Player Ratings (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Nobody really had a bad game.

OHare, Biamou, Kelly and Walker stand out.

Wilson was steady at the back. Defence no nonsense and didn't mess about with it.

Robins got the lineup, subs and everything bang on today!!

Ivan toney motm.

bawtryneal

Great all round team performance
Everybody an 8 and MR/AV a 9
Baka was a headless chicken when he came on.
Midfield options looking good for next few weeks with Sheaf and Kelly fit.

DannyThomas_1981

Where on earth are some getting a rating of 6 for any player today ?

We were outstanding today but some on here love a scapegoat don’t they

I guarantee the usual suspects who seem to delight for some unknown reason in criticising Max at every opportunity will thankfully and for once have a day off. He's a very effective player with the right strike partner (even at this level). It's amazing how he has stepped up from non-League season after season.

Martin180

I guarantee the usual suspects who seem to delight for some unknown reason in criticising Max at every opportunity will thankfully and for once be quiet. He's a very effective player with the right strike partner (even at this level). It's amazing how he has stepped up from non-League season after season.
In recent weeks Hyam has been a target too , another player who was bought for our development squad when we were in League 2 . The improvement some of these players have made season after season has been incredible

SBAndy

I guarantee the usual suspects who seem to delight for some unknown reason in criticising Max at every opportunity will thankfully and for once be quiet. He's a very effective player with the right strike partner (even at this level). It's amazing how he has stepped up from non-League season after season.

Today’s performance from Max shows why he’d be fine to keep on as a 4th choice striker next season.

Londonccfcfan

I guarantee the usual suspects who seem to delight for some unknown reason in criticising Max at every opportunity will thankfully and for once have a day off. He's a very effective player with the right strike partner (even at this level). It's amazing how he has stepped up from non-League season after season.
Yeah the usually suspects all were wrong asking for gyro to start ahead of him.

Colin Steins Smile

Wilson 6 - good game management, but some of his distribution suspect
Da Costa 6 - weak defensively at times but good going forwards
McCallum 7 - solid today
Hyam 8 - great game
McFadz 8 - great game
Osti - 8 great game
Kelly 9 - makes a massive difference
Hamer 6 - busy but not one of his best games
O”Hare 8 - harassed and chased everything
Biamou 8 - created opportunities for walker and their partnership was key to the win
Walker 8. - fortunate penalty finish, but second goal wa a great turn

cc84cov

He won the pen and he won the ball for the second

anyone seen Grendel?🤣

Londonccfcfan

Yes. I was actually told to fcuk off last week by the resident expert on here (clue: his name begins with G) for defending Max from his constant criticism and derision. Some of the comments on here after a defeat are absolutely unbelievable.

Good God also. Won't have to hear for a week about bring back Giles. Lol dear oh dear.

SBT

Wilson 6 Didn’t have much to do, distribution average but we went long a bit more today so hard to judge

Dacosta 6 Struggled to defend against Henry, and didn’t get on the ball much going forward, but fine
Ostigard 8 Did brilliantly carrying the ball forward, the only one of our CBs to do so. Arguably his best game for us.
McFadzean 7 Much better when he’s just putting his head/foot through things than when he’s trying to be Lothar Matthaus
Hyam 7 Played with a lot more aggression today
McCallum 7 Best game he’s had in a long time

Kelly 7 I’m firmly on the bandwagon but he was rusty at times, and nearly cost us a goal losing his man with their free kick routine. But still - I AM ON THE BANDWAGON
Hamer 6 Quiet by his standards but he’s dipped recently as we know
O’Hare 8 MOTM Harried their back line all day. Should have scored. Got an assist!!!

Biamou 8 Dark horse for MOTM if he stayed on. So much more valuable in this system
Walker 7 Another who looked rusty to start (godawful penalty). I think he will outscore Andy Morrell in the Championship

Pask 6
Gyokeres 6 Let’s be honest, he doesn’t offer much
James 6
Baka 6

Special shout-out for the third kit designers, playing the ultimate long game in ensuring we’d be camouflaged with the ref for the first half

shmmeee

Wilson 6 Didn’t have much to do, distribution average but we went long a bit more today so hard to judge

Dacosta 6 Struggled to defend against Henry, and didn’t get on the ball much going forward, but fine
Ostigard 8 Did brilliantly carrying the ball forward, the only one of our CBs to do so. Arguably his best game for us.
McFadzean 7 Much better when he’s just putting his head/foot through things than when he’s trying to be Lothar Matthaus
Hyam 7 Played with a lot more aggression today
McCallum 7 Best game he’s had in a long time

Kelly 7 I’m firmly on the bandwagon but he was rusty at times, and nearly cost us a goal losing his man with their free kick routine. But still - I AM ON THE BANDWAGON
Hamer 6 Quiet by his standards but he’s dipped recently as we know
O’Hare 8 MOTM Harried their back line all day. Should have scored. Got an assist!!!

Biamou 8 Dark horse for MOTM if he stayed on. So much more valuable in this system
Walker 7 Another who looked rusty to start (godawful penalty). I think he will outscore Andy Morrell in the Championship

Pask 6
Gyokeres 6 Let’s be honest, he doesn’t offer much
James 6
Baka 6

Special shout-out for the third kit designers, playing the ultimate long game in ensuring we’d be camouflaged with the ref for the first half

Biamou had a good game, but to score him higher than the guy who scored two goals...

Londonccfcfan

Today’s performance from Max shows why he’d be fine to keep on as a 4th choice striker next season.
Factor in the injury...He looked injured.

Also main thing Robins had faith in him.

Near perfect from Robins Today. Brave to drop James.

SBAndy

Anyway, I have time to do some ratings for once, so here goes:

Wilson - 7 - did everything we needed. Distribution on the whole was good.

Ostigard - 8 - defensively solid and also looked good on the ball. Sometimes looks rushed but he was a lot more composed.

McFadzean - 7 - strong at the back and guided the rest of the defence through the game well.

Hyam - 7 - less of the risky stuff today, and was relatively untroubled defensively. However, at one point in the first half he was far too high when the rest of the defence dropped off.

Da Costa - 7 - a really positive player. Didn’t get a lot of ball or space but was, along with McCallum, key to our high press.

Kelly - 8 - it’s clear the influence he has over the team. Didn’t do anything spectacular with the ball but the communication and the entire team’s positioning was brilliant.

Hamer - 6 - probably the disappointment in all, but as previously said I think it’s because he’s getting flogged big time. Needs a break but didn’t have a bad game by any means.

McCallum - 7 - type of game he prefers, and defensively very good. Passing seemed to be a bit better today as well.

O’Hare - 9 - outstanding. Works tirelessly and is the focal point of the press, stopping Brentford getting into midfield today. Unfortunate not to have taken a more cute touch when through at 2-0.

Biamou - 7 - great supporting striker performance, worked hard, quick thinking on a few occasions to beat defenders to the ball.

Walker - 8 - great to see him back on the scoresheet, and let’s hope it’s a springboard for the rest of the season. Second goal is a brilliant finish.

Subs

Gyokeres - 6 - didn’t do anything wrong but little threat when he came on. In fairness, the plan would have changed by that point.

James - 6 - wasn’t as solid or commanding as Kelly, which surprised me a little. Still neat on the ball.

Sheaf - 7 - kept it simple and gave defensive security with his positioning.

Bakayoko - 5 - sorry, lad, but you’re not a striker. Three touches when his only chance came about which broke the move down.

Pask - 7 - defensively solid when he came on.

Last edited:

SBT

Biamou had a good game, but to score him higher than the guy who scored two goals...

Penalties (like non-headed/cup/playoff goals) don’t count.

And in all seriousness, I’m being harsh on Walker because his penalty really was that bad.

Grendel

Yes. I was actually told to fcuk off last week by the resident expert on here (clue: his name begins with G) for defending Max from his constant criticism and derision. Some of the comments on here after a defeat are absolutely unbelievable.

But 9 times out of 10 he’s not good enough - it’s fine if you admit that but you don’t. You overlook dreadful performances and then over praise him above far superior players just as you think he has some sort of X Factor story - he’s ok as an occasional 4th choice - a regular in this or league 1 - no chance

Users who are viewing this thread