsallsingtogether

Burge 6.5

Sterling 9.5 - Magnificent

Hyam 8 Very comanding games from both CB's today

Willis 8

Mason 7

Westbrooke 6.5. Some excellent bits of play, but did look a little raw and naive at times

Bayliss 6.5. Normal Bauliss flit in/flit out today. Much better in second half though.

Kelly 9. Very close to being MOTM, but Sterling was just so faultless out there, he has to nudge it.

Shipley 6

Chaplin 6

Hiwula 7

JCH was excellent when he came on. Best I have seen from him for a while.
Agree with that.

SAJ

Burge 6
Sterling 8.5 mom
Willis 7
Hyam 8
Mason 7
Westbrook 6.5
Bayliss 6
Shipley 6
Hiwula 7
Chaplin 5

JCH 7
Liked what I saw about McCallum

Sky Blue Pete

Burge - 7 untroubled and some good punches in added time
Sterling - 8.5 mom excellent control second half but he didn’t get the support he needed on the right hand side last 10
Willis - 8 excellent
Hyam - 8 excellent
Mason - 7 him and Shipley work the ball forward well. It was strange to take him off but probably hoping to get another 75 out of him Wednesday
Shipley - 6 struggled to get involved. He gets in good positions
Kelly - 8 excellent energy and passing throughout
Bayliss - 7 does disappear but made more runs, got the assist and stayed awake last 10 to get a couple of excellent blocks in
Westbrooke - 7.5 really good second half and excellent delivery from set pieces
Chaplin - 6.5 energy and tracking back all excellent. His miss was awful
Hiwula - 7.5 not sure he had more than 5 touches first half but his finish and energy when pushed out wide was really good

Subs

Jch - 7.5 for 20 mins was unplayable
Mccallam - na not on long enough
Doyle - na similarly

Good win that

covcity4life

Burge 7
Hyam 9
Willis 9
Sterling 10
Mason 8
Kelly 9
Bayliss 6
Westbrooke 7
Shipley 6
Chaplin 5
Hiwulla 7

Jch 7
Mcallum.n/a
Doyle n/a

clint van damme

I'm in a minority here obviously and although I agree Sterling was MotM I thought he struggled getting forward first half and their left hand side player looked to strong for him when he tried to get forward. He also tried to hit Chaplin with high balls on more than one occasion.

Mucca Mad Boys

Burge, 7 - safe pair of hands today, good save at the death.

Sterling, 8 - classy performance defensively and going forward. One thing that particularly impressed me was when he was pressing their LM and had the IQ to notice the run behind him, he then dropped off and picks up the interception. Man of the match.

Willis, 7 - really good all round defensive display.

Hyam, 7 - steady distribution, excellent in the air and is forming a v good partnership with Willis.

Mason, 6 - played well, would like to see more crosses and dribbles from him.

Westbrook, 6 - nervy display, but did a decent job in his first start.

Bayliss, 7 - bit of a mixed bag, glimpses of class followed by a misplaced passes. However, his assist for Hiwula was superb and defended well at the end.

Kelly, 7 - midfield general today and soldiered on at the end. Would like to see him and Doyle reunited.

Shipley, 6 - nothing spectacular, but was pretty inventive in finding space, even if the execution was lacking at times.

Chaplin, 6 - nothing really came off for him, plenty of touches went astray. Would like to see him cut in from the wing and get shots off like he did in the first half.

Hiwula, 8 - taking his chance up front perfectly. Won a surprising amount aerially, hold up play was good too. Took his chance really well. Unlucky not to be MOTM.

Subs:

JCH, 7 - bossed their defenders and was denied a goal by a great save.

Doyle, 7 - didn’t do much, but was the perfect sub for the circumstances.

McCallum, 6 - glimpses of real quality for a 17 year old. Promising player.

Credit to Robins, we won a tough game and his subs were spot on.

PVA

Burge 7
Sterling 8
Mason 7
Willis 8
Hyam 9 - MOTM
Kelly 8
Bayliss 6
Westbrooke 7
Shipley 5
Hiwula 7
Chaplin 7

Clarke Harris 7
McCallum 6

no_loyalty

Burge 7
Sterling 9 MOTM
Mason 7
Willis 8
Hyam 8
Kelly 8
Bayliss 7
Westbrooke 7
Shipley 6
Hiwula 7
Chaplin 6

JCH 7
McCallum 6
Doyle 6

Skybluefaz

Burge 7 - much better from him
Sterling 9 - best full back performance from a city player in years
Hyam 8 - great composure on the ball again, some great long passes to Sterling
Willis 8 - doing more of the dirty work than Hyam. Equally as good though
Mason 7.5 - solid, decent on the ball
Westbrooke 6.5 - good debut, not a winger but put a shift in. Some good technique.
Kelly 8 - great from him again, looks quite talismanic at times. Body on the line
Bayliss 7 - stop start first half, great second half
Shipley 5 - another match without putting a tackle in. 5 yards backwards passes in the first half. Second half much better. More positive intentions on the ball.
Hiwula 8 - great finish, good touches. Don't think he should have been shifted left
Chaplin 6 - worked hard, has to score that chance from the free kick

steve82

Burge 7 - steady game comfortable and confident
Sterling 8.5 - classy, stretched Southend in the 2nd half and great defensive work.
Willis 7.5 - grew into the game, one of his best games in a ccfc shirt for me.
Hyam 7 - fully claimed the shirt back, Davies will have to wait patiently.
Mason 7 - good energetic game.
Westbrook 7 - grew into the game, constantly showed for the ball. Exciting....
Bayliss 6.5 - anonymous mostly but lovely assist and good blocks in the last 10
Kelly 8 - screened the back 4 nicely, battled and grafted
Shipley 6 - another who showed and didn’t shy away, didn’t always pay off tho.
Chaplin 6.5 - grafted but nothing to show today for good work
Hiwula 7.5 - played as a striker, scored. Worked hard too.

Subs
JCH 7 - played like he wanted his spot back. A good value sub.
McCallam 6.5 - looked comfortable.
Doyle 6 - added vital experience and bite to Kelly’s finding.

Not a complete performance but a dogged one and importantly another vital win. Great to see Hiwula clinical in front of goal again when utilised as a striker, looks a far happier player. Back four were good value, as was Liam Kelly. A good captains performance from him. Westbrooke I’d love to see given a go in a central role in time if he can build on today’s showing. Didn’t shy away from anything, wanted to receive constantly. A positive player and league debut.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rob9872

I'm not sure what you're all seeing with JCH that I'm missing. Consistent 7+ from you all on here and I'm thinking you're all smoking crack but it seems I'm the odd one out. Perhaps I'm blinded before he gets on but for me he doesn't bully or hold the ball up, he's poor in the air, has no right foot at all and doesn't score enough. Falls over a lot and gives the ball away.

Hiwula on the other hand I was dead against a few weeks back out on the left, but looks a totally different proposition through the middle and a genuine goal threat.

Nick

Administrator
I'm not sure what you're all seeing with JCH that I'm missing. Consistent 7+ from you all on here and I'm thinking you're all smoking crack but it seems I'm the odd one out. Perhaps I'm blinded before he gets on but for me he doesn't bully or hold the ball up, he's poor in the air, has no right foot at all and doesn't score enough. Falls over a lot and gives the ball away.

Hiwula on the other hand I was dead against a few weeks back out on the left, but looks a totally different proposition through the middle and a genuine goal threat.
Thought jch was better than usual today in terms of battling with their defenders to slow the game down. It worked as we are winning, when we are losing its pointless.

Adge

Burge 7 Better than of late.
Sterling 9 Great game and man of the match for me aswell.
Willis 7 Decent display-comfortable alongside Hyam.
Hyam 8 Won lots of headers, composed on the ball and got us moving in the right direction with a couple of lovely balls cross field.
Mason 7 Complimented the rest of the defence.
Kelly 8 Got pushed off/out muscled a couple of times in the first half but got better as the game went on and had a hand in the goal. Good captains performance.
Bayliss 7 Getting back to what we know he can do. Much better today but the usual final ball again a bit of a let down after good initial play.
Shipley 6 Maybe a bridge to far for him still (L1) but ok on the whole before going off.
Westbrook 6 Surprised at some of the high marks. Didn’t really catch my eye but could be argued that wasn’t his best position.
Hiwula 7 Looked dangerous in his rightful position and scored to end a great move. Helping the team out by reverting to the left when Shipley went off.
Chaplin 6 Has to put that chance away or at least hit the target. Good effort just after that to be fair that just fizzed past the post. Needs a goal but didn’t go hiding.

Subs JCH 7 Great cameo when he came on.
Doyle and McCallum not really on long enough.

A good day at the office apart from a nervy last 5 minutes which I think would have been unfair had we drew the game if they had equalised. Still not the finished article but efficient would be a good description for today.

JWC

My first game I’ve been able to get to since Sunderland and I really enjoyed it by the end. Thought the first half both teams were poor but the second half we came alive and were deserved winners.

Burge - 7.
Sterling - 9. Class performance, looks like a proper player.
Willis - 8. Solid and reliable.
Hyam - 9. My MOTM. Excellent centre half display. He was solid, and comfortable on the ball and looked like he wouldn’t be beaten all afternoon.
Mason - 7.
Shipley - 6.
Kelly - 8.
Bayliss - 7.
Westbrooke - 7.
Chaplin - 6.
Hiwula - 7. I thought he was anonymous before the goal. Came alive after that though.

JCH - 8.
Doyle - n/a
McCallum - n/a

Users who are viewing this thread