Player Ratings (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

Bog difference between league 1 and championship.
Godden played in the championship, scored 4 in 10 before injury... That's a 17/18 goal season on a full season, then played 5 games after injury, clearly not the same player, lo and behold he went back out for a couple months... He's our most intelligent forward, and our best striker of the ball

We've seen max play in all 3 divisions... He's struggled to score in all 3

Evo1883

I'm Happy he played well today, hopefully he can kick on, that's basically my stance.. All this Inbetween nonsense is best left in my head

Saves the arguing

stevefloyd

The past few weeks have shown how desperate we are having to rely on him week-in week-out. It's not his fault he's not up to the level (funnily enough, neither am I!), but why is the occasional millisecond of skill over-praised whereas Shipley is ground to dust, and Marosi is cast out from the favoured few because his return from a serious injury isn't an instant success?
As I have said many times about Shipley is he appears lethargic cannot tackle really doesnt track back he will do something really well usually followed immediately after by giving thd ball away with a terrible pass, I dont want to turn this into another slating Shipley post but Max is a limited footballer who usually tries to battle for us Shipley has skill and invariably chooses not to use it but hey Robins keeps picking him so hey ho

Gibbo

The league 2 season McNulty was the saviour but max was loved much more by the fans, he's loved more than Godden, and will be more loved than walker too... It's very very strange
Not at first he wasn't. It was the spectacular nature of a few goals - Yeovil, Cheltenham and Notts County and the Cup goal that did it.

Gibbo

God I'm bored with the whole Biamou thing.

We all know that if Godden was fit he would barely get a look in. We all know that he is not Championship level. If you don't think that then heaven help you. But he never gives less than 100%, produces the occaisional worldie and is obviously a very nice bloke. But those are not good enough reasons to play him once everybody is fit.

Probably on grounds of cost, Robins retained both Max and Baka as back ups. Our misfortune is that inuries have been such that we have needed to play them more than we really want to. Both should be got rid off in the summer.

If one or both is retained, it is a measure of our financial situation, not the footballing strategy.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

That’s my point - obviously yes - but not then make excuses when he’s poor - one excuse was headers are a thing of the past! It’s a joke - Danny Thomas curly Tom etc are oddly obsessed. The abuse vastly superior players like O hare have had is never ever challenged by them. Biamou like Burge gets an easy ride as his lack of ability sets his personal bar low so a competent performance becomes world beating

Little bit pot and kettle seeing as you were the one who was using the stat Biamou hadn't scored a header as some majorly important stat and wipe half of Biamou's goals off for spurious reasons like he scored it on a Wednesday in a thunderstorm while wearing green pants.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

McNulty scored 28 goals in that season, godden fired us to promotion last season in important games... And I still have to discuss why a player who has 12 league goals in 84 league games isn't really doing it for us...

It's comedy, if he can play like he did today, and often, then I'd say I was wrong... He won't

It's the Robert Rosario argument. People complained about him and his scoring record, then he left and we stopped scoring. Others playing may be scoring the goals but it can often be down to the player providing the passes/crosses and/or another player creating space and occupying defenders that gives them that opportunity. Just saying "15 goals in 84 games" or whatever doesn't tell the whole story.

Max does lack consistency and can have a bit of the old world beater/carpet beater about him but he will willingly put himself about and do his best and just sometimes that isn't enough at this level. Especially if you're being played as a lone striker with a lack of support. Both Godden and Walker have had to do the same and looked largely ineffective most of the time as well.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I reckon it will be walker with the re sell value now tbh.. Age and all.

Godden few Injuries, touching 30... Hopefully he finishes his career here

Unfortunately our finances don't let us take sentimental options. We have to try and get a resale value while we can just to be able to have enough to adequately replace him.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

If we stay up he should be released

Why? We've got the year option in our favour, he's played the most games this season and slightly uncomfortable on his wrong side. Given Osti will leave and is unlikely to come back and mcFadz is totally out of contract and a lot older we'd be left in a situation of replacing our three first choice centre backs (and as a Championship club players will probably want a fair bit more than they were on) in one window having brought in precisely £nil to do so.

Given how recently you've been on about the finances releasing him seems a pretty stupid thing to do from that perspective. If nothing else extending his contract gives the option of getting some sort of fee towards a replacement rather than none.

Now he hasn't been as good lately (personally I think he needs a rest more than anything) and maybe he'll need upgrading at some point but we'll probably have enough to do in the summer defensively without creating another issue for ourselves unnecessarily.

EDIT: Just seen your response to this argument a few posts down from the one I'm quoting.

Sick Boy

Why? We've got the year option in our favour, he's played the most games this season and slightly uncomfortable on his wrong side. Given Osti will leave and is unlikely to come back and mcFadz is totally out of contract and a lot older we'd be left in a situation of replacing our three first choice centre backs (and as a Championship club players will probably want a fair bit more than they were on) in one window having brought in precisely £nil to do so.

Given how recently you've been on about the finances releasing him seems a pretty stupid thing to do from that perspective. If nothing else extending his contract gives the option of getting some sort of fee towards a replacement rather than none.

Now he hasn't been as good lately (personally I think he needs a rest more than anything) and maybe he'll need upgrading at some point but we'll probably have enough to do in the summer defensively without creating another issue for ourselves unnecessarily.

EDIT: Just seen your response to this argument a few posts down from the one I'm quoting.
He’d only be kept on due to financial desperation rather than his ability. If we stay up I’d be surprised if we kept him on.

stevefloyd

I agree, he's backup.. I've not argued against that.

Are you not, like me, hoping that the club look to get a striker or 2 in next season and we have them plus godden and Walker as our 4 strikers rather than Max and Baka.... I have a feeling, solely because of cost that biamou will get another contract anyway... Not many willing to play at this level for his wage id imagine
If we can get 2 better strikers in and have Walker and Godden as our 3rd and 4th strikers that would suit me just mighty fine

ccfc92

I thought the whole team were brilliant today. Everyone did their jobs and fought for the win.

I thought McCallum rebounded brilliantly today.

Biamou was a work horse and took the pressure off Walker. O'Hare was quality, just a matter of time before he scores.

Good to see McFazdean back with a solid performance and Hyam did well too.

Hamer looked not at his best, maybe needs a rest.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Wilson - 7 didn’t have much to do but steady at the back
Dacosta - 7 think a few are being a tad harsh with their ratings of him. Wasn’t the biggest concern for me at the back
Ostiaged - 8 was great today
McFadzean - 7 much improved after midweek, took no chances
Hyam - 6 thought the scoreline may have flattered some ratings on here. Or perhaps previous performances are affecting my rating, but on two occasions at least he gave me a heart attack
McCallum - 7 great defensively. Still a bit lacking offensively but can’t complain today
Hamer - 6 not his best game to be honest
Kelly - 8 great to see him back: the three blocks summarised what was a great performance
O’Hare - 8 critical of his finishing but very unlucky not to score. Endless energy. We’re lucky to have him
Biamou - 7 involved in both goals, tireless running and pressing from the front. Touch let him down several times but much improved
Walker - 8 very lucky with the penalty but they all count. Superbly taken second. Constantly looks a threat and does well in the physical battles. Very relieved to have him back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Pete

Wilson - 7
Dacosta - 6
McCallum - 7.5
Hyam - 7.5
Mcfadzean - 7.5
Osti - 8
Kelly - 9 just brilliant
Hamer - 6.5
Ohare - 9
Biamou -8
Walker - 8 great finish

All subs 6

Great to be able to make changes that weren’t risks

Really really need to kick on

shmmeee

Feel for Baka. If he’d been on a bit longer he might have hit that chance that came his way.

Frostie

Feel for Baka. If he’d been on a bit longer he might have hit that chance that came his way.

Agree. Did well when he came on.

You can't fault his work rate & he's brilliant for that scenario where we're looking to see out a game because he doesn't give defenders a moment's peace, stopping them building from the back.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I actually think the plan is to sign Ostigard in the event we stay up.

the same with James and I’m still convinced Walsh will be signed

hopesprings

Biamou and not Walker?
Walker I have to say did disappoint a few times yesterday with his first touch. I am hoping that is down to not being match sharp, his finish for the second goal was sublime. I do so hope he can stay fit and strong but he deffo needs to be playing in a 2 upfront. Kelly brings a belief and organisation to the team it really is uncanny how everybody upped their games yesterday. Either Robins words worked or Kelly is the inspirational captain supreme..perhaps a bit of both Lets hope he too stays fit for the remainder of the season

Users who are viewing this thread