Player Ratings (1 Viewer)

harvey098

Not entirely true, there's been quite a few games we've switched to 2 up with half hour to go etc and he's been poor.. By many times what fans really mean is Rotherham...

Besides that he's here to do a job every week.. Not once a month

I don’t think Robins took him to the Championship with the intention of him playing every week (he was bought as a squad player in league 2 but has massively overachieved). If he could play like that every week he wouldn’t be a third choice striker on a couple of thousand a week.

Evo1883

I don’t think Robins took him to the Championship with the intention of him playing every week (he was bought as a squad player in league 2 but has massively overachieved). If he could play like that every week he wouldn’t be a third choice striker on a couple of thousand a week.
I know this...

Like i said well played today, hope he kicks on

stevefloyd

He just doesn't perform as well aswe need him too as often as we need him too, doesn't get himself into the right areas in the box anywhere near enough... The instinct isn't there ,and often couldnt hit a barn door with a cricket ball machine
Dont get me wrong I totally agree his first touch is usually 3 yards in front of him and he just isnt consistent but today the first shot that led to the penalty although at the keeper was very good and his follow up to win the penalty excellent so it wins him a temporary reprieve this week 👍

mark82

Yea he played well today, but as pointed out it is quite a rare feat.. Consistency needed

Consistency is key. He has games like this where you think he could be a real asset if he strings some of these performances together, but will then be anonymous. At the very least he always gives you effort though, so can't fault that. Doesn't score enough though.

He's fine as an occasional backup. If we really want to progress in this division we probably need to upgrade though.

letsallsingtogether

None of our strikers look good playing up front on their own. Biamou and Walker together usually look useful
Exactly but hey let's just blame one player for our downfall.
Always the same on here a few take a dislike to a player and the rest jump on their backs.

They then attack anyone defending them, funny really the amount of times I have read on here about how good a signing a player is, to watch them fall at the first hurdle.

Warwickhunt

In the first half I was being very critical of the player in the middle who was doing fuck all! It was only in the second half I realised it was the bloody Ref :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Evo1883

Dont get me wrong I totally agree his first touch is usually 3 yards in front of him and he just isnt consistent but today the first shot that led to the penalty although at the keeper was very good and his follow up to win the penalty excellent so it wins him a temporary reprieve this week 👍
He played well today

larry_david

Dacosta defensive positionally may not be great but he's energetic, intense and wins a fair few tackles. I like him. I can't help feel his frustration when he's bombing forward every time and ignored.

Gyo is did second half it was criminal just went for a 60 yard straight outa play when dacosta had bombed on

NorthernWisdom

Consistency is key. He has games like this where you think he could be a real asset if he strings some of these performances together, but will then be anonymous. At the very least he always gives you effort though, so can't fault that. Doesn't score enough though.

He's fine as an occasional backup. If we really want to progress in this division we probably need to upgrade though.

This is not a radical position, and is probably where most of us are...

I've always been happy to defend him in League One and Two, where I've thought he was an asset. In this league he has generally, as we'd have said in the insensitive early 2000s, the touch of a rapist and is pretty immobile. As fourth choice backup great, as regular choice, not so great. Being forced to play regularly has shown this, and the excuse of being lone striker doesn't really wash as Walker looked so much sharper than him when he was playing that role.

So of course it's great when he has a good game, and well done him. But there's an over-exciteable minority that make me end up being pushed towards the Grendel position, just because it loses all reason. The tyranny where you can't make a single negative comment about a player is really rather tedious. Doing so doesn't stop you hoping his good game an aeon becomes a more regular thing.

Evo1883

This is not a radical position, and is probably where most of us are...

I've always been happy to defend him in League One and Two, where I've thought he was an asset. In this league he has generally, as we'd have said in the insensitive early 2000s, the touch of a rapist and is pretty immobile. As fourth choice backup great, as regular choice, not so great. Being forced to play regularly has shown this, and the excuse of being lone striker doesn't really wash as Walker looked so much sharper than him when he was playing that role.

So of course it's great when he has a good game, and well done him. But there's an over-exciteable minority that make me end up being pushed towards the Grendel position, just because it loses all reason. The tyranny where you can't make a single negative comment about a player is really rather tedious. Doing so doesn't stop you hoping his good game an aeon becomes a more regular thing.
All Of our players are of a different ability... It would be silly for us to say they are all great when they aren't.

Garryb80

Dacosta defensive positionally may not be great but he's energetic, intense and wins a fair few tackles. I like him. I can't help feel his frustration when he's bombing forward every time and ignored.

Gyo is did second half it was criminal just went for a 60 yard straight outa play when dacosta had bombed on
O'Hare is a guilty party here too. Always seems to ignore him for a worse decision

Grendel

You can surely give max credit today for winning the pen and then the ball he won for the 2nd ?

That’s my point - obviously yes - but not then make excuses when he’s poor - one excuse was headers are a thing of the past! It’s a joke - Danny Thomas curly Tom etc are oddly obsessed. The abuse vastly superior players like O hare have had is never ever challenged by them. Biamou like Burge gets an easy ride as his lack of ability sets his personal bar low so a competent performance becomes world beating

NorthernWisdom

Tbf, there has been some really harsh comments about Biamou over the last few weeks.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
The past few weeks have shown how desperate we are having to rely on him week-in week-out. It's not his fault he's not up to the level (funnily enough, neither am I!), but why is the occasional millisecond of skill over-praised whereas Shipley is ground to dust, and Marosi is cast out from the favoured few because his return from a serious injury isn't an instant success?

cc84cov

That’s my point - obviously yes - but not then make excuses when he’s poor - one excuse was headers are a thing of the past! It’s a joke - Danny Thomas curly Tom etc are oddly obsessed. The abuse vastly superior players like O hare have had is never ever challenged by them. Biamou like Burge gets an easy ride as his lack of ability sets his personal bar low so a competent performance becomes world beating
I get your point you want consistency? Ok let’s see how he goes midweek,I also think we need to see that more so let’s see

Evo1883

The past few weeks have shown how desperate we are having to rely on him week-in week-out. It's not his fault he's not up to the level (funnily enough, neither am I!), but why is the occasional millisecond of skill over-praised whereas Shipley is ground to dust, and Marosi is cast out from the favoured few because his return from a serious injury isn't an instant success?
The league 2 season McNulty was the saviour but max was loved much more by the fans, he's loved more than Godden, and will be more loved than walker too... It's very very strange

NorthernWisdom

The league 2 season McNulty was the saviour but max was loved much more by the fans, he's loved more than Godden, and will be more loved than walker too... It's very very strange
I've never understood the criticism of Walker. Considering his first coming was when coming back from various ailments, he did alright, looked sharp off scraps, and made good runs. He's somebody who always gives you a puncher's chance, at least.

stupot07

Absolute rubbish.

Grendel

I get your point you want consistency? Ok let’s see how he goes midweek,I also think we need to see that more so let’s see

Consistency is t even two games and again let’s be honest a better number 9 that would be an average game overall for him as it’s expected

stupot07

I've never understood the criticism of Walker. Considering his first coming was when coming back from various ailments, he did alright, looked sharp off scraps, and made good runs. He's somebody who always gives you a puncher's chance, at least.
The only criticism I've seen of Walker is he can't play as a lone striker and looks better in a 2

Grendel

Absolute rubbish.

Tbe hyperbole is absurd about him.

Headed goals are a thing of the past.

stupot07

I've stuck up for him because I can see he is doing a job, and nowhere near as bad as some make out but I've never claimed he is brilliant.

Evo1883

I've stuck up for him because I can see he is doing a job, and nowhere near as bad as some make out but I've never claimed he is brilliant.

He Done his job well today, and at Rotherham... Any games that stand out Inbetween that for you?
1 goal in his last 15 games

Johhny Blue

It would be interesting to compare the percentage of headed goals now to say the ‘80’s.
Do we have a “legend” striker that isn’t known for his heading ability? Maybe Robbie Keane?

Users who are viewing this thread