Player ratings (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

Agree with the ratings of many ...godden missed a great chance and Walker could have done better .

That being said I actually think today we would have benefited from having gyokores from the off as part of the reason our front 2 struggled was they are a big side and we basically were too direct for them to be effective at times .

cc84cov

Wilson 6 - he was there!
DaCosta 5 - Some half decent attacking once King Giles was on the pitch, kept the glorious boy Giles quiet, but before that was all over the place positionally
Hyam 8 -solid
McFadzean 8 - solid
Ostegard 9 - Solid + goal
McCallum 9 MotM - solid and actually offered an outlet
James 7 - OK. Neither here nor there.
Kelly 6 - started well, faded.
O'Hare 5 - not one of his better games, nothing really worked
Godden 5 - not match fit, terrible miss
Walker 7 - made good runs, offered an outlet, two misses

Gyokeres and Biamou 5 - didn't really do anything, either of them.
Hamer 6 - a bit Kellyesque. Involved, but wayward passing.
James ? Matty James ?

The same Matty James both managers was the best player on the pitch ? I take it you’ll ignore me too like @Grendel

😝😝😝

steve101

Shout out to Hyam. Coming back in after illness and didn't put a foot wrong. Also first time I have seen Kelly and James both playing really well together.

Wilson 7 (not much to do but no mistakes and a clean sheet)
Dacosta 7 (a few rash moments early on but took up some great attacking positions)
McCallum 9 (non-stop work, anticipated well and recovered well. Didn't give up the ball which led to free-kick for goal)
Ostigard 9 (great solid performance defensively and topped it with the goal)
McFadzean 9 (dominant in the air and organised the back line well)
Hyam 8 (needed to be physical today and was. Assured with his decision making)
Kelly 9 (for me just shaded motm. His defensive awareness and coverage was superb. Almost scored one of the goals of the season)
James 9 (linked things so well, first to the ball and some quality passing)
O'Hare 6 (good hustling as usual but not able to create anything. Should have scored one on one)
Walker 6 (some decent movement but disappointing end product)
Godden 5 (clearly not fit. Missed open goal)

Gyokeres 6 (nice awareness with back-heal to Dacosta but otherwise not able to offer much)
Biamou 6.5 (started with weak pass straight to opposition but then created chances for Dacosta and Hamer)
Hamer 6 (almost gave a late chance away with poor back pass but his energy was needed)

Robins 9 (I was worried by Wilson and Dacosta selection and absence of Hamer but the result says he got it right)

Warne (honest assessment of game. Refreshing to see)

Londonccfcfan

DaCosta wasn’t great with the ball but I felt like he’d really taken onboard feedback from the QPR game and stuck to his position well and was defensively solid.
He’s hardly played much so for him to play 96 mins in that role is really impressive (didn’t think he would last 70) yes he’s a maverick defensively but his energy to make these forward runs in 80 plus minutes was impressive. He got better as the game went on.

Grendel

James ? Matty James ?

The same Matty James both managers was the best player on the pitch ? I take it you’ll ignore me too like @Grendel

😝😝😝

But you think robins is an idiot.

Hertsccfc

Shout out to Hyam. Coming back in after illness and didn't put a foot wrong. Also first time I have seen Kelly and James both playing really well together.

Wilson 7 (not much to do but no mistakes and a clean sheet)
Dacosta 7 (a few rash moments early on but took up some great attacking positions)
McCallum 9 (non-stop work, anticipated well and recovered well. Didn't give up the ball which led to free-kick for goal)
Ostigard 9 (great solid performance defensively and topped it with the goal)
McFadzean 9 (dominant in the air and organised the back line well)
Hyam 8 (needed to be physical today and was. Assured with his decision making)
Kelly 9 (for me just shaded motm. His defensive awareness and coverage was superb. Almost scored one of the goals of the season)
James 9 (linked things so well, first to the ball and some quality passing)
O'Hare 6 (good hustling as usual but not able to create anything. Should have scored one on one)
Walker 6 (some decent movement but disappointing end product)
Godden 5 (clearly not fit. Missed open goal)

Gyokeres 6 (nice awareness with back-heal to Dacosta but otherwise not able to offer much)
Biamou 6.5 (started with weak pass straight to opposition but then created chances for Dacosta and Hamer)
Hamer 6 (almost gave a late chance away with poor back pass but his energy was needed)

Robins 9 (I was worried by Wilson and Dacosta selection and absence of Hamer but the result says he got it right)

Warne (honest assessment of game. Refreshing to see)
Agree. Hyam did really well especially coming back from illness

Yorkshire SB

Ostigard, Fadz, McCallum and James brilliant

Walker disappointing, O’Hare off by his own standards tonight too, Dacosta looked a bit tentative

That said, work rate unbelievable from all the team. Such an important win! PUSB

Cov kid 55

Wilson 5 Didn’t have much to do. He can’t kick. Haircut is bad considering barbers reopened on Monday

McCallum 8 His best game of the season. I’d have him back next year on that showing
Hyam 6 The season can’t end soon enough for him but he was fine tonight
McFadzean 7 Mercifully error-free tonight, and when that’s the case, you’ve got a good CB
Ostigard 8 Getting better with every game. Looked shaky early this season but now looks almost too good for us
Dacosta 6 Technically and positionally he’s all over the place, but he can make stuff happen, especially against a papier-mâché defense like Rotherham’s

Kelly 5 Seemed to just punt the ball skyward whenever he got it. Off night for him
James 8 MOTM Made up for a few dubious set-pieces with a peach for Ostigard. One of few players who looks comfortable at this level, and kept things ticking over
O’Hare 6 Shocking miss, didn’t really impose himself on the game. Wouldn’t blame him for being tired at this point of the season

Godden 5 Worst miss of the game, in a game full of bad misses. Bit of a lost year for him
Walker 6 Didn’t offer much in front of goal, but his movement continues to be excellent

Gyokeres 6 Let’s be honest, this guy is entirely forgettable, and if he signed somewhere else tomorrow, not a single one of us would care
Biamou 5 Max gonna Max
Hamer 6 Offered as much as O’Hare did in a fraction of the time

Looking at those ratings it feels like I’m being harsh on a team that won comfortably. But having heard for weeks that Rotherham were a football juggernaut, sitting pretty and just waiting to cash in all those games in hand after pulling off Operation COVID False Flag, you’ll have to forgive me for being underwhelmed with what they actually looked like tonight. Because they were shit.
Just out of interest, I agree that Godden isn’t fit, and shouldn’t be in the team. So, I wouldn’t write Gyokeres off, because I don’t think we’ve seen enough of him to judge. My memory tells me that Gyokeres has had two chances in his substitute performances, and has scored them both. He also offers a physicality that Godden doesn’t. I’m not against Godden by any means, but at the moment it seems to me that playing Godden means we’re playing with 10 men. We need to start Walker with Gyokeres. I’m guessing that Godden will start on Saturday, and I hope he proves me wrong by scoring the winner!

NorthernWisdom

Just out of interest, I agree that Godden isn’t fit, and shouldn’t be in the team. So, I wouldn’t write Gyokeres off, because I don’t think we’ve seen enough of him to judge. My memory tells me that Gyokeres has had two chances in his substitute performances, and has scored them both. He also offers a physicality that Godden doesn’t. I’m not against Godden by any means, but at the moment it seems to me that playing Godden means we’re playing with 10 men. We need to start Walker with Gyokeres. I’m guessing that Godden will start on Saturday, and I hope he proves me wrong by scoring the winner!
I wouldn't be averse to Gyokeres coming back next season, but it's more on the logic that all the managers can't be wrong.

cc84cov

I wouldn't be averse to Gyokeres coming back next season, but it's more on the logic that all the managers can't be wrong.
Wouldn’t want him back here next season,the 2 free kicks he gave away late on put us under pressure when it wasn’t needed

pusbccfc

Wilson 6 - he was there!
DaCosta 5 - Some half decent attacking once King Giles was on the pitch, kept the glorious boy Giles quiet, but before that was all over the place positionally
Hyam 8 -solid
McFadzean 8 - solid
Ostegard 9 - Solid + goal
McCallum 9 MotM - solid and actually offered an outlet
James 7 - OK. Neither here nor there.
Kelly 6 - started well, faded.
O'Hare 5 - not one of his better games, nothing really worked
Godden 5 - not match fit, terrible miss
Walker 7 - made good runs, offered an outlet, two misses

Gyokeres and Biamou 5 - didn't really do anything, either of them.
Hamer 6 - a bit Kellyesque. Involved, but wayward passing.

Pretty much echo this but wouldn't have Walker as high just for the chances he fluffed.

Also would give DaCosta an extra point, stupidly erratic but some big tackles.

larry_david

Hyam quietly had a storming game. Can remember 3 big headers he won. I know he's been ill but the time out of the firing line (he's needed it since middle of Dec tbh) might have done him the world of good.

Dacosta has some great attitudes. He's quick, strong and clearly lots of energy. By all accounts he still doesn't speak much English and you can see he's frustrated with himself alot, it looks like he knows he can do better. He's young and a work in progress. I'm not writing him off yet at all.

wingy

Well Sunday maybe?🤗

ccfcricoh

Wilson 7 - nothing to do to really score high or low!

DaCosta 8 - thought he had a great last 30mins or so and helped drag us up the pitch on numerous occasions when we threatened to sit back
Hyam 8 - Solid, stuck in and part of a great defensive performance
Fadz 9 - as above and great leadership/organisation
Osti 9 - plus 1 for the goal (please sign!)
McCallum 9 - best game in a while, had their RWB bricking it all game

Kelly 7 - comfortably won midfield battle, would have been a 9 if that shot went in!
James 8 - as above but showed a bit more composure than Kelly i feel (please sign!)

O’Hare 5 - didnt impact the game at all unfortunately, didnt create anything and missed a great chance, surely he just needs 1 for confidence then he'll be like a new player!
Godden 5 - As above
Walker 6 - thought he was the best of the front 3 but still no cutting edge

Who cares though....3 points and onto the next!

DannyThomas_1981

Some very harsh ratings on O'Hare and Godden (who admittedly is not back to 100%).....sometimes I think I'm watching a different game given the comments on here.

Users who are viewing this thread