Player ratings (1 Viewer)

harvey098

He was brilliant today, not really sure what you were watching

Ignore him. He nails is colours to a mast and then is too weak of a man to ever admit he was wrong so doubles down. It shows a lack of self-security, poor old chap.

Anyway, Hyam reads the game very well. Still makes mistakes, as you’d expect for a defender that is learning every level we’ve progressed to on the job as we’ve risen up the ranks but he’s stepped up every time and is above Rose and Clarke-Salter in the pecking order for good reason.

harvey098

Robins - 10

Brilliant today. Dabo to left, leaving Waghorn on, master strokes.
Out thought the master at this level. Superb

Everyone knows I’m Robins’ biggest fan but couldn’t believe he didn’t take Hamer off last 10. I love Gus too but after his yellow, he couldn’t risk a tackle and a few times he had to let players just walk through the middle. Really needed someone who could afford to commit the odd foul in there, we got lucky a couple of times by them not making the most of that gift.

clint van damme

Everyone knows I’m Robins’ biggest fan but couldn’t believe he didn’t take Hamer off last 10. I love Gus too but after his yellow, he couldn’t risk a tackle and a few times he had to let players just walk through the middle. Really needed someone who could afford to commit the odd foul in there, we got lucky a couple of times by them not making the most of that gift.

Fair point.

shmmeee

He did, but trained yesterday and Robins had a 'gut feeling' about playing Allen (according to Andy Turner).

Just watched his interview on IFollow and that’s not what Robins said. He said “Ben probably would’ve played but he got injured … [explains injury circumstances] … he had to miss out because he only trained yesterday. There was a gut feeling anyway because Jamie’s been brilliant, he’s been fantastic.”

ps1948

Hyam wasn’t even the best defender of the 3 so i can’t engage in this nonsense
Comment number 58 - and then a further three pages of engagement.

I have been absent from this site for a while, but was quickly reminded why I got bored with the illogical and random thoughts of a certain poster

Grendel

Comment number 58 - and then a further three pages of engagement.

I have been absent from this site for a while, but was quickly reminded why I got bored with the illogical and random thoughts of a certain poster

Don’t be hard on yourself

shmmeee

Allen was terrific yesterday

Agreed. Robins also said he had a phone call about a striker which changed his plans late on. With Walker giving the pre match interview I wonder if he was scheduled to start ahead of Waghorn, both him and Sheaf will have to sit out against Cardiff I reckon after Allen and Waghorn performances yesterday.

Just what you want from your squad: players coming/staying in and taking their chance with both hands.

That midfield three though:

giphy.gif

Evo1883

Agreed. Robins also said he had a phone call about a striker which changed his plans late on. With Walker giving the pre match interview I wonder if he was scheduled to start ahead of Waghorn, both him and Sheaf will have to sit out against Cardiff I reckon after Allen and Waghorn performances yesterday.

Just what you want from your squad: players coming/staying in and taking their chance with both hands.

That midfield three though:

giphy.gif

I do prefer some height , however they won't play many taller sides than them yesterday

Evo1883

Looking at Allen's stats per 90 for the season so far .

He's definitely a player we should continue to work on .

Good player and a great option for us .

Also another player making it harder for Liam Kelly to get back into the side based off yesterday

Grendel

He trained the previous day and was on the bench. Why can’t you give the manager a bit of credit for once?

He said he was injured or would have played him?

eastwoodsdustman

For those slagging o’hare today, his performances in the first few games was what allowed Allen to have a blinder. Every time o’hare got near the ball he instantly had 2 men around him which gave Allen acres. O’hare s early season form and the fear he gives teams means other players benefit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yesterday as soon as we got possession he dropped a bit deeper quite a few times and took one and sometime two players with him . This left Viktor and or Waghorn 1v1 with their defender.
I thought he was excellent again yesterday. Just because he wasn’t running at players constantly doesn’t mean he wasn’t influencing play.

NorthernWisdom

Looking at Allen's stats per 90 for the season so far .

He's definitely a player we should continue to work on .

Good player and a great option for us .

Also another player making it harder for Liam Kelly to get back into the side based off yesterday
What he does do is make the runs from midfield that the rest of them don't. If Gyokeres had been more accurate with his passing, he was clean through twice.

The Championship's Paul Scholes in the making!

Evo1883

Robins has made 2 players

Allen and vik

Rise from what seemed to be perilous positions , and make them into players fans start to love

Love it

SkyBlueSam01

Don't think Waghorn is getting the credit he deserves for a genuinely high quality bit of final third cutting edge for his goal, which I don't believe any of our other strikers would have taken.

Superbly weighted outside of the foot first touch to play himself in, little step over to buy himself the split second he needed to hit a smart finish at goal.

He might not be a 3m player anymore but think he will contribute some much needed guile and attacking experience over the next few seasons.

fatso

I think he'd be the first to admit he was a little lucky with the goal. If it had been anybody but Laurel & Hardy on the line it would have been stopped.
But that's football, man utd fans are going mental about CR getting 2 goals yesterday, but 1 was a tap in from a yard out, and the other was the keepers fault.
They all count though, and Gyrokeres was due some luck after hitting the woodwork in most games this season.

Johhny Blue

But that's football, man utd fans are going mental about CR getting 2 goals yesterday, but 1 was a tap in from a yard out, and the other was the keepers fault.
They all count though, and Gyrokeres was due some luck after hitting the woodwork in most games this season.

That’s kind of my point (but in more words)

fernandopartridge

Don't think Waghorn is getting the credit he deserves for a genuinely high quality bit of final third cutting edge for his goal, which I don't believe any of our other strikers would have taken.

Superbly weighted outside of the foot first touch to play himself in, little step over to buy himself the split second he needed to hit a smart finish at goal.

He might not be a 3m player anymore but think he will contribute some much needed guile and attacking experience over the next few seasons.
Yeah, it was an excellent finish, loved the stepover

Users who are viewing this thread