Player Ratings (1 Viewer)

Jamesimus

Wilson - 5 - unsure what he could have done about the goals. Kicking and distribution on brand.

Bidwell - 6 - Largely solid and unfancy

Panzo - 4 - Did some great things and some daft things. I feel like he could be better defensive mid than CB but I've drank lots of wine. Could have gave away a penalty himself with some clumsiness but luckily outside the box.

Rose - 6 - Didn't do much wrong. Decent enough making short passes today as well which can often be his downfall.

Doyle - 7 - Actually thought he was very good today (yes I realised we conceded many goals)

Burroughs - 6 - Didn't look out of place. Like to think there's more to see from him.

Sheaf - 5 - Started very well, then made a ridiculous decision to foul someone in an unnecessary area, once on a yellow he was much subdued.

Hamer - 6 - Its clear he has that bit of quality and most of his deliveries were great today. Wish he was slightly more mobile after eating a big turkey yesterday.

Allen - 4 - I've defended him in the past. Passenger today and when he was touching the ball it was to do something that everyone would then groan at.

O'Hare - 3 - Angry that he got himself injured.

Palmer - 6 - His technical ability is clear, didn't work out for him today and he is another player that relies on the mobility of others. If our medical department can implant the engine of Jamie Allen within him, then that would cover for COH being injured.

Gyokeres - 5 - Seems harsh because he scored, and it is harsh because he is still our best player. However, games are decided on game-changing moments. He has that selfish streak, that means he probably insists on taking the pen. He knows there are better players in that 11 at taking a pen, he knows it. That is selfish, that is the moment and it has been and gone.

Wagehorn - 4 - Little impact, don't think there's much else he could have done with header. But also, he didn't really do anything else.

Dabo - 6 - Actually quite bright when he came on. Got some decent crosses in. Had some very "Dabo" first touches.

Kelly - 5 - Not sure why he was bought on other than for match fitness. Did okay.

Tavares - 6 - Many many step overs, decent cross across the box. Had an impact and wasn't scared of getting on the ball.

Sheffield United - 6 - Definitely no where near the best opposition team I've seen so far, but no where near the worst either. Definitely some of the quietest fans I've heard. Some good players - Berge, McAtee; Ndiaye is also very good but not convinced he was injured, just didn't fancy the graft when we got a goal back.

Last edited:

shmmeee

Wilson - 4: Poor. Rooted to his line too often. Doesn’t command his box. Kicks like someone who has never played football before.

Rose - 7: Solid game. Looked good since he came back. Some good pace at times to recover.
Doyle - 6: Getting better but distribution not where it could be. Seems pointless him coming up for corners as for a big lad never seems to win things in the air.
Panzo - 5: Not his best game. A threat at corners but seemingly not so much in his own box which is weird.

Burroughs - 7: Decent game and showed some good skill and decent delivery plus is improving defensively. Thought he was unlucky to get taken off and not moved over for Bidwel TBH.
Hamer - 6: Not his best game. Some good set pieces but got bullied in the middle along with…
Sheaf - 6: Poor booking early on limited him.
Bidwell - 6: Not terrible, not spectacular.

Allen - 3: Fucking awful. Lost the ball repeatedly to add to his existing rap sheet of never getting close to the opposition and being about as threatening as a baby poodle.
O’Hare - N/A
Palmer - 6: Looked dangerous, only player to beat a man and instrumental in the few decent attacks we had but like a few needs to whack it from the edge of the box occasionally instead of tika taka

Gyokeres - 5: Yes he scored, but terrible pen it was obvious he was never going to score and far too selfish today. Was mostly marked out of the game, probably the worst I’ve seen him this season

Dabo - 7: Lively and got forward well. still not convinced by his delivery but part of a mini resurgence.
Waghorn - 6: Should have had two really and helped us keep the ball up the front. But didn’t have two because he’s not a striker.
Kelly - 5: Utterly pointless again. Just not up to this level of football.
Tavares - 11

stupot07

Wilson 5
Burroughs 5
Rose 7
Doyle 6
Panzo 4
Boswell 6
Hamer 6
Sheaf 6
Allen 3
O'Hare n/a
Gyokeres 6

Subs
Palmer 5
Kelly 4
Waghorn 4
Tavares 6
Dabo 5

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Wilson - 4. Can’t kick, doesn’t save anything. Is rooted to his goal line for everything. Trying to be as polite as possible.

Burroughs - 6. They had a good time down his flank but more through their quality than anything he did wrong. Has pace and can drive forward as an outlet, a little like JCH did from CB at times.

Rose - 7, decent. A good performance in difficult circumstances

Panzo - 5, looked uncomfortable on the ball at times and so often went backwards when he could have driven forward

Doyle - 6 flip side to Panzo, tried to play but overplayed at times

Allen - 3 must be the worst performance of his entire career

Sheaf - 6 some good tackles but largely quiet after a well deserved booking

Hamer - 6 some good bits, some bad.

Palmer - 6.5, the only player who looked like making something happen. Guilty of overplaying it at times

Gyokeres - 6, poor penalty, made up for it with his goal but largely kept trying too much.

Dabo - 5. Over hit so many passes.

Kelly - 5, harsh as he’s returning from injury but we’ve outgrown him

Waghorn - 5.5 not great but better than most around me suggested.

Tavares - 6 looked at least lively in the 10 minutes he had.

SBA - 3. Genuinely the quietest I’ve heard us in a long time. People threw coins and a lighter at McAtee as he celebrated and the fucking bellend somewhere near to me referred to everyone as a “puff” or a “faggot”. Not much to be proud about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terry Gibson's perm

Wilson - 4. Can’t kick, doesn’t save anything. Is rooted to his goal line for everything. Trying to be as polite as possible.

Burroughs - 6. They had a good time down his flank but more through their quality than anything he did wrong. Has pace and can drive forward as an outlet, a little like JCH did from CB at times.

Panzo - 5, looked uncomfortable on the ball at times and so often went backwards when he could have driven forward

Palmer - 6.5, the only player who looked like making something happen. Guilty of overplaying it at times

Gyokeres - 6, poor penalty, made up for it with his goal but largely kept trying too much.

SBA - 3. Genuinely the quietest I’ve heard us in a long time. People threw coins and a lighter at McAtee as he celebrated and the fucking bellend somewhere near to me referred to everyone as a “puff” or a “faggot”. Not much to be proud about.

For Wilson that is spot on and if he does stray off his line it’s the wrong time, he wouldn’t start in any other team in this league and a lot in league one. He must be replaced in the summer seems a lovely guy and good around the changing room but shit goalkeeper and if the other three at the club are worse god help them.

steve101

Wilson 5
Burroughs 7
Rose 7
Doyle 6
Panzo 6
Bidwell 6
Hamer 7
Sheaf 6
Allen 4
O'Hare na
Gyokeres 6

Palmer 7 motm
Dabo 7
Kelly 5
Waghorn 5
Tavares 6

torchomatic

Wilson - 5 - average, terrible distribution
Burroughs - 6 - think he's going to be a very good player for us
Panzo - 4 - worst I've seen him play since we had him
Rose - 7 - Good, solid game
Doyle - 7 - powerful player
Overplayed at times, but like him more and more
Bidwell - 6- does some good things, but crossing was poor
Sheaf - 5 - too many fouls
Hamer - 6 - some great passes, but a few went astray today
Allen - 4 - I really like him, but he was really poor today
O'Hare -
Gyokeres - 6 - usual mix of breathtaking skill and frustration over losing the ball fairly often. Needs to learn to pass the ball

Palmer - 6 - thought he had a good game
Dabo - 6 - thought he did well. Usual lack of awareness and misplaced passes
Kelly - 5 - didn't do much
Waghorn - 5 - missed two golden chances
Tavares- 6 - bags of skill and always lifts the fans

Shout out to Sheffield Utd for playing some Terry Hall at half time.

Me - 2 - for turning back onto the M1 south and missing the M69 turning. Twat.

Hertsccfc

Agree with all that.

We have to bear in mind they are a good team and they dealt with Gyokeres well. When that happens we struggle. Palmer looked the most likely but he spends too much time tracking back. I would like to see him further forward.

Crowd was exceptionally quiet from both sets of fans. Surprising really.

Hertsccfc

Wilson 5
Burroughs 5
Rose 7
Doyle 6
Panzo 4
Boswell 6
Hamer 6
Sheaf 6
Allen 3
O'Hare n/a
Gyokeres 6

Subs
Palmer 5
Kelly 4
Waghorn 4
Tavares 6
Dabo 5

I don't understand why you dislike Palmer so much.

stupot07

I don't understand why you dislike Palmer so much.
I don't dislike him, just thought he was average. He started brightly then was anonymous for large periods, and gave the ball away a lot, and left Viktor very isolated up top.

Hertsccfc

I don't dislike him, just thought he was average. He started brightly then was anonymous for large periods, and gave the ball away a lot, and left Viktor very isolated up top.

You always seem mark him lower than virtually everyone else does. Do you think Tavares did more than Palmer?

I do agree he should have stayed forward and supported Gyokeres more. He needs to be given licence to do that. He is tracking back too much.

stupot07

You always seem mark him lower than virtually everyone else does. Do you think Tavares did more than Palmer?

I do agree he should have stayed forward and supported Gyokeres more. He needs to be given licence to do that. He is tracking back too much.
I think on average impact per minute they were on the pitch Tavares had more of an impact. Bar the one flick which Gyokeres had a shot blocked his final ball was off nearly every time he got near the penalty area. You can see he has huge technical ability but he just didn't affect the game enough in the final third in open play.

JAM See

It's a shit end to get anything going to be fair.

The low ceiling, shallowness and width all conspire to negate any noise from away fans.

Worst away end in this league.

EDIT : And they don't allow the drummer in.

fernandopartridge

Wilson 4 slow off his line for the first, flapping like a fish for the second, distribution and decision making appalling
Burroughs 7 tough time but thought he did ok while he was on
Bidwell 6 solid defensively, got into some good crossing positions but didn't deliver (albeit we have a paucity of bodies in the box in any case)
Panzo 6 got caught in possession a few times, not helped by being passed the wall by Wilson despite the press being on
Doyle 5 the header that hit the bar in the first half and the 2nd goal were right in what you'd think was his zone
Rose 6 did reasonably well, was more aggressive but not very adventurous with the ball
Hamer 7 not sure I got the comments about his movement, was very aggressive first half and did well, generally involved in everything good we did
Sheaf 6 was good first half until the booking, like others have said it was a cheap Hamer type booking
Allen 4 was not at the races at all today, when the quality of the opposition goes up he will struggle
O'Hare n/a
Gyokeres 6 showed a lot of his worst traits at times, poor penalty but then again he's ploughing a lone furrow most of the time

Subs
Dabo 6 was ok, offered himself and put some balls in mixed with some sloppy passes
Waghorn 5 looks like he's carrying a decent bit more weight
Tavares 6 looks tidy on the ball but not usually in the most threatening positions
Kelly 4 great servant but he's done now

Overall, wasn't a terrible performance just not great and punished against a generally better team man for man.

Brighton Sky Blue

Compared to the home support it was still far better. Joint top of the league and cruising but total silence.

OldBedrocker

Wilson 3 move off the fucking goal line and we wear blue (purple today) ffs
Burroughs 5
Rose 6
Doyle 8 Beast for 19 yo
Panzo 6
Bidwell 6
Hamer 5 worst game for a long time
Sheaf 6
Allen 3
O'Hare n/a
Gyokeres 6

Subs
Palmer 7
Kelly 4 never a championship player
Waghorn 6

Sky Blue Pete

Wilson 3 move off the fucking goal line and we wear blue (purple today) ffs
Burroughs 5
Rose 6
Doyle 8 Beast for 19 yo
Panzo 6
Bidwell 6
Hamer 5 worst game for a long time
Sheaf 6
Allen 3
O'Hare n/a
Gyokeres 6

Subs
Palmer 7
Kelly 4 never a championship player
Waghorn 6
Dabo?????

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Wilson 5
Burroughs 6
Rose 5
Doyle 5.5
Panzo 4.5
Bidwell 7
Sheaf 5
Hamer 6.5
Allen 3.5
O’hare (next Jodi Jones) N/A
Gyokeres 5.5

Palmer 6
Kelly 4.5
Dabo 5
Waghorn 5.5
Tavares 6.5

EalingSB

Not one for slagging Allen off usually but that performance yesterday was pathetic - knocked off the ball every time and the coup de grâce was that comedy defending when attempting to cut out the assist.

One for the future without a doubt but Doyle was exposed again - not getting the right side of a forward.

Rose continuing to pick up and was pleased to see Dabo get on and put some decent crosses in. Strength in depth obviously a concern.

Users who are viewing this thread