Player Ratings (1 Viewer)

Johhny Blue

It would be interesting to compare the percentage of headed goals now to say the ‘80’s.
Do we have a “legend” striker that isn’t known for his heading ability? Maybe Robbie Keane?
I just remembered a game against Middlesbrough when Huckerby scores a header and ran past our dugout pointing to his head and laughing

Grendel

Absolutely and many in here have said it’s only due to biamou that mcnulty scored goals

If he was a surly bastard and came from Walsall where he’d been slaughtered by their fans he’d have not been given anything like the superlatives he gets on here

stupot07

He Done his job well today, and at Rotherham... Any games that stand out Inbetween that for you?
1 goal in his last 15 games
Godden has 1 in his last 10 and only 1 from open play in his last 12.

I cant remember individual games but bar 1-2 underpar games has been a solid 6 out of 10. Robins has complimented him a number of times since he's been playing and even mentioned giving him a new contract.

Interestingly you mention 2 standout games, what do they both have in common? Playing in a 2 with Walker.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

NorthernWisdom

Absolutely and many in here have said it’s only due to biamou that mcnulty scored goals

If he was a surly bastard and came from Walsall where he’d been slaughtered by their fans he’d have not been given anything like the superlatives he gets on here
tbf, if I were Baka, I'd be looking at how Max has worked to improve his game, and not given up when it seems like the manager has written him off, and try to mimick that.

Evo1883

McNulty scored 28 goals in that season, godden fired us to promotion last season in important games... And I still have to discuss why a player who has 12 league goals in 84 league games isn't really doing it for us...

It's comedy, if he can play like he did today, and often, then I'd say I was wrong... He won't

Evo1883

Godden has 1 in his last 10 and only 1 from open play in his last 12.

I cant remember individual games but bar 1-2 underpar games has been a solid 6 out of 10.

Interestingly you mention 2 standout games, what do they both have in common? Playing in a 2 with Walker.

See you're even arguing against godden, a man with almost a 1 in 2 in the league for us... To make max look better... Come on now it's bonkers

stupot07

tbf, if I were Baka, I'd be looking at how Max has worked to improve his game, and not given up when it seems like the manager has written him off, and try to mimick that.
100%. That is the only reason fans like Biamou more than Baka.

stupot07

McNulty scored 28 goals in that season, godden fired us to promotion last season in important games... And I still have to discuss why a player who has 12 league goals in 84 league games isn't really doing it for us...

It's comedy, if he can play like he did today, and often, then I'd say I was wrong... He won't
You don't have to discuss it. Just ignore it and move on.

Evo1883

I like the way you've tried to do godden there... He scored 4 in 9 then hasn't scored for for 5 games... Nice try stu lol

stupot07

See you're even arguing against godden, a man with almost a 1 in 2 in the league for us... To make max look better... Come on now it's bonkers
No, I'm just saying you can pick an arbitrary cohort of games to skew your argument.

Godden is a better player than Max, Walker is a better player than Max. Fact.

SBT

I remember Boxing Day away at Port Vale that season and the best song of the day was people singing (to the tune of Music Man) “What can he play? He can’t play football....Bia-Bia-Biamou” etc. Was the only song I heard about Biamou all year.

He was dogshit for most of that season, actively vilified by the fans, and no-one cared about him until the very end of the year. Meanwhile on here everyone fell over themselves for McNulty (rightly so!) Remember when he threw his toys out the pram because someone told the CET that his season might have been a fluke? Everyone on here was livid he would be so disrespected (even though the article turned out to be correct) When we sold him it was basically Armageddon.

The Max cult got going after the first promotion iirc. And thanks to a few posters on here who love to endlessly Max-debate, every other fucking thread is about him now.

stupot07

I like the way you've tried to do godden there... He scored 4 in 9 then hasn't scored for for 5 games... Nice try stu lol
Thats what you did with max. He scored against Rotherham then you've counted the 15 games since then.

stupot07

I remember Boxing Day away at Port Vale that season and the best song of the day was people singing (to the tune of Music Man) “What can he play? He can’t play football....Bia-Bia-Biamou” etc. Was the only song I heard about Biamou all year.

He was dogshit for most of that season, actively vilified by the fans, and no-one cared about him until the very end of the year. Meanwhile on here everyone fell over themselves for McNulty (rightly so!) Remember when he threw his toys out the pram because someone told the CET that his season might have been a fluke? Everyone on here was livid he would be so disrespected (even though the article turned out to be correct) When we sold him it was basically Armageddon.

The Max cult got going after the first promotion iirc. And thanks to a few posters on here who love to endlessly Max-debate, every other fucking thread is about him now.
If the minority didn't unnecessarily vilify him all the time, he wouldn't get discussed.

Evo1883

Thats what you did with max. He scored against Rotherham then you've counted the 15 games since then

But its only 5 games since godden last goal, he scored 4 in the first 10 league games, then Got injured and hasn't scored in 5 since, in 2 of those he played less than 20 mins...

Ok to make you feel better stu, Biamou has scored 3 in his last 23, which is every game he's played this season

He's also scored 12 league goals in 84 league games... There's alot of gaps between goals in there too

stupot07

But its only 5 games since godden last goal, he scored 4 in the first 10 league games, then Got injured and hasn't scored in 5 since, in 2 of those he played less than 20 mins...

Ok to make you feel better stu, Biamou has scored 3 in his last 23

But its only 5 games since Max last scored.

Yes his goal record isn't great, he is however playing because of necessity not choice, walker is back now so he will only play as a foil for Walker, or he will be back up until Godden returns.

Even picking just the league goals is an attempt to skew it. 12 from 83 looks much worse than 24 in 104. You could flip it and say he's scored 12 in 38 league starts.

Anyway i'll leave you to it. He played well today, worthy of a 8 out of 10.

Last edited:

Evo1883

But its only 5 games since Max last scored.

Yes his goal record isn't great, he is however playing because of necessity not choice, walker is back now so he will only play as a foil for Walker, or he will be back up until Godden returns.

I agree, he's backup.. I've not argued against that.

Are you not, like me, hoping that the club look to get a striker or 2 in next season and we have them plus godden and Walker as our 4 strikers rather than Max and Baka.... I have a feeling, solely because of cost that biamou will get another contract anyway... Not many willing to play at this level for his wage id imagine

Evo1883

We have this discussion every time max plays well
giphy.gif

NorthernWisdom

Are you not, like me, hoping that the club look to get a striker or 2 in next season and we have them plus godden and Walker as our 4 strikers rather than Max and Baka.... I have a feeling, solely because of cost that biamou will get another contract anyway... Not many willing to play at this level for his wage id imagine
I'm quite happy with him as third/fourth choice, tbf. Have a decent Max style forward, but better, and a fit Walker and Godden, and we'd have a group of forwards that could see us to the dizzy heights of midtable. Then I guess Godden would go while he had some re-sale value, and we'd try and upgrade there...

Evo1883

I'm quite happy with him as third/fourth choice, tbf. Have a decent Max style forward, but better, and a fit Walker and Godden, and we'd have a group of forwards that could see us to the dizzy heights of midtable. Then I guess Godden would go while he had some re-sale value, and we'd try and upgrade there...
We should try get that JCH lad from posh as backup 🤣

Evo1883

I reckon it will be walker with the re sell value now tbh.. Age and all.

Godden few Injuries, touching 30... Hopefully he finishes his career here

stupot07

Absolutely, I want us to bring someone in who is better than godden and walker, I want us to improve on what we've got. And if doing that we keep max as a cheap 4th choice option than I'm happy for that. I dont care if we let him go at the end of the season if it means bringing in 2 better strikers.

Let's just support him, Shipley and Hyam for the rest of the season.

Grendel

There is a point where you can accept they play badly, but still support them, of course. Personally, I'd like to see Hyam have a run of games on the RHS before I decided he was a gonner, too.

If we stay up he should be released

Grendel

He’s fine as backup, we don’t have unlimited funds.

Actually does he have a one year option on our terms? If so yes retain and then get offers for him at league 1 level

Hertsccfc

No, I'm just saying you can pick an arbitrary cohort of games to skew your argument.

Godden is a better player than Max, Walker is a better player than Max. Fact.

I agree with your view but it is an opinion not fact.

Evo1883

I agree with your view but it is an opinion not fact.
Well I don't know opinions are sometimes wrong... You could be of the opinion that biamou is better than Ronaldo nazario, I'd say you were factually incorrect.. It could be your opinion that 2 plus 2 is 5, but you're factually wrong.

Walker is a better player than Max as is godden.. Their careers show this is fact

Last edited:

ccfc1234

He Done his job well today, and at Rotherham... Any games that stand out Inbetween that for you?
1 goal in his last 15 games

Football is a game of opinions and I respect those who have a politely constructed opposing view. My issue comes when some (not specifcly you) are almost vitriolic when Max plays the lone forward role averagely.

As a team we have struggled in this league with one up top and truthfully we also struggled to score many with that formation last season. The only differance is we just conceded far far fewer goals.

Max is a good foil for a strike partner and the best foward we have right now at playing partnership football. When he plays consistently poorly in a two that is surely the time to constructively criticise? To draw a parallel I would not judge Mcallum too harshly playing RWB, averagly, as we all know that is not his best position. Playing the lone forward role is a niche skill and requires vastly different attributes than being sucessful in a two. Nail Quinn for Sunderland in the early 2000s was a good example of this and without Kevin Phillips, playing in the lone role would have been seriously floundering.

To get out this league Max will need to be 1 of 4 quility forwards and I hope we replace Baka in the summer with a top class addition that is the first name on the team sheet. However, until then Max finding a partnership with Walker (which already looks very promising) is our best hope of improving our woeful scoring record and getting the team playing further up the pitch. Today in the final 3rd we looked a different propersition and its puzzling why some one here would rather turn a blind eye to that and would seemingly rather judge the lone forward version of Max rather than when he is in his preferred position.

Evo1883

Football is a game of opinions and I respect those who have a politely constructed opposing view. My issue comes when some (not specifcly you) are almost vitriolic when Max plays the lone forward role averagely.

As a team we have struggled in this league with one up top and truthfully we also struggled to score many with that formation last season. The only differance is we just conceded far far fewer goals.

Max is a good foil for a strike partner and the best foward we have right now at playing partnership football. When he plays consistently poorly in a two that is surely the time to constructively criticise? To draw a parallel I would not judge Mcallum too harshly playing RWB, averagly, as we all know that is not his best position. Playing the lone forward role is a niche skill and requires vastly different attributes than being sucessful in a two. Nail Quinn for Sunderland in the early 2000s was a good example of this and without Kevin Phillips, playing in the lone role would have been seriously floundering.

To get out this league Max will need to be 1 of 4 quility forwards and I hope we replace Baka in the summer with a top class addition that is the first name on the team sheet. However, until then Max finding a partnership with Walker (which already looks very promising) is our best hope of improving our woeful scoring record and getting the team playing further up the pitch. Today in the final 3rd we looked a different propersition and its puzzling why some one here would rather turn a blind eye to that and would seemingly rather judge the lone forward version of Max rather than when he is in his preferred position.
Our best hope for now ofcourse, however our best hope of a strong finish to the season and scoring goals relies on the return of godden to partner walker, much more intelligent player who creates space and pulls off into great positions.... Max is fine to fill in as an when... But we don't have to pretend he plays well when he doesn't equally we should praise him when he does... Like today

Londonccfcfan

Not sure I agree, godden wasn't getting much service, but managed to bring players into the game well... We won promotion with him a lone striker didn't we?
Biamou in general misses so many simple chances it's beyond farcical...
Its helped cost us a few points in recent weeks
Bog difference between league 1 and championship.

Users who are viewing this thread