Player Ratings (3 Viewers)

Cov kid 55

Where on earth are some getting a rating of 6 for any player today ?

We were outstanding today but some on here love a scapegoat don’t they
To be fair, I’ve seen a couple of 6’s for DaCosta, and I wouldn’t argue with that. I thought defensively he looked shaky, and his positional play suspect, particularly to the diagonal ball behind him. I think Robins saw this, which is why he brought Pask on, we then looked more solid down our right flank.

larry_david

I think if we had a piece of paper and wrote down things we'd need to do after the last few games, it would include everything that occurred today.

No stupid hot potato passes. We used the ball well and wanted it rather than, shit I don't want it, you have it.

Defence knowing when to play and when to lump. Perfect today. I only really spotted one where hyam just needlessly hit it to no one but every other time we did it right

Was thinking what team I'd play whilst in the shower. Yes, I know. He picked the exact same team and formation as I picked. I'm not a genius but we've all seen where it's gone wrong and simple things that can improve and it was evident after 5 mins with walker and max winning flick ons and o hare picking up the loose ball.

Player management/subs - perfect today. We have returning players and today he used the squad. Few months ago we were 3 up against Rotherham and hhe didn't make a change til 82 or something despite us having a game 3 days later. Today as soon as it was 2 we looked at it. Max and Kelly off. Sensible under their injury situations. Then the returning walker off and dacosta who was rampaging forward but being ignored. And Hamer who's been off the boil for a while now.

Sheaf, pask, James, baka did a job. It's a squad game and we used it. I'm impressed and let's keep it going

steve101

Best team performance from start to finish of the season. Well done Robins, Vivash and the team for seeing it through.

Wilson 7 (his punch through a crowd of players shows why he deserves his place)
Dacosta 7 (steady game)
McCallum 8 (best game for a while. Really solid performance and some important headers)
Ostigard 9 (a rock again. Won everything in the air. Didn't look to tire one bit)
McFadzean 8 (marshalled well)
Hyam 8 (some very good interceptions. Assured)
Kelly 9 (his 3 blocks in 30 secs was brilliant. Constantly organising and leading by example. Give him a new contract quickly)
Hamer 7 (lots of endeavour but not able to get on the ball as much)
O'Hare 9 (motm. His pressing was instrumental. Great energy as usual and another assist. If he was able to use the ball better on a few occasions I would have given him a 10)
Biamou 8 (excellent endeavour to win the penalty and to rob defender leading to 2nd. Showed his Championship quality today!)
Walker 9 (movement makes such a difference, including the chance from quick free-kick. Second goal was quality and instinctive. Missed a much easier one in first half)

Pask 7 (exactly what was needed when 2 up - no nonsense. Proving to be a useful squad member)
Gyokeres 7 (good work rate and energy to keep them on the back foot)
James 7 (kept it ticking over)
Sheaf 7 (some nice touches and kept it simple)
Bakayoka 7 (chased everything as would be expected and just caused a nuisance)

DannyThomas_1981

But 9 times out of 10 he’s not good enough - it’s fine if you admit that but you don’t. You overlook dreadful performances and then over praise him above far superior players just as you think he has some sort of X Factor story - he’s ok as an occasional 4th choice - a regular in this or league 1 - no chance

That's absolute nonsense as always - and shows your lack of understanding of football.

Max has been playing through an injury (due to injuries to God/Walker) in a thankless role as a lone striker.

Your reaction to a player playing out of position (without a strike partner) and through an injury for the good of the team in a role that he isn't ideally suited has been 'he's shite.' I personally see that as totally unfair and will continue to call you out on your uniformed nonsense and derision of one of our players.

cc84cov

But 9 times out of 10 he’s not good enough - it’s fine if you admit that but you don’t. You overlook dreadful performances and then over praise him above far superior players just as you think he has some sort of X Factor story - he’s ok as an occasional 4th choice - a regular in this or league 1 - no chance
You can surely give max credit today for winning the pen and then the ball he won for the 2nd ?

Hertsccfc

Good performance and much better formation. We have been far too defensive the last couple of games which has made O'Hare and whoever is playing the single forward role's jobs nearly impossible.

Wilson 6 - little to do but one good save
Dacosta 6 - OK but a bit shaky defensively at times
McCallum 9 motm, excellent defensively and some good work going forward too. Walker should have made more of one cross in particular
Ostigard 7 - solid
McFadzean 8 - excellent and some really important interventions
Hyam 7 - solid
Hamer 6 - gone off the boil recently and maybe needs a rest
Kelly 7 - good to have him back. Great commitment
O'Hare 8 - great as usual. Unlucky not to score
Biamou 8 - instrumental in both goals and I feel we lost a lot of impetus when he went off. Seems to work well with Walker
Walker 7 - excellent finish for the second which I hope will give him confidence. Clearly a good player and let's hope we will see more of it in the coming weeks. Lucky with the penalty though.

James 7 - so important to have his experience in this team
Sheaf 6 - did well
Gyokeres 5 - I don't see what he brings although he does try hard
Baka 5 - didn't look sharp and had a chance which he failed to take
Pask 6

D

Deleted member 11652

Thought Hamer had a much improved game today and Mccallum had Mbuemo in his pocket. Amazing what having a full back that can defend can do for a team.

stevefloyd

Nobody really had a bad game.

OHare, Biamou, Kelly and Walker stand out.

Wilson was steady at the back. Defence no nonsense and didn't mess about with it.

Robins got the lineup, subs and everything bang on today!!

Ivan toney motm.
Well Toney was the most mentioned player on their side today

cc84cov

Grendel is correct... Max has to perform to this level today on a consistent basis... As of right now it's once a month at best.
Some of us still see it as it actually is, I applaud his performance today, more of the same please
I’ll take robins opinion on him over Grendel 😆

He can’teven bring himself to say he played wel after winning the pen then the ball he won for the Second 🤣🤡

Evo1883

I’ll take robins opinion on him over Grendel 😆

He can’teven bring himself to say he played wel after winning the pen then the ball he won for the Second 🤣🤡

Yea he played well today, but as pointed out it is quite a rare feat.. Consistency needed

Evo1883

None of our strikers look good playing up front on their own. Biamou and Walker together usually look useful

Not sure I agree, godden wasn't getting much service, but managed to bring players into the game well... We won promotion with him a lone striker didn't we?
Biamou in general misses so many simple chances it's beyond farcical...
Its helped cost us a few points in recent weeks

D

Deleted member 11652

Not sure I agree, godden wasn't getting much service, but managed to bring players into the game well... We won promotion with him a lone striker didn't we?
Its helped cost us many points in recent weeks

There’s no point arguing mate, the cult won’t change their opinion

Evo1883

There’s no point arguing mate, the cult won’t change their opinion

Like they say, strikers don't take their chances the pressure is on the back line... Weve had plenty of opportunities to score goals and get results in the last few weeks and it's the lack of quality in and around the box that has really cost us.. . We scored in 4 of the last 12 games before today... The stats don't lie... We weren't without chances

He's scored 1 in his last 15 championship apearances, he's played over an hour in 10 of those

Hertsccfc

Agreed Godden managed to do it in league 1 but we were able to get more players forward to support him then.

Evo1883

Agreed Godden managed to do it in league 1 but we were able to get more players forward to support him then.

I mean biamou has scored 1 in the last 15 matches and has played over an hour in 10 of those... A good few full matches too.
We can't ignore the misses and the times he goes missing in matches just because he's put in a good shift today... He's paid by the club to play football and to put a shift in every match... It simply doesn't happen.

If he played like he did today more often I don't think id mind him as a player... But has he got it in him to do that every week?

Either way, we won today, he had a hand in both goals... And I'm happy.
Now he needs to kick on

harvey098

Yea he played well today, but as pointed out it is quite a rare feat.. Consistency needed

Every time he’s played up front with a partner he’s been consistent and very good. As a lone striker being completely isolated of course he’s struggled, as have Walker and Godden playing that lone role.

Evo1883

Every time he’s played up front with a partner he’s been very good. As a lone striker being completely isolated of course he’s struggled, as have Walker and Godden playing that lone role.

Not entirely true, there's been quite a few games we've switched to 2 up with half hour to go etc and he's been poor.. By every time what fans really mean is Rotherham...

Besides that he's here to do a job every week.. Not once a month

stevefloyd

The reason Godden don't get much service because he's offside too many times ;)

stevefloyd

Not entirely true, there's been quite a few games we've switched to 2 up with half hour to go etc and he's been poor.. By every time what fans really mean is Rotherham...

Besides that he's here to do a job every week.. Not once a month
Playing devils advocate when its changed to 2 up front he's probably already knackered or do you mean when he comes on as the 2nd striker?

Evo1883

Playing devils advocate when its changed to 2 up front he's probably already knackered or do you mean when he comes on as the 2nd striker?

He just doesn't perform as well aswe need him too as often as we need him too, doesn't get himself into the right areas in the box anywhere near enough... The instinct isn't there ,and often couldnt hit a barn door with a cricket ball machine

Users who are viewing this thread