Planned trouble for Sunderland game? (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

Any references to this apparent planned trouble on the Blunderland forums, or are they all just wanking over their big following?

Just a lot of taking the piss out of us for struggling to sell tickets.

cc84cov

WEve sold 1600 tickets on top of season ticket holders I think the club should I give the tickets to schools etc and get the place full nearly 5k of their fans.

Let’s see if the club try and get people in the ground

CovInEssex

WEve sold 1600 tickets on top of season ticket holders I think the club should I give the tickets to schools etc and get the place full nearly 5k of their fans.

Let’s see if the club try and get people in the ground

If we win Saturday there's no excuse the half-fans shouldn't make their annual trip up anyway. Shocking to say, but.

cc84cov

I think most would go to Sunderland as it’s easier for people with jobs kids commitments etc

The club need to get people through the door Sunderland are gonna be loud we need to be up for this one

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

I can remember David Speedie and Gary Bennett having a scrap!!
Back in the day when Sunderland played at Roker park, in the 70s, first game of the season the City played them away at Roker park,

Some of the Sky Blue army got there at the crack of dawn, in them days no 24 hours shopping, so nowhere to get a drink ect.

As the milkman was delivering the milk onto the door steps the Sky Blue army would nick the milk and drink it .

It made it onto to the ITN evening news.

Not one of the Sky Blue army's finest hours.

CovInEssex

Back in the day when Sunderland played at Roker park, in the 70s, first game of the season the City played them away at Roker park,

Some of the Sky Blue army got there at the crack of dawn, in them days no 24 hours shopping, so nowhere to get a drink ect.

As the milkman was delivering the milk onto the door steps the Sky Blue army would nick the milk and drink it .

It made it onto to the ITN evening news.

Not one of the Sky Blue army's finest hours.

What the fuck? Seems a bit tame. My old man was telling me about Roker park on Saturday and said it was a decent ground with good boozers (usual old ground stuff), used to be loads of fun and games along the sea front...and I'm not talking about nicking any milk...or building sandcastles.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

What the fuck? Seems a bit tame. My old man was telling me about Roker park on Saturday and said it was a decent ground with good boozers (usual old ground stuff), used to be loads of fun and games along the sea front...and I'm not talking about nicking any milk...or building sandcastles.
"Seems a bit tame "

So what do you suggest they should have done ?

And I'm not talking about building sandcastles.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Maybe not rock up at an away game before sunlight. Were they expecting traffic or something?
Apparently it was a coach pub crawl on the way upto Sunderland on the Friday night before the game.

Back in the 70s the roads are not what they are today, ie motorways.

Hobo

Apparently it was a coach pub crawl on the way upto Sunderland on the Friday night before the game.

Back in the 70s the roads are not what they are today, ie motorways.

Yes for instance Southampton and Ipswich a couple of hours...back in the 70's 4 if not 5 hours each way!!

KCB1998

I am considering not taking my son that day just in case might see if the old man fancies it but he doesn’t get the Sunderland thing at all
Sunderland fan here ( a sensible one ).
Amazed at the JH thing .Yes it was annoying at the time but Jesus, no one really cares now.
Take your lad it will be a great atmosphere with no doubt some songs from both sets of fans about JH. That's it.
Oh yes, and we will concede early.

Grendel

As it's Pompey 3 days later what about a ticket offer for the two games.

Why would we use most our price reduction opportunities on what should naturally be our two biggest crowds of the season?

Magwitch

Roker Park !! A stones throw from the North Sea, bloody freezing most days. and we always seemed to play them in freezing November or February...and usually lost !

christonabike

If this has been said before forgive me. If it’s not just rumours I would hope the decent folks of Sunderland would see that they have a few hardy blokes stood by the JH statue to stop a few arse holes ruining their reputation.
I’m sure we would do the same as we have had more shyte being fans of CCFC more than anyone but hasn’t stopped us being dignified bar a few chavs.
Time for unity which footie brings people together more than anything.

no_loyalty

I think this was the closest Sunderland got to damaging the JH statue

Users who are viewing this thread