Player Ratings (1 Viewer)

CCFC_Charlie

Allsop - 7 - Did what was asked of him, and was hardly tested. Decent close range save in the second half.
Clarke - 7 - Not convinced about him going forward but he did we defensively, especially under pressure.
Willis - 8 - Looks an good centre back in the making, solid defensively.
Webster - 7 - Decent, did his job. We kept a clean sheet so all the defence did their job today.
Johnson - 7 - Can look a bit of a donkey at time but he wins everything in the air. Valuable at set pieces.
Haynes - 8 - Excellent first half, did very well for the goal and always in space. Gillingham seemed to adapt their game plan a bit in the second half to combat him and he got less of the play but still a very good performance.
Fleck - 8 - Is he even the same fat lad we signed from Rangers? Never stopped running, and controlled a lot of our play.
Thomas - 5 - Disappointing, while I appreciate the tidiness of his play there is a certain lethargy that frustrates. He just seems to take a second too long thinking about every pass and then when he acts instinctively we get that tame shot right at the goalkeeper.
O'Brien - 7 - A lot of running, and a lot of good runs in attacking positions that weren't picked up. Finishing could be improved.
Tudgay - 5 - Also disappointing, just seemed to be missing something. I thought he was decent against MK Dons with a lot less support but tonight he didn't ever really get into the game.
Nouble - 7 - Did the one thing asked of him and scored.

McQuoid - 5 - A lot of running and flicks but not much else. Wasn't helped by our lack of urgency in the last 15 minutes.
Hines - N/A
Finch - N/A

stupot07

Allsop - 6
Clarke - 7
Willis -7
Webster -7
Johnson - 7
Fleck -7
Thomas - 7
O'brien - 7.5 motm
Nouble - 7
Tudguy - 5

Mcquoid - 6

Hines/finch - n/a

cornoccfc

Little confidence in Allsop, thought he was hesitant coming out for things, poor communication with the back line. Spilled at least shot which could have been a confortable catch.

Haynes oustanding

Everyone else, decent job tonight, especially considering the occasion.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Allsop - 6 - Thought he looked unconvincing, another clean sheet though
Reda, Webster, Willis -8- Defence looked very good, feels odd to be solid defensively
Clarke -7- Good performance, hope he can get back to the levels he was at a few years ago
Haynes -7- Outstanding first half, not as much a threat in the second
Fleck -7- Very good performance, also made some driving runs with the ball which I haven't seen from him before
O'Brien -7- Another good performance, makes good off the ball runs which adds another dimension to our attack. Shoulda scored near the end
Thomas -7- Showed promise which he hadn't shown over the last 6 months
Nouble -8- Looked a massive goal threat and may be what we have missing, a striker which is direct, tall, can hold the ball up, powerful. Think he can make the difference for us in games but also has the potential to be incredibly frustrating
Tudgay -5- Agree with those who say he was poor, in 6 or 7 games he hasn't even gone close to scoring has he?

Fleck, O'Brien and Haynes could have got 8 but I marked them down one as they weren't as influential second half.

The Penguin

Allsop - 5.5 - Shaky for much of the game, did make a decent save in the second half. Lucky not to be tested more by Gillingham. I don't have a lot of confidence in him on this showing.
Clarke - 6 - Agree that he was okay defensively, but if we're gonna play with wingbacks, you have to be able to offer something both ways.
Willis - 8 - Very impressed with him.
Webster - 7 - Was unobtrusive, and I guess that's what you want from a defender.
Johnson - 6.5 - Bloody hell he is a big unit! Was alright but did get caught for pace once or twice.
Haynes - 8 - Superb first half; now I understand the hype. Faded in the second half but he wasn't Billy No-Mates there. The work he put on for the goal was top drawer.
Fleck - 7.5 - A pretty good display; be nice if he had a couple of quality strikers to knock killer balls to.
Thomas - 5.5 - First half I thought he was okay. Second half, he gave the ball away a bit too much and got knocked off the ball too easily for my liking. His ball to O'Brien in the second half was a glimpse of what he's capable of though.
O'Brien - 7 - Works hard, gets in good positions from midfield, which is something all good teams need in my view. I like him but, as has already been observed, he needs to work on his finishing.
Tudgay - 4 - Not at the races today.
Nouble - 7 - Gets a half-mark for a very well taken goal; huffed and puffed pretty well otherwise. Think he'll be very useful in his time here, but not completely sold on him being the prolific goalgetter we desperately need.

McQuoid - 5 - Agree that he was let down a bit by our taking the foot off the pedal in the second half. Didn't seem to get involved much though.
Hines - N/A
Finch - N/A

It's nice to be able to give thoughts on a game; I just hope it's not our only televised match for the season!

WestEndAgro

Allsop. 7 did enough but jury still out, seems to lack authority
Clarke. 7 steady confident performance
Wills 7 calm and composed
Webster 7 cleaned up everything Reda didn't
Haynes 7.5 very composed, great delivery and good assist
Reda 7 a rock, won all his headers, powerfull nononcense defending
Fleck 7.5 controlled midfield
Thomas 6.5 good effort, kept the ball moving and covered alot of ground
O'brien 8 didn't stop running, great shift
Tudguy 5 didn't look fit, bad first touch, poor game
Nouble 7 big and powerful, good finish

Im as happy as a pig in shit :)

Sutty

Allsop - 6 - needs to make a decision. Several times he started to do the right thing, then stopped, then started again and got stuck.

Clarke - 7 - Defended extremely well, hardly any of their attacks came down the right. Played a really smart ball back inside in the first 5 minutes which could have got us a goal.
Willis - 8 - Really, really sold.
Webster - 8 - See Willis.
Johnson - 7.5 - Headed everything away and defended the near post well.
Haynes - 7.5 - Great going forward during the first half, but got exposed defensively by McGlashan. Great composure and game awareness for the goal.

Fleck - 8 - Great range of passing, keeps us ticking, and gives us great energy in the midfield.
Thomas - 7 - The first hour or so was up there as one of his best games for the club. Added more going forward than normal too. Ran his socks off though and faded badly towards the end.
O'Brien - 8 - This midfield 3 works incredibly hard. O'Brien's touch and pass out to Haynes for the goal was a touch of class.

Tudgay - 5 - Linked the play reasonably in the first 30, but it didn't work for him today.
Nouble - 7 - Movement for the goal was great, and the finish gets better every time I see it. Exactly the type of player we needed.

Not fair to rate the subs as we'd pretty much shut up shop by the time they came on.

SlowerThanPlatt

Alsopp - 6
Clarke - 8
Willis - 8
Johnson - 7
Webster - 7
Haynes - 9
Fleck - 7
Thomas - 6
O'Brien - 7
Tudgay - 5
Nouble - 7

RFC

Allsop - 7 - Did what was asked of him, and was hardly tested. Decent close range save in the second half.
Clarke - 7 - Not convinced about him going forward but he did we defensively, especially under pressure.
Willis - 8 - Looks an good centre back in the making, solid defensively.
Webster - 7 - Decent, did his job. We kept a clean sheet so all the defence did their job today.
Johnson - 7 - Can look a bit of a donkey at time but he wins everything in the air. Valuable at set pieces.
Haynes - 8 - Excellent first half, did very well for the goal and always in space. Gillingham seemed to adapt their game plan a bit in the second half to combat him and he got less of the play but still a very good performance.
Fleck - 8 - Is he even the same fat lad we signed from Rangers? Never stopped running, and controlled a lot of our play.
Thomas - 5 - Disappointing, while I appreciate the tidiness of his play there is a certain lethargy that frustrates. He just seems to take a second too long thinking about every pass and then when he acts instinctively we get that tame shot right at the goalkeeper.
O'Brien - 7 - A lot of running, and a lot of good runs in attacking positions that weren't picked up. Finishing could be improved.
Tudgay - 5 - Also disappointing, just seemed to be missing something. I thought he was decent against MK Dons with a lot less support but tonight he didn't ever really get into the game.
Nouble - 7 - Did the one thing asked of him and scored.

McQuoid - 5 - A lot of running and flicks but not much else. Wasn't helped by our lack of urgency in the last 15 minutes.
Hines - N/A
Finch - N/A

Obviously you weren't at the same game as me.

percy

fleck was outstanding. he typified everything pressley wants from his players. he looked hungry, he pressed high, was confident in possesion and always looked for the incisive pass. he was easily my man of the match, well done lad.

RFC

Allsop. 7 did enough but jury still out, seems to lack authority
Clarke. 7 steady confident performance
Wills 7 calm and composed
Webster 7 cleaned up everything Reda didn't
Haynes 7.5 very composed, great delivery and good assist
Reda 7 a rock, won all his headers, powerfull nononcense defending
Fleck 7.5 controlled midfield
Thomas 6.5 good effort, kept the ball moving and covered alot of ground
O'brien 8 didn't stop running, great shift
Tudguy 5 didn't look fit, bad first touch, poor game
Nouble 7 big and powerful, good finish

Im as happy as a pig in shit :)

Finally a realist, more or less agree.

gruffskyblue

OBrien was excellent today. Every movement was forward, positive. Fleck was great but Obrien was the best player in midfield. We need that thrust and he is providing it. Fleck is a perfect Quaterback, as Pressley made reference to. Not sure about the front men but then after last season...

CCFC_Charlie

Finally a realist, more or less agree.

You do realise there is barely a difference between these ratings and the ratings you just claimed I was at a different match for giving, an opinion you gave without even offering anything to counter it may I add?

letsallsingtogether

Fuck it I give them all 10......

Scored one let in none played some nice football what more do we need....

PUSB

ccfc_Tom

Haynes, willis, fleck were brilliant. Nouble was enjoyable to watch, o'brian never stopped running while thomas was solid. Tudgay only poor performance, mcquoid looked a better option up front. Great night, great result!

Baginton

my first game since this time last year

Haynes is very good and easy to spot lol

Cov passed the ball around great

I miss Murphy

superb fans tonight, top class.

letsallsingtogether

I just wish Haynes would have put in a few rouge/shit crosses,
otherwise every one might be after him if he keeps that up.....
Thought he deserved MOM he never stopped all night, glad he got it.

my first game since this time last year

Haynes is very good and easy to spot lol

Cov passed the ball around great

I miss Murphy

superb fans tonight, top class.

shmmeee

No ratings, but first time I've seen a lot of players.

I really liked the look of O'Brien, like a controlled Baker if that makes sense, does good work in tight spaces but seems to work in the team better.

Johnson is a unit, but has the passing ability of a brick wall. But we've needed a unit for a while, thought Webster looked better than last time I saw him.

Liked Tudgay's runs and link up play and Nouble looks like he could do well.

Got a Josh McQuoid poster for my bedroom as well :p

AngryAnt

First time for a while tonight, nice to be back home :).

Haynes was fantastic, he spent most of the first half unmarked in space. Fleck and O'brien were both great too.

Tudgay, why on earth did we sign him? I'll understand if he's carrying an injury, but honestly I think I saw him win two balls all day.

Kingokings204

Alsopp I have watched a few times now. He is the classic good shot stopper but has no authority and comes for no crosses even when right on top on him. Very annoying as I was a goalkeeper. Needs to come off his line and command and then he will be better. Didn't have much to do. 5

Clarke was excellent for me, been dodgy thus far but excellent today. Full of running. 8

Willis was awesome classic fast strong cb. Real talent here. 8

Webster was a rock. Headed most and read the game very well. 8

Johnson is a beast. Got to everything. Every header went about 50 yeards and a goal threat. Great captain 8

Haynes was a hero. Set up the goal and for 18 he is a true Coventry hero already. Faded a bit second half but I'm being padantic. 9

Fleck ran and bossed the game. Great effort which should of scored. Battles and passes. 8

Thomas, I am not a fan. End of. He had a good first half tbf but second half almost cost us a goal numerous times. Looked battered. Always tries his best but not good enough in terms of quality. 6

O brien is a work horse. Full of quality and desire. Needs a goal as had the chances. Will come 8

Noble was what we hoped a big target man with pace and power and can score. Great finish. 8

Tudgay, I like him and he has been good for us so far but wasn't there today. Nothing come off and no look of a goal. Hopefully a one off. He is quality deep down. 6

Mcquiod looked ok but come on at the wrong time to affect the game attackingly. 6

Overall we were lucky to not concede and other teams will score but hey we are due some luck. Have to take advantage of it. Another clean sheet and up to 8th probably 10th after the games tomorrow.

Need some rest as we looked battered second half. 3 games in 7 days is too much. A week over to rest now. Yeovil are a poor side. Chance again for another win. Crowd will be still buzzing. I go for 18k attendance. That's bloody good for yeovil. Come on city.

Pusb

fernandopartridge

Good to see your consistently innaccurate

Alsopp I have watched a few times now. He is the classic good shot stopper but has no authority and comes for no crosses even when right on top on him. Very annoying as I was a goalkeeper. Needs to come off his line and command and then he will be better. Didn't have much to do. 5

Johnson is a beast. Got to everything. Every header went about 50 yeards and a goal threat. Great captain 8

Haynes was a hero. Set up the goal and for 18 he is a true Coventry hero already. Faded a bit second half but I'm being padantic. 9

Fleck ran and bossed the game. Great effort which should of scored. Battles and passes. 8

Thomas, I am not a fan. End of. He had a good first half tbf but second half almost cost us a goal numerous times. Looked battered. Always tries his best but not good enough in terms of quality. 6

O brien is a work horse. Full of quality and desire. Needs a goal as had the chances. Will come 8

Noble was what we hoped a big target man with pace and power and can score. Great finish. 8

Tudgay, I like him and he has been good for us so far but wasn't there today. Nothing come off and no look of a goal. Hopefully a one off. He is quality deep down. 6

Mcquiod looked ok but come on at the wrong time to affect the game attackingly. 6

Overall we were lucky to not concede and other teams will score but hey we are due some luck. Have to take advantage of it. Another clean sheet and up to 8th probably 10th after the games tomorrow.

Need some rest as we looked battered second half. 3 games in 7 days is too much. A week over to rest now. Yeovil are a poor side. Chance again for another win. Crowd will be still buzzing. I go for 18k attendance. That's bloody good for yeovil. Come on city.

Pusb

ccfc1234

Allsop - 5.5 - Shaky for much of the game, did make a decent save in the second half. Lucky not to be tested more by Gillingham. I don't have a lot of confidence in him on this showing.
Clarke - 6 - Agree that he was okay defensively, but if we're gonna play with wingbacks, you have to be able to offer something both ways.
Willis - 8 - Very impressed with him.
Webster - 7 - Was unobtrusive, and I guess that's what you want from a defender.
Johnson - 6.5 - Bloody hell he is a big unit! Was alright but did get caught for pace once or twice.
Haynes - 8 - Superb first half; now I understand the hype. Faded in the second half but he wasn't Billy No-Mates there. The work he put on for the goal was top drawer.
Fleck - 7.5 - A pretty good display; be nice if he had a couple of quality strikers to knock killer balls to.
Thomas - 5.5 - First half I thought he was okay. Second half, he gave the ball away a bit too much and got knocked off the ball too easily for my liking. His ball to O'Brien in the second half was a glimpse of what he's capable of though.
O'Brien - 7 - Works hard, gets in good positions from midfield, which is something all good teams need in my view. I like him but, as has already been observed, he needs to work on his finishing.
Tudgay - 4 - Not at the races today.
Nouble - 7 - Gets a half-mark for a very well taken goal; huffed and puffed pretty well otherwise. Think he'll be very useful in his time here, but not completely sold on him being the prolific goalgetter we desperately need.

McQuoid - 5 - Agree that he was let down a bit by our taking the foot off the pedal in the second half. Didn't seem to get involved much though.
Hines - N/A
Finch - N/A

It's nice to be able to give thoughts on a game; I just hope it's not our only televised match for the season!

Agree with your ratings and assessments 100%.

If only Clarke had the delivery into the box of Haynes we would be such a handful on the wings!!
Tudgay was very poor (has been all season) and Mcquoid is just as laboured and dire.
Despite having 4 forwards when jackson returns from playing for Canada, we still look very light up top. Nouble and Jackson would be my starters for sure, but we need a 20 goal forward if we want to make the top 6 and I currently don't see one in the squad.
Thomas in fairness is good at making tackles and breaking play up, however his touch is very heavy far too often and we give the ball away needlessly as a result.

All in all a great night, some good performances and delighted to be home, really hope CCFC fans please keep turning up like this, because if we do we might be just be able to afford a new forward by Jan.

Last edited:

Macca

Decent bits of play all around, confident and no little skill. However moments of awful defending and impotency upfront. Certainly could have been beaten on another day and look like mid table fodder at the moment. Great to be back and reignited my "giveashitometer"

mrtrench

I don't get all these high scores fro Nouble. Yes, he scored - but he was more or less gifted the goal after Haynes set it up for him.
He is there to hold the ball up and bring people into play and for the most part he failed. His first touch was poor and the ball went straight back to Gillingham almost every time he received with his back to goal. And then he went and surprised me with a few nice touches. Maybe, despite his size, he's just not a target man?

Porkchophill

Thought Tudguy was very negative every time we broke forward from midfield instead of running beyond the defenders he ran sideways and took us back to midfield very strange , hope it was just a bad day at the office
Haynes outstanding disciplined nullified there biggest threat good battle between them two
Johnston captains performance threw himself at everything
fleck a level above vision control string puller
Thomas hate to say this because I do like him but hindered our attacking at times with missed placed passes
willis looking the real deal
Clarke gives it everything mr reliable
really like O'brian could maybe do with being a little stronger on the ball
Alsop was ok needs kicking practice can tell he's an old school keeper kicked the ball directly out of play 2 or 3 times and then balled his defence out haha

Hobo

Allsop 5.5 not a lot to do but shakes when he has to command the 6 yard box.
Clarke 6.5 steady game
Willis 8 didn't put a foot wrong
Webster 7 looked solid
Johnson 6.5 lacks pace but had to cover for Haynes pushing forward in first half
Haynes 8 excellent first half more defensive in second. Head up whilst on the run to pick out Nouble for goal
Fleck 7 good solid game
Thomas 6 started okay but faded. Not sure if it is confidence or concentration letting him down. Effort seems to be there.
O'Brien 7 works hard makes some great runs, things didn't always fall quite right for him.
Tudgay 5 some nice touches early on, but didn't look at the races at all, doesn't seem fit or is just off the pace now?
Nouble 7 put himself about and good Finnish.

Mcquoid 6 came on when we were drifting out the game. Gave us a bit of an outlet with some intelligent runs. But by then it was more a case of let's see the game out.

Hines/Finch to late to assess, but nice touch for Pressley to bring them on and give them a taste of the big match atmosphere.

This side is a work in progress. We rode our luck a couple of times but were generally well organised and stuck to a passing game. Have seen plenty of city sides in the past buckle before a big crowd when holding a slender lead. It was a must win game for the occasion, job done.

FRY-CCFC

I would like to point out to all the people giving Tudgay below par scores is that it's not his fault he hasn't looked like scoring, it's the formation. He gets about a chance per game because we have one outlet and that's Haynes down the wing. Tudgay is very good at holding the ball up, everything stuck when it went up to him tonight, but when that happens, he has no one peeling off him so he has to either play it backwards to Conor Thomas who then proceeds to lose the ball, or try and link with Nouble which he did well today. When he's getting no service and having to create for himself, he's never going to have a chance really is he. Put him in 4-4-2 and he'd score a lot more.

Hobo

I would like to point out to all the people giving Tudgay below par scores is that it's not his fault he hasn't looked like scoring, it's the formation. He gets about a chance per game because we have one outlet and that's Haynes down the wing. Tudgay is very good at holding the ball up, everything stuck when it went up to him tonight, but when that happens, he has no one peeling off him so he has to either play it backwards to Conor Thomas who then proceeds to lose the ball, or try and link with Nouble which he did well today. When he's getting no service and having to create for himself, he's never going to have a chance really is he. Put him in 4-4-2 and he'd score a lot more.

I see the point you are making about his play, but I don't see why 4-4-2 would help him. Haynes would be at full back and O'Brien wouldn't be in the team as the attacking midfielder making his runs. You would still have Thomas and then Fleck, who is a good passer but plays fairly deep and often lack pace to really burst forward. It's not like Tudgay is playing as a lone striker.

FRY-CCFC

Allsop

Phillips Hines Johnson Haynes

O'Brien Thomas Fleck Coulibaly/Swanson

Tudgay/McQuoid/Nouble/Jackson/Miller

If you look at us last year, we made a ridiculous amount of chances with this formation and though not water tight, the strikers would have at least 3 good chances each to score.

I do agree that I expected Tudgay to score more but he hasn't been helped by the formation.

shmmeee

Allsop

Phillips Hines Johnson Haynes

O'Brien Thomas Fleck Coulibaly/Swanson

Tudgay/McQuoid/Nouble/Jackson/Miller

If you look at us last year, we made a ridiculous amount of chances with this formation and though not water tight, the strikers would have at least 3 good chances each to score.

I do agree that I expected Tudgay to score more but he hasn't been helped by the formation.

And we let in a ridiculous amount of goals. We only scored so many because we lucked out on Clarke and Wilson.

The formation is fine, we are simply not as gung-ho this season. And if were to mount a sustained challenge that's not a bad thing.

FRY-CCFC

I see the point you are making about his play, but I don't see why 4-4-2 would help him. Haynes would be at full back and O'Brien wouldn't be in the team as the attacking midfielder making his runs. You would still have Thomas and then Fleck, who is a good passer but plays fairly deep and often lack pace to really burst forward. It's not like Tudgay is playing as a lone striker.

If you look to last year, we created a large amount of chances with each striker usually getting about 3 each per game. In 5-3-2, tudgay gets one if he's lucky.

Obviously this isn't fully the formations fault and I'd expected him to score more but the formation is inhibiting his performance.

FRY-CCFC

And we let in a ridiculous amount of goals. We only scored so many because we lucked out on Clarke and Wilson.

The formation is fine, we are simply not as gung-ho this season. And if were to mount a sustained challenge that's not a bad thing.

It's a fair point and I do expect a fully fit Jackson to tear this league apart especially if he's partnered with a big man like Nouble.

Also, that double post was down to tapatalk being dumb so I wrote the post twice.

Hobo

If you look to last year, we created a large amount of chances with each striker usually getting about 3 each per game. In 5-3-2, tudgay gets one if he's lucky.

Obviously this isn't fully the formations fault and I'd expected him to score more but the formation is inhibiting his performance.

You can't put last years chances down to the formation, a lot was to do with the players. We haven't got the pace and movement we had last year, plus we were too gung ho hence the goals against.

Admittedly we didn't have much coming down the right last night. But we had enough possession especially in the first half for Tudgay to have shone a bit more...I'm not necessarily judging him on chances, more his general play and final position...whether he gets the ball or not!

ashbyjan

Isn't it great to be talking about football rather than court cases, finances, legal matters, fairycastle stadiums etc. For what its worth I thought there were 11 heroes on the pitch but more importantly 28,000 off it. But just to keep the talk football related:
Allsopp - 6 - had little to do and what he did he didn't do well. Doesn't command his box and almost cost a goal at the end but hey a clean sheet is a clean sheet
Clarke - 7 - worked hard, covered up and down the line brilliantly, great defensively supporting Willis not so effective going forward
Willis - 8 - A real star in the making, tough, cool, reads game well - great effort
Webster - 7 - No nonsense display - if it need to be in row z then thats where it goes. Looks much better with Reda along side him
Johnson - 8 - Imagine opponents are knackered just trying to run round him! Not the quickest but didn't miss a header and lead by example
Haynes - 8 - Brilliant first half going forward, couple of superb crosses, always willing to go forward, defensively still has a lot to learn but a potential star
Thomas - 7 - Great first half, always the one making runs into the box from midfield, worked his socks off, some brilliant cross field passes Starting to look like the player we always thought he could be
Fleck - 8 - Great all round display, better fitness = better performance on pitch - football is a simple game! Could have had goal of the season!
O'Brien - 7 - covered every blade of grass and non grass on the pitch - all action display.
Tudgay - 5 - tried and tried but it was one of those nights where his second touch was usually a tackle. Simply not his night
Nouble - 7 - Held ball up well, linked with midfield, took his goal with class - surprised it was him who was subbed and not Tudgay but maybe he was knackered
Fans - 10.5 - What an emotional night full of smiles, hope and expectation. Great noise all night

Users who are viewing this thread