Player ratings (1 Viewer)

Gibbo

Because of his performances in league 1 and league 2. Is that OK?
well actually no, we aren't in one of either of those. Others have rightly left as we have risen why does that not apply to Shipley? And moreto the point why does he still keep getting picked?

stupot07

Wilson 7
Dabo 6
McFadzean 7
Hyam 7
McCallum 6
Kelly 6
Hamer 8
Giles 6
Shipley 4
O'hare 5
Walker 5

Subs
Ostigard 6
Biamou 6
Jobello 5
Baka n/a

Robins 3

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

speedie87

Wilson 7
Dabo 7
McFadzean 7
Hyam 8
McCallum 6
Kelly 7
Hamer 8
Shipley 6
O’hare 7 learn to head a ball lad
Giles 7 couldn’t get into the game
Walker 7 unlucky with offside goal

harvey098

Don't agree about Kelly. He cleans up and gives the defence an out ball so it is his job to play the way he is facing much of the time. However when he has space he isn't afraid to play a decisive ball forward, which we have seen in the games since his return. One of the most positionally intelligent players we have.

Spot on. Another few vital interceptions defensively today. There was one cross he nipped in to intercept which otherwise would’ve gone to their man in the box.
And you’re right, he plays quite a few good disguised passes forward at times too.

Perryccfc

well actually no, we aren't in one of either of those. Others have rightly left as we have risen why does that not apply to Shipley? And moreto the point why does he still keep getting picked?

So I’m not allowed to like Shipley because I rated him in league 1 and league 2? Where did I say it didn’t apply? I said he should be dropped in my opinion, is that not agreeing with your sentiment? And to answer your last question, I obviously can’t answer that, as I’m not a member of the management team, shockingly enough.

stevefloyd

Cannot be claiming o’hare had a bad game. Yes should have don’t better with one chance but he’s literally trying to link a midfield that is sitting on their own 18 yard box and a striker who is so on the shoulder of the last man he may as well be a Parrot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ha ha ha...made me laugh that 😆

Tartan Specials

Wilson 7
Dabo 7
McFadzean 7
Hyam 8
McCallum 6
Kelly 7
Hamer 8
Shipley 6
O’hare 7 learn to head a ball lad
Giles 7 couldn’t get into the game
Walker 7 unlucky with offside goal
I love football opinions! Dabo is a hero but was bowfin tonight. Wilson and Fadz were sooopoib.

cc84cov

Given how he was slaughtered and written off by many without getting a chance I really think that Wilson has not been praised enough probably people would lose face too much if overly praise but he has been very good last two games and produced some great saves!
Agreed he’s been very good

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I find myself saying it every game, but we need to take our fucking chances. Each week there seems to be a couple of players deciding to have their turn at fucking up at the vital moment.

Whilst O'Hare was the main culprit today, at least he was making an effort. It makes me a fraction less pissed off but it still isn't good enough. Obviously Shipley has been covered. McCallum was terrible. The rest of the defence and keeper were fine. Giles a bit absent. Kelly underrated. Hamer I actually didn't think was at his best but that finish speaks for itself. I know Walker didn't get a lot of service but he was just walking around most of the time.

Robins got it all wrong second half. That was my real gripe.

Yorkshire SB

O’Hare was a tad frustrating today, but he’s best attacking player, in my view. Runs at defenders, commits them, can drop a shoulder. Dodgy finishing but aside from that I thought he did well.

Shape was off today, defence kept going back to keeper because we couldn’t play through the lines. He’s not played well the last couple but I thought we missed Sheaf in there alongside Kelly.

Littlewood CCFC

Cannot be claiming o’hare had a bad game. Yes should have don’t better with one chance but he’s literally trying to link a midfield that is sitting on their own 18 yard box and a striker who is so on the shoulder of the last man he may as well be a Parrot

One chance??? what game were you watching pal? 1st chance was when Giles put a great ball across the six yard box and all O hare had to do was get any touch on it and it goes in, 2nd chance was the awful passback by there defender and he takes an awful touch that goes past the post when he shud of knocked it to Walker and the 3rd chance was the completely free header in the 2nd half. I actually agree O'hare wasnt too bad overall and struggled as we were playing so deep but as least get your facts right!! ;)

stupot07

He missed 2 sitters, but even so he didn't play well because as you say the formation and the set of players didn't work. Did he have a poor game, yes. Is it his fault/is he a poor player, no.

AFCCOVENTRY

O’Hare is still young and learning the game. The fact he gets in those positions in the Championship in the first place shows how good his movement is. Finishing will come with more game time and coaching.

pastythegreat

Let’s not forget just how bad McCallum was tonight
Im not a massive McCallum fan if im honest, but he didn't look 100% tonight, he looked tired. Dont think it helped his cause that he was virtually doing it alone all night as Shipley offered no support of any sort, he may aswell of not been on the pitch.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

cc84cov

Im not a massive McCallum fan if im honest, but he didn't look 100% tonight, he looked tired. Dont think it helped his cause that he was virtually doing it alone all night as Shipley offered no support of any sort, he may aswell of not been on the pitch.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
I’m not a huge fan myself prefer Giles problem is we went into this league with no proper left back as we done the budget on 532 using wing backs

clint van damme

I find myself saying it every game, but we need to take our fucking chances. Each week there seems to be a couple of players deciding to have their turn at fucking up at the vital moment.

Whilst O'Hare was the main culprit today, at least he was making an effort. It makes me a fraction less pissed off but it still isn't good enough. Obviously Shipley has been covered. McCallum was terrible. The rest of the defence and keeper were fine. Giles a bit absent. Kelly underrated. Hamer I actually didn't think was at his best but that finish speaks for itself. I know Walker didn't get a lot of service but he was just walking around most of the time.

Robins got it all wrong second half. That was my real gripe.

headed chances falling to a 5ft 4' midfielder is also an issue, we need to be getting our striker(s) into those positions.

shmmeee

No player above a 6 for me and that’s exactly why it’s a problem with the formation. No one seemed to know their job or where their team mates would be. No clear balls out of defence so we just lumped it up to Walker all day. If that’s the game you’re playing you’ve got to play Baka on his own up front. But that shouldn’t be the game you’re playing. Made Derby look like Barcelona last night by sitting off back to the 18 yard line.

Slept on it. Still think it’s garbage and I won’t be celebrating bore draws against teams we should be beating and will have to to stay up.

stupot07

No player above a 6 for me and that’s exactly why it’s a problem with the formation. No one seemed to know their job or where their team mates would be. No clear balls out of defence so we just lumped it up to Walker all day. If that’s the game you’re playing you’ve got to play Baka on his own up front. But that shouldn’t be the game you’re playing. Made Derby look like Barcelona last night by sitting off back to the 18 yard line.

Slept on it. Still think it’s garbage and I won’t be celebrating bore draws against teams we should be beating and will have to to stay up.
Thats my reflection too.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Wilson: 7 - Held his own in the last two games so I have to take my hat off to him.

Dabo: 6 - He was beaten a couple of times and failed to get up the pitch enough, but overall he was OK. I think with the amount of games he's played in after being rushed back it did look like he was starting to feel it last night.

McFadz: 7 - Did well to deal with their 120 crosses. They were a real threat on the wings and he dealt with the majority brilliantly

Hyam: 7 - Same as the above.

McCallum: 4 - That was certainly a game to forget. Constantly beaten, did little to close down the cross for the goal and did nothing going forward. Some posters have indicated that he might have had a knock which at least explains the poor performance but if that was the case you have to ask why Robins didn't bring him off as he was quite clearly struggling.

Kelly: 6 - I thought our midfield struggled to get a foothold in the game. Kelly did what he does well and provided a calm influence in what was probably the scrappiest part of the pitch at times. Protected the back line well.

Shipley: 4 - I don't think there's anything more to say regarding his performance. Anonymous all game. I feel he needs a rest.

O'Hare: 6 - I think his misses are clouding people's judgement. He was in the mix and getting into the positions. As shown last season he's not a clinical player so personally I can't begrudge him too much.

Hamer: 7 - Some of his passes in the first half were questionable, but he was an engine throughout and was constantly trying to thread passes through. A well taken goal also. His technique is flawless at times.

Giles: 5 - Put a good cross in for O'Hare but I thought he struggled last night. Whilst he was anonymous for large parts of the game, on reflection one of his main issues was he was matched for pace by their LB (I think) and as a result getting forward was nigh on impossible.

Walker: 6 - A really well taken disallowed goal. He works tirelessly to try and get on the end of things/close down but I feel one up top is a bit of a lost cause at times.

Robins: 5 - I understood the tactics behind utilising this formation for the previous few games as they have all played with electric wingers who like to put crosses in and possibly with exception to Norwich due to injuries, all have a goal scoring target man who can punish most sides in the division. Derby play a similar style quite clearly but taking into account that they are the worst scoring side in the league, this was a game that we needed to take to them and start on the front foot. Even if it meant us conceding (which as I've previously stated is more likely with our usual formation) I honestly believe that if we put them under any kind of pressure (as shown with Hamer's goal) we would've at the very least outscored them.

shmmeee

Wilson: 7 - Held his own in the last two games so I have to take my hat off to him.

Dabo: 6 - He was beaten a couple of times and failed to get up the pitch enough, but overall he was OK. I think with the amount of games he's played in after being rushed back it did look like he was starting to feel it last night.

McFadz: 7 - Did well to deal with their 120 crosses. They were a real threat on the wings and he dealt with the majority brilliantly

Hyam: 7 - Same as the above.

McCallum: 4 - That was certainly a game to forget. Constantly beaten, did little to close down the cross for the goal and did nothing going forward. Some posters have indicated that he might have had a knock which at least explains the poor performance but if that was the case you have to ask why Robins didn't bring him off as he was quite clearly struggling.

Kelly: 6 - I thought our midfield struggled to get a foothold in the game. Kelly did what he does well and provided a calm influence in what was probably the scrappiest part of the pitch at times. Protected the back line well.

Shipley: 4 - I don't think there's anything more to say regarding his performance. Anonymous all game. I feel he needs a rest.

O'Hare: 6 - I think his misses are clouding people's judgement. He was in the mix and getting into the positions. As shown last season he's not a clinical player so personally I can't begrudge him too much.

Hamer: 7 - Some of his passes in the first half were questionable, but he was an engine throughout and was constantly trying to thread passes through. A well taken goal also. His technique is flawless at times.

Giles: 5 - Put a good cross in for O'Hare but I thought he struggled last night. Whilst he was anonymous for large parts of the game, on reflection one of his main issues was he was matched for pace by their LB (I think) and as a result getting forward was nigh on impossible.

Walker: 6 - A really well taken disallowed goal. He works tirelessly to try and get on the end of things/close down but I feel one up top is a bit of a lost cause at times.

Robins: 5 - I understood the tactics behind utilising this formation for the previous few games as they have all played with electric wingers who like to put crosses in and possibly with exception to Norwich due to injuries, all have a goal scoring target man who can punish most sides in the division. Derby play a similar style quite clearly but taking into account that they are the worst scoring side in the league, this was a game that we needed to take to them and start on the front foot. Even if it meant us conceding (which as I've previously stated is more likely with our usual formation) I honestly believe that if we put them under any kind of pressure (as shown with Hamer's goal) we would've at the very least outscored them.

We conceded anyway. We simply aren’t good enough to sit back and absorb constant pressure for 90 minutes.

SeaSeeEffCee

Agree with all of this

KenilworthSkyBlue

We conceded anyway. We simply aren’t good enough to sit back and absorb constant pressure for 90 minutes.

We'll concede in most games regardless of formation. I've even discussed this with you in previous posts so pressing this point to me is purposeless. The formation isn't the common denominator to our defensive issues, the quality and ability of our back line is.

But in the same breath, this issue is also why I believe that usual formation will exacerbate mistakes against better opposition or high press teams. As giving our CB's license to have more time on the ball is borderline suicide - something I believe our usual formation does. Hence why I have consistently reiterated in recent weeks that Robins needs to be more flexible in his formation choice and utilise the 3-5-2/3-5-1-1 against teams who are either of little threat going forward, use the high press or don't play in a similar style to Birmingham/Cardiff/Norwich, and in turn utilise the formation we now use against teams who's style is essentially opposite of the aforementioned styles or at the very least less threatening.

I think the key to surviving in the Championship is to be adaptable. Unfortunately Robins has a propensity to be entrenched in his views and rarely likes to adapt to the opposition and instead will stick to one system unless something forces his hand. He needs to become more self-aware/tactically astute this season if we're going to turn losses/draws into wins and in turn, stay up. Personally, I thought this was the ideal game to utilise the usual formation as despite Derby's propensity to concentrate their attack on the wings I thought they posed little threat in the box.

Like I said even if we conceded using our usual formation, the freedom it gives our players to attack means that I have confidence in the fact that we would've probably outscored them for reasons I've already stated in my previous post.

Users who are viewing this thread