Planned trouble for Sunderland game? (1 Viewer)

Forever_Blue

According to the Cov City fans forum on Facebook there’s talk of Sunderland supporters planning some kind of trouble at the game. Talk of damaging the Jimmy Hill statue, defacing the hall of fame walls and to “smash up” the memorial garden. I find the last one hard to believe but it has been threatened apparently.

Some of the Cov lads on there are talking of defending the above mentioned.

I take it this game will be a highly policed match? Upto 6000 Sunderland fans heading to the game, so could be tasty.

Nick

Administrator
Sound like pricks. Don't think they would get close to defacing things.

In real life it's probably a few 15 year old olds talking shit.

CovInEssex

Nothing will happen, there's always 'talk of trouble' beforehand but we all know the OB read here and on facebook and just put a few more officers on duty.

I'm all for like minded people having a scrap to sort out their differences but it's seriously just not worth it at a football match, as the lads who got sent to jail over Leicester and Millwall incidents will tell you.

Nick

Administrator
Nothing will happen, there's always 'talk of trouble' beforehand but we all know the OB read here and on facebook and just put a few more officers on duty.

I'm all for like minded people having a scrap to sort out their differences but it's seriously just not worth it at a football match, as the lads who got sent to jail over Leicester and Millwall incidents will tell you.

I have no idea why anybody would risk banning orders or potentially instant prison for having a scrap at the ground.

If people were really intent on doing it they would meet up away from the ground and do it.

giphy.gif

chiefdave

Talk of damaging the Jimmy Hill statue, defacing the hall of fame walls and to “smash up” the memorial garden. I find the last one hard to believe but it has been threatened apparently.
That facebook group is always talking about trouble and it never happens.

If the idiot minority of Sunderlands fans want to have a punch up with the idiot minority of our fans then arrange to do it away from the ground and innocent bystanders.

To damage the statue, wall or garden would be disgusting. Can't imagine many, if any, of their fans would endorse that and there would be some self policing if there was a handful of people who planned to do so.

clint van damme

According to the Cov City fans forum on Facebook there’s talk of Sunderland supporters planning some kind of trouble at the game. Talk of damaging the Jimmy Hill statue, defacing the hall of fame walls and to “smash up” the memorial garden. I find the last one hard to believe but it has been threatened apparently.

Some of the Cov lads on there are talking of defending the above mentioned.

I take it this game will be a highly policed match? Upto 6000 Sunderland fans heading to the game, so could be tasty.

Facebook? Certain to haapen then.

Forever_Blue

Only takes a handful of dickheads to get over to the memorial garden and cause some damage.
Also talk of Sunderland fans sitting in the home end to cause some shit.

Monkey Boy

The club seem to be aware of the attempted incursions into the home end according to Twitter and for what its worth, are monitoring tickets sales.

CovInEssex

Genuinely, the thought of sitting next to a rival fan and having a good talk about tactics and who's-who is quite appealing. But then I go the wheatsheaf and go home with a raspy voice after the game.

Liquid Gold

Am I the only one who wouldn't mind that much if a Sunderland fan minding his own business sat next to me?

Not going to waste Bovril (do they do it again??)
I think clubs should trial the use of a mixed zone for times like this. There is plenty of space at the ricoh and we have to turn away income. Same as us at many grounds when we travel. If you cant get tickets in the away end then go in the mixed zone but keep a lid on it, no chanting and mild celebrations for a goal.

pusbccfc

We've had 6500 Leeds, 6000 West Ham, Birmingham, Chelsea, Leicester etc and nothing has really happened.

Can't imagine Sunderland causing bother at 12pm.

pusbccfc

Am I the only one who wouldn't mind that much if a Sunderland fan minding his own business sat next to me?

Not going to waste Bovril (do they do it again??)

I wouldn't want one by me. Wouldn't want to wind him up when joining in with Jimmy Hill's SBA.

CovInEssex

We've had 6500 Leeds, 6000 West Ham, Birmingham, Chelsea, Leicester etc and nothing has really happened.

Can't imagine Sunderland causing bother at 12pm.

I can remember all flashes of trouble at all those games. That's the thing, fighting with so many coppers around is over is seconds. The only team I've ever seen come the Ricoh and kicked us around the place are Birmingham. 6ft black geezers just smashing 'have-a-go' cov fans with a jab.

Greggs

It will probably be "My grandad's mate's cousin's ashes were scattered in that memorial garden I aint letting no scumderland shite deface it"
To be fair, it's a pretty scumbag thing to do and would rightfully deserve a slap

Ashdown

What a yawny load of old bollocks. A handful of new era chavs chimping around at each is the worst it might get. No class !

Blind-Faith

If grown men are willing to use violence over a game of football then let them and lock all of them up , same goes for all the 15 year old chavs , would make the world a slightly better place without these scum bags in it

Users who are viewing this thread